[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Casa De Reddogs2020

reddogs2020

Check out the new digs for the reddogs2020 family. I closed and moved in June. Almost an acre lot, almost 4k sq. ft. Great neighborhood. Great neighbors. This is the link to the website of the seller's realtor (she still has it marked as "under contract" but it should be in her "sold" portfolio). Mine is the Woodmark house.

http://www.suehoult.com/

Edited by reddogs2020

Check out the new digs for the reddogs2020 family. I closed and moved in June. 269,900 (seller didn't budge but I did get 7k toward closing), almost an acre lot, almost 4k sq. ft. Great neighborhood. Great neighbors. This is the link to the website of the seller's realtor (she still has it marked as "under contract" but it should be in her "sold" portfolio). Mine is the 5001 Woodmark Drive house.

http://www.suehoult.com/

:D Congrats!

Congrats to you too dude! It is a great feeling to finally own rather than rent.

I hear ya. It's even worse going from a home (well, condo) owner back to a renter, as I am now. So yeah, going back to home ownership will certainly feel good.

Very nice.

Bet the little lady loves the kitchen.

Link didn't have much info other than the pictures.

Hook us up with a few details.

Interestingly, I was looking at the Greensboro (Triad) area as well.

Very beautiful place to live from what I saw of a week's vacation there.

Congrats!

Thanks for the congrats, all.

Yeah, the wife is ecstatic now that I have had all of the old appliances replaced with the stainless steel variety. Also bought a front load washer/dryer for the laundry room.

The area is wonderful. Prices are more in line with what one could expect to spend for a house 5 years ago in DC. I didn't buy in DC then, and I couldn't afford to buy in DC now. Plus, we've got waaaaay more land than we could ever get in DC or close by (even going all the way to Bel Air, MD or Fredericksburg, VA).

As for details the pics don't show, it has an attached carport (which is basically a garage without a garage door), has lots and lots of trees, is a corner house and sits on .94 acre. The house was built in 1975 and it is solid as a rock. I recently met one of the guys who did the brickwork for our fireplaces. According to him, the house was built with a couple of steel beams laid from one end of the house to the other to keep the walls from settling and the resultant cracks in the ceilings/walls. It has tons of storage space in the attic and more in the reinforced floor space above the carport. The former owner did alot of detailed woodwork himself throughout the house, including moldings and other accents. The dining room and hallway have hardwood floors.

My neighbors are great. The guy across the street is a retired army ranger (who told me he has a bullet for anybody who tries to mess with the wife and kid when I'm in DC), and his wife is a RN. My neighbor to the left is a retired exec for IBM, I think. He's a nice/reasonable guy. I know this because I accidentally drove my mower on his property and chopped up one of his sprinkler heads. He accepted my apology and refused my offer for reimbursement. I've yet to meet the neighbor to my right/rear. He has a dog that, although leashed, has limited access to a small wooded area on the rear edge of my property. I don't mind it though since the dog serves as an alarm for anybody approaching my house from the back.

The neighborhood is a couple of blocks from the Grandover Resort and Spa. Our neighborhood (Trailwood Acres) sits between a neighborhood called Sedgefield (where they are hoping to host the Wyndham Classic next year) and Grandover Estates. Both Sedgefield and Grandover Estates have houses listed in the 750k and up range. Which for Greensboro, NC, is a lot of house! My wife wants to one day move to one of those.

In spite of the weekly commute, I couldn't be happier with our first home. Greensboro is not too big and not too small. I guess every city has crime and although I've heard reports of increased gang activity in the city, it isn't in our part of town...yet.