[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MB3

FishFreak

I wrote this last year and still don't get. it How is JJ starting over MB3? Barber does everything well but yet all he gets is mop up duty, goal line carries and 3rd down situations.

Some things just don't seem fair.......JJ over MB3, Foster over Williams and F. Taylor over MJD. Heck., I thought Mike Bell was better than Tatum Bell last year. Are these coaches screwing with the FF community?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no, it's just that some of these guys are better between the 20s for the system that their team runs... while the others MBIII, MJD, etc. work better under the pressure of the red zone. It's the new way of the NFL, a copycat league, that ses a system work for one team nd then tries to emulate it.

Parcells liked Julius as the primary runner because he has elusiveness and speed that MB3 does not have. Granted, it did not show up all that much but DAL likes Jones as the yardage back and MB3 as the 3rd down / goal line back. There has been nothing to suggest that the sharing is going to change despite changing to a new offensive scheme this year. The rushing attack was more successful than it had ever been since the glory days of Emmitt so there's no perceived need to change. What is interesting to see is that JJ is in the final year of his contract and nothing has been done to try to re-sign him.

Julius Jones has top 10 back POTENTIAL, but iis fragile upstairs, and Bill Parcells had this kid scared to death last yr, with the mind games Big Bill played on JJ. You will see a back closer to the one we saw at the end of his rookie year, and this time next yr MB3 will be completely forgotten like A-train.

Marion Barber got alot of his bigger runs on 3rd and long, when the D thought the Boys were passing. He was solid in short yardage situations, but if MB3 was the #1 back in Dallas, this team would be lucky to achieve 100 rushing yards in any game.

MB3 = A-train Plain and simple. He was solid in his role last yr, but likely wont come close to duplicating his success running the ball, let alone the TD'S.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Julius Jones has top 10 back POTENTIAL, but iis fragile upstairs, and Bill Parcells had this kid scared to death last yr, with the mind games Big Bill played on JJ. You will see a back closer to the one we saw at the end of his rookie year, and this time next yr MB3 will be completely forgotten like A-train.

Marion Barber got alot of his bigger runs on 3rd and long, when the D thought the Boys were passing. He was solid in short yardage situations, but if MB3 was the #1 back in Dallas, this team would be lucky to achieve 100 rushing yards in any game.

MB3 = A-train Plain and simple. He was solid in his role last yr, but likely wont come close to duplicating his success running the ball, let alone the TD'S.

:D

Couldn't agree less...

And I'm assuming you drafted JJ right? :D

We'll revisit this again at seasons end.

I havent had my local drafts yet, and I dont have JJ in any of my 6 Dynasty Leagues. So it has nothing to do with owning him.

Im providing some insight to those clueless about the situation in Big D. You can use it or run your mouth, it makes no difference to me. But those that pay attention, will benefit.

i pointed this out in another thread:

In the girls 9 wins:

MBarber:

97carries

528 yards

5.4avg

12TDs

In their 7 loses

38carries

126 yards

3.3avg

2TDs

seems to me that the boys should do their best to get barber at least 10 rushes/game...but as a birds fan i say give him 2/game

Edited by keggerz

I actually could see that happening. Searching the Cowboys message boards JJ is definetely the back that the fans like the most and he seems to have a chip on his shoulder that Parcells used him wrong and to earn that new pay check. I agree with DMD though the lack of effort to get a deal worked out can't be a good sign about the Cowboy's intentions to use him this year. It's definetely a tricky situation where MBIII is probably the safest pick, but JJ is probably the better value.

carries in the 4th quarter when the score was within 7 pts:

JJ: 25 carries for 68 yards 2.7avg 1TD

Barber: 28 carries for 146 yards 5.2avg 5TDs

more to come...

Last 2 minutes of a half:

JJ 3 carries for 25 yards 0TDs

Barber 15 carries for 88 yards 1TD

4th quarter:

JJ 43/138 3.2avg 1TD

Barber 50/285 5.7avg 8TDs

in the red zone:

JJ 49/138 2.8 2TDs

Barber 51/171 3.4 14TDs

while JJ may be the starter it sure looks like Barber gets the carries that matter and on top of that it sure looks like he produces with them too

Edited by keggerz

We'll revisit this again at seasons end.

I havent had my local drafts yet, and I dont have JJ in any of my 6 Dynasty Leagues. So it has nothing to do with owning him.

Im providing some insight to those clueless about the situation in Big D. You can use it or run your mouth, it makes no difference to me. But those that pay attention, will benefit.

You're pretty sensitive for a military man. Thanks for the insight to the clueless community.

You're pretty sensitive for a military man. Thanks for the insight to the clueless community.

Not sensitve or military. Now you know that as well.

I hardly call, Lets revisit at seasons end sensitive. Why argue with people that dont know whats going on down here. Its like arguing with my 3 yr old. They have to see it for themselves before they believe what they are told.

carries in the 4th quarter when the score was within 7 pts:

JJ: 25 carries for 68 yards 2.7avg 1TD

Barber: 28 carries for 146 yards 5.2avg 5TDs

more to come...

Last 2 minutes of a half:

JJ 3 carries for 25 yards 0TDs

Barber 15 carries for 88 yards 1TD

4th quarter:

JJ 43/138 3.2avg 1TD

Barber 50/285 5.7avg 8TDs

in the red zone:

JJ 49/138 2.8 2TDs

Barber 51/171 3.4 14TDs

while JJ may be the starter it sure looks like Barber gets the carries that matter and on top of that it sure looks like he produces with them too

Newsflash. Bill Parcells isnt the coach anymore, and Jones is a man on a mission, in a contract year.

I actually could see that happening. Searching the Cowboys message boards JJ is definetely the back that the fans like the most and he seems to have a chip on his shoulder that Parcells used him wrong and to earn that new pay check. I agree with DMD though the lack of effort to get a deal worked out can't be a good sign about the Cowboy's intentions to use him this year. It's definetely a tricky situation where MBIII is probably the safest pick, but JJ is probably the better value.

QB Tony Romo is in a contract year as well, and Jerry Jones hasnt resigned him long term yet either.

The Cowboys are my team, and I probably follow them closer than 95% of the people here. I tend to agree with Sarge. Barber is a great situational back, but he doesn't have the explosiveness to be the man. JJ while often injured is very explosive. I'd rather have a healthy JJ as the starter and MB3 as a situational back than I would MB3 as the starter. JJ has shown flashes of being special when healthy. Wade has made several comments that basically state he doesn't think Parcells was utilizing JJ's strengths, and that he plans on using a lot more screens and draws.

Newsflash. Bill Parcells isnt the coach anymore, and Jones is a man on a mission, in a contract year.

Newsflash. I know Bill Parcells isnt the coach anymore.

:D NEWSFLASH Sarge avoids commenting on the numbers that were quoted

Edited by keggerz

Newsflash. I know Bill Parcells isnt the coach anymore.

:D NEWSFLASH Sarge avoids commenting on the numbers that were quoted

Well if you knew Parcells wasnt coaching here any longer, then you must have missed Wades comments about the way Parcells used Jones, otherwise you wouldnt be posting those numbers or this post.

What do numbers last year matter, when the coach that gave Barber those opportunities, isnt here any longer.

New HC Wade Phillips has already said, he didnt think Parcells used Jones correctly, and he was planning on doing that this yr.

I didnt avoid commenting on those useless numbers, I was giving you a pass for posting them in the first place, until you made me kick you in the nuts here.

Yes, but Romo isn't in a competition with another QB for attempts either. Hardly the same situation with QB-RB.

You are right, its not the same situation, its even more proof of what I was saying before. Romo doesnt have anyone on the roster to take his position, yet the team still doesnt feel the need to lock him up, YET. While the team has Barber as leverage, vs Jones, and the team hasnt attempted to lock him up, YET.

This is clearly a muddy situation from the outside, yet those who have no idea what is happening here every day, are questioning those who hear more than they care to admit of news conferences, player comments, etc.... The post is suppose to give insight on what is happening here for those who are looking for that info. Im done arguing about the subject. Either take the advice or don't, but spewing out your ass, something you have no idea or info about, as fact, is distorting those who are seeking info.

This is clearly a muddy situation from the outside, yet those who have no idea what is happening here every day, are questioning those who hear more than they care to admit of news conferences, player comments, etc.... The post is suppose to give insight on what is happening here for those who are looking for that info. Im done arguing about the subject. Either take the advice or don't, but spewing out your ass, something you have no idea or info about, as fact, is distorting those who are seeking info.

I appreciate your insight. I appreciate Keggerz insight.

You are right, its not the same situation, its even more proof of what I was saying before. Romo doesnt have anyone on the roster to take his position, yet the team still doesnt feel the need to lock him up, YET. While the team has Barber as leverage, vs Jones, and the team hasnt attempted to lock him up, YET.

Romo has much more job security and love from Dallas. It's really not the same, but I'm done talking about it.

Well if you knew Parcells wasnt coaching here any longer, then you must have missed Wades comments about the way Parcells used Jones, otherwise you wouldnt be posting those numbers or this post.

What do numbers last year matter, when the coach that gave Barber those opportunities, isnt here any longer.

New HC Wade Phillips has already said, he didnt think Parcells used Jones correctly, and he was planning on doing that this yr.

I didnt avoid commenting on those useless numbers, I was giving you a pass for posting them in the first place, until you made me kick you in the nuts here.

those numbers are indicative of past performance...just put me in the group that is skeptical that JJ can get it done, no matter how he is used...but if wade wants to throw bill under the bus then more power to him...the numbers show a correlation to winning when Barber got the ball 10 times or more...so while Wade may use JJ differently I would suspect that he also sees what barber adds to the boys....color me skeptical but I dont expect we will see JJ carrying the ball very much inside the 10 yard line or cracking double digit TDs

oh and since when is Phillips the end all and be all of coaching? I mean we are talking about WADE PHILLIPS right? Wade Phillips the DEFENSIVE MINDED coach that is. It wasnt so very long ago that you boys thought that Pracells was supposed to be the Saviour. :D

but hey only time will tell.

Edited by keggerz

Romo has much more job security and love from Dallas. It's really not the same, but I'm done talking about it.

Now you are twisting your original argument. You insinuated because Dallas hasn't resigned Jones, that may be an indication of his future in Dallas. I pointed out, Dallas hasn't resigned Romo, and there is no indication anyone taking his job, or him leaving, more to the fact the Jones is letting this play out this year, while these players are under contract, instead of resigning them early. Anyway, I made my point....