[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MB3

FishFreak

Now you are twisting your original argument. You insinuated because Dallas hasn't resigned Jones, that may be an indication of his future in Dallas. I pointed out, Dallas hasn't resigned Romo, and there is no indication anyone taking his job, or him leaving, more to the fact the Jones is letting this play out this year, while these players are under contract, instead of resigning them early. Anyway, I made my point....

Right, theoretically we're on the same side. We both think JJ can push MBIII out of the way. I just don't like that he hasn't been offered a long term deal when there's another capable RB who averaged more per rush last year when he is in his final year. If he agreed to a deal tomorrow I'd feel better about his chances.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, theoretically we're on the same side. We both think JJ can push MBIII out of the way. I just don't like that he hasn't been offered a long term deal when there's another capable RB who averaged more per rush last year when he is in his final year. If he agreed to a deal tomorrow I'd feel better about his chances.

Jerry Jones has made no secret that he'd like to get McFadden in '08's draft with the Browns pick that Dallas acquired.

Also, Julius didn't do himself any favors with the new coaching staff by skipping OTAs this offseason.

its called reading between the lines :D they can hope that JJ is all that they want him to be but if he isnt given a contract yet that goes to show that they do have some reservations and imo having barber doesnt even matter...if i were a betting man i would say that it would be safe to say that the boys will let JJ walk and draft McFadden next yr(barring some major injury of course)

Jerry Jones has made no secret that he'd like to get McFadden in '08's draft with the Browns pick that Dallas acquired.

Also, Julius didn't do himself any favors with the new coaching staff by skipping OTAs this offseason.

i will be rooting for the browns at every turn in hopes that they are just a game better then another team that would select a RB over the boys

Yes but McFadden, next year's college freak, will be the #1 pick next year and I don't think Cleveland will be in the bottom five. It's amazing how the NFL is like a big cycle.

edit- do you have a link btw to your theory?

Edited by broncosn05

those numbers are indicative of past performance...just put me in the group that is skeptical that JJ can get it done, no matter how he is used...but if wade wants to throw bill under the bus then more power to him...the numbers show a correlation to winning when Barber got the ball 10 times or more...so while Wade may use JJ differently I would suspect that he also sees what barber adds to the boys....color me skeptical but I dont expect we will see JJ carrying the ball very much inside the 10 yard line or cracking double digit TDs

oh and since when is Phillips the end all and be all of coaching? I mean we are talking about WADE PHILLIPS right? Wade Phillips the DEFENSIVE MINDED coach that is. It wasnt so very long ago that you boys thought that Pracells was supposed to be the Saviour. :D

but hey only time will tell.

Keg,

What generally happens late in games, when a team has the lead. When do RB's generally gain bigger chunks of their rushing yards? Thsoe 2 questions sum up Marion Barber. Now why was Barber in the game in the first place, well that is simple. Parcells perceived Jones to have a fumbling problem, and he gave those carries to Marion Barber.

For those not following along

The numbers say, Barber was used late in games to salt the game away, when the team had the lead. He gained big chunks going at a worn out defense, while Jones played the first 3.5 quarters against the fresher legs. The thing is Dallas needs to know what they have at the position, to determine if Arkansas RB Darren McFadden will be the pick with the Browns 1st round choice they acquired via trade on draft date. Barber is not a feature back. He isnt fast, nor elusive, and certainly isnt the answer early in games, when the D is fresh. Jones will be used more this yr, or so Phillips has stated, and they are planning on finding out if he is the long term answer at the position, or if they need to look outside the roster for the feature back next yr.

Yes but McFadden, next year's college freak, will be the #1 pick next year and I don't think Cleveland will be in the bottom five. It's amazing how the NFL is like a big cycle.

When is the last time a RB went #1 overall. Brian Brohm is likely the slam dunk #1 overall pick next yr. But then again, Brady Quinn was the early on #1 pick this yr and he went #22. Next yrs draft is pure speculation at this point.

:D

Even if Cleveland does NOT finish in the bottom five, Dallas is armed with two 1st rounders to at least make a bid to move up into the top 3.

Jerry Jones has connections back to Arkansas as well.

If you don't think that Cleveland will finish in the bottom five, then I'm curious as to how you project their season. They look to still be last in their division, at best 3rd. With a strength of schedule a hair over .500, a 4 game improvement isn't probable.

Edited by kingfish247

Keg,

What generally happens late in games, when a team has the lead. When do RB's generally gain bigger chunks of their rushing yards? Thsoe 2 questions sum up Marion Barber. Now why was Barber in the game in the first place, well that is simple. Parcells perceived Jones to have a fumbling problem, and he gave those carries to Marion Barber.

For those not following along

The numbers say, Barber was used late in games to salt the game away, when the team had the lead. He gained big chunks going at a worn out defense, while Jones played the first 3.5 quarters against the fresher legs. The thing is Dallas needs to know what they have at the position, to determine if Arkansas RB Darren McFadden will be the pick with the Browns 1st round choice they acquired via trade on draft date. Barber is not a feature back. He isnt fast, nor elusive, and certainly isnt the answer early in games, when the D is fresh. Jones will be used more this yr, or so Phillips has stated, and they are planning on finding out if he is the long term answer at the position, or if they need to look outside the roster for the feature back next yr.

1st I have not said that Barber is a FEATURE BACK, just pointed out how each did in certain scenarios

you must have missed this break downs or just want to ignore it.

This stat has nothing to do with having a BIG LEAD. but both got pretty equal carries and barber just did more with his(you should like that as a boys fan)...i guess you are right that in the 4th runners are facing defenders that arent as fresh...i just guess JJ was tired from all his carries in the 1st 3 quarters...

carries in the 4th quarter when the score was within 7 pts:

JJ: 25 carries for 68 yards 2.7avg 1TD

Barber: 28 carries for 146 yards 5.2avg 5TDs

imo, dallass doesnt have a feature back. Just a starter that hasnt lived up to his potential and fans that will use the previous coach as the reason :D

OH and did you know that Barber had 73 carries when the boys were not leading as in behind or like LOSING oh and those 73 carries accounted for 54% of his overall carries...so Barber actually had fewer carries when the boys had a lead then when they were losing....sheesh who is the cowboy fan here anyway?

Edited by keggerz

When is the last time a RB went #1 overall. Brian Brohm is likely the slam dunk #1 overall pick next yr. But then again, Brady Quinn was the early on #1 pick this yr and he went #22. Next yrs draft is pure speculation at this point.

McFadden finished 2nd in the heisman last year in that landslide. The guy is a stud. He'll be one barring injury. Of course Brohm is up there because of mah boy Bobby Petrino.

I have drafted Julius Jones as my second running back every year in the league....I have made the playoffs every year. I will be tickled pink to get him as my flex in the 7th or 8th round. Thanks for the 1200 yards rushing, 600 receiving and about 10-12 touchdowns. Pretty good production for a guy in the 7th round. :D

Dear Sgt. Ryan,

I don't have to be a die hard Cowboy fan, live in the area or attend training camps to have an opinion on the Dallas running game. And just because we disagree with the 5-star General you are....that doesn't make us clueless. It's not like you have the final say on ANYTHING happening to the Cowboys. You make it seem like MB3 picked up all his yardage and scored all his TD's in garbage time. The fact is JJ is a mediocre back. What exactly has he done as a Cowboy? MB3 put up more fantasy points than JJ with almost 50% less touches last year which speaks volumes by itself.

Who knows, maybe JJ breaks out like you think he will or maybe MB3 is just better like others think. I have no problem being wrong about this IF I am. Just don't go tooting your own horn as if you have final say on all fantasy matters and dismiss other opinions. This is after all a forum for open discussion.

Sincerely,

FishFreak

McFadden finished 2nd in the heisman last year in that landslide. The guy is a stud. He'll be one barring injury. Of course Brohm is up there because of mah boy Bobby Petrino.

AP finished 2nd in the Heisman his freshman yr at OU, and never placed in the top 10 the next 2 yrs. Nothing is guaranteed.

I have drafted Julius Jones as my second running back every year in the league....I have made the playoffs every year. I will be tickled pink to get him as my flex in the 7th or 8th round. Thanks for the 1200 yards rushing, 600 receiving and about 10-12 touchdowns. Pretty good production for a guy in the 7th round. :D

Now that's just funny. :D

Dear Sgt. Ryan,

I don't have to be a die hard Cowboy fan, live in the area or attend training camps to have an opinion on the Dallas running game. And just because we disagree with the 5-star General you are....that doesn't make us clueless. It's not like you have the final say on ANYTHING happening to the Cowboys. You make it seem like MB3 picked up all his yardage and scored all his TD's in garbage time. The fact is JJ is a mediocre back. What exactly has he done as a Cowboy? MB3 put up more fantasy points than JJ with almost 50% less touches last year which speaks volumes by itself.

Who knows, maybe JJ breaks out like you think he will or maybe MB3 is just better like others think. I have no problem being wrong about this IF I am. Just don't go tooting your own horn as if you have final say on all fantasy matters and dismiss other opinions. This is after all a forum for open discussion.

Sincerely,

FishFreak

Dear Fishfood

Barber was a goal line back a yr ago, scoring what 17 TDS. Hell yes he scored more fantasy points than Julius Jones who was rarely, if ever was used at the goal line. But "Newsflash", that was under a different coach, and this coach has said Jones wasn't used correctly under parcells, and he will be used differently now. I dont know anything as a fact. But you are basing your post on last yrs stats, and the elements of the team have changed since last yr. New HC, New OC, and a better OL. Jones is said to have put on 10-15 lbs of muscle this offseason, to help him stay healthier for the whole season . Its being reported he is faster as well. I wasn't out there timing or weighing the man, but these are the words of the head coach. Im not dismissing MB3's success a year ago. But I also dont think its any more relevant this yr, than Mike Furry is to the Detroit offense, now that Calvin Johnson is on board. Sure the dynamics are different, as Johnson is another playe taking Furrys opportunities, but in this case, the COACH decides who plays, and in Dallas, all signs point to that being Julius Jones. Im giving info to those who dont have any idea what is going on in camp. You call Jones a mediocre runner, that is your opinion. But Ive seen him excel at this level in a Cowboy uniform, and I expect to see it again, THIS yr.

Just don't go tooting your own horn as if you have final say on all fantasy matters and dismiss other opinions.

Trust me when I say this, please. Sarge will always have the final say, because no matter what it is, he will say it longer, louder and in more different ways then anyone else. He certainly would never let something as insignificant as facts or the truth. Sooner you that, the better you will be for it.

Dear Fishfood

Barber was a goal line back a yr ago, scoring what 17 TDS. Hell yes he scored more fantasy points than Julius Jones who was rarely, if ever was used at the goal line. But "Newsflash", that was under a different coach, and this coach has said Jones wasn't used correctly under parcells, and he will be used differently now. I dont know anything as a fact. But you are basing your post on last yrs stats, and the elements of the team have changed since last yr. New HC, New OC, and a better OL. Jones is said to have put on 10-15 lbs of muscle this offseason, to help him stay healthier for the whole season . Its being reported he is faster as well. I wasn't out there timing or weighing the man, but these are the words of the head coach. Im not dismissing MB3's success a year ago. But I also dont think its any more relevant this yr, than Mike Furry is to the Detroit offense, now that Calvin Johnson is on board. Sure the dynamics are different, as Johnson is another playe taking Furrys opportunities, but in this case, the COACH decides who plays, and in Dallas, all signs point to that being Julius Jones. Im giving info to those who dont have any idea what is going on in camp. You call Jones a mediocre runner, that is your opinion. But Ive seen him excel at this level in a Cowboy uniform, and I expect to see it again, THIS yr.

Exactly Sarge...I mean When Julius dominates it is on Draw plays...timing plays....no ram in up the middle into the muck plays. I see a role similiar to when Ahman Green was playing very well in Green Bay for Julius....with a tad bit less power than Green had then...but not much less. The kid is phenominal. He skipped OTA's to work out with his brother I think...and noone is accusing Thomas of being out of shape....are they. How long did it take Thomas to get used the way he needed to be used....4 years....5 years. I think Garrett uses Julius' attributes to the max this year. I will draft him again in all leagues I am in...he is a good luck charm :D

Trust me when I say this, please. Sarge will always have the final say, because no matter what it is, he will say it longer, louder and in more different ways then anyone else. He certainly would never let something as insignificant as facts or the truth. Sooner you that, the better you will be for it.

The final say last yr was a 100.00 check you sent my way after getting your ass beat in BCS, in a lil wager you were so eager to make. Care to make the same wager again in that league. Care to dispute those facts, Ronald McDonald.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

are those his combined stats from the last 2 seasons?