[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What the Friggindy Frick?

cre8tiff

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 waiver moves is not that limited, unless you have ADHD.

ADHD is characterized by often obsessive hyper-focus, impulsivity, and a silly fascination with mucous.

I scour that WW and FA every single hour of every single day. I'll grab a player just because I heard he's about to be traded, and then drop him that same day if he doesn't.

Diagnosis confirmed. :D

I just got the surprise of the season when three very experienced Huddlers drafted backup kickers in the 16th round of a 16 team league (GoodvEvil). :D

I have never drafted a second kicker, usually either drafting the kicker in the last round, or if for some reason I already got one, pick up a long shot sleeper in that last spot, so I can take a shot.

Is the backup kicker as uncommon as I THINK it is? :D

Spill the facts: we get 5 waiver moves per year. That backup kicker very likely becomes one of those cuts once the bye week is passed for your starter. I'd explain it more, but don't want to educate you further.

Even better.

It still makes sense to grab 2 PKs with the knowledge that he provides a roster spot for later in the season.

???

Why not just draft nobody, or Fred Lane... or Brooks Bollinger.

Take a shot at a rookie who may be awesome, or a backup you may need. These guys are going to be harder to get at the last minute than a bye week kicker... who people like you will apparently be cutting left and right.

???

Why not just draft nobody, or Fred Lane... or Brooks Bollinger.

Take a shot at a rookie who may be awesome, or a backup you may need. These guys are going to be harder to get at the last minute than a bye week kicker... who people like you will apparently be cutting left and right.

Because then you have to drop the nobody to pick up a kicker on the bye week and then drop the kicker the next week (2 waiver moves).

I save the kicker until last because A. You easily could get a very good quality kicker in the last round or B. I usually will pick up a different one (or multiple) throuhgout the year, so it really doesnt matter. As far as defenses, depending on how your league scores it, they could be valuable, but if I don't get the sure thing (Baltimore or Chicago, or maybe another one depending on the year) then I will wait til the 2nd to last round. When the draft trends to runs on kickers and defenses, thats the perfect time to pick up that sleeper you feel is gonna be good. I also have the same strategy when it comes to tight ends. This year, Antonio Gates is about the only one that I was really high on (in past years Gonzo) as being good enough to pick relatively early, but if I don't get him, why waste a pick early on a guy like Jeremey Shockey who is always hurt, when you could add a 4th or 5th receiver, and have some nice depth, or even that back up running back that everyone probably wants, but are too worried about getting all of there starters in place, and need to get involved in the run on tight ends. I don't always win my leagues or anything, but I usually compete quite well in just about every league by using that strategy (accept for the BCS league last year, in which case my team was an abortion).

The day I carry 2 kickers and/or 2 defenses on my team is the day I'm 6 feet under.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

Because then you have to drop the nobody to pick up a kicker on the bye week and then drop the kicker the next week (2 waiver moves).

Your theory is flawed in two ways:

1) Hopefully, you wouldn't be dropping a nobody. The hope is to have a good sleeper.

2) Why would you drop the kicker the next week? Keep the kicker.

Your theory is flawed in two ways:

1) Hopefully, you wouldn't be dropping a nobody. The hope is to have a good sleeper.

2) Why would you drop the kicker the next week? Keep the kicker.

okay, then you have to drop a "somebody." I prefer to drop the most useless player on my team (what I consider a nobody).

Unless you drop your other kicker, then you'll carry two kickers on your roster the rest of the season? No thanks.

okay, then you have to drop a "somebody." I prefer to drop the most useless player on my team (what I consider a nobody).

Unless you drop your other kicker, then you'll carry two kickers on your roster the rest of the season? No thanks.

I think you're still missing it. Why wouldn't you drop the bye week kicker to pick up a kicker you could use?

Never mind. Your strategy rules. Good luck this year. :D