[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh Crud...

Savage Beatings

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife does the books in my house..For the most part she knows what I spend on fantasy but to be honest not entirely..My reasons are Ammo for arguments reasons..If I say we should tighten the belt in the house she would have a softball to hit out of the park by saying then cut out some fantasy leagues . I pay for some of my leagues in cash..The less ball busting ammo I give the better..

My wife does the books in my house..For the most part she knows what I spend on fantasy but to be honest not entirely..My reasons are Ammo for arguments reasons..If I say we should tighten the belt in the house she would have a softball to hit out of the park by saying then cut out some fantasy leagues . I pay for some of my leagues in cash..The less ball busting ammo I give the better..

maybe you should try winning some of your leagues :D

maybe you should try winning some of your leagues :D

Thing is when I do win I fully disclose going back to my ammo theory. 2 years ago I won about 1600 on a survivor pool and gladly told her about the whole thing ..

I have been e-mailing the owners in my league over the last couple of days... we draft tonight... to go over some details. I sent oune out today discussing how we need to adjust our payouts this year because the cost of the website hosting went up slightly.

One owner has his work email listed as his contact... many of the group emails I send get filtered as spam. So, I sent a copy of the email to his home email address. I just got a tense reply from the guy's wife saying, "Let me get this straight, it costs $XX to join your league?"

Apparently this guy must have told her otherwise and I screwed him by trying to get the information to him in a way which he did not authorize. I have no idea now if he'll make it to our draft tonight or not. I've contacted him and offered to totally lie to his wife he he wants me to. I feel horrible about this. I just had no idea.

:D:D

if you feel that bad about it cover all or part of his entry fee.

See, it starts like this - little lies to one's spouse (because she must have his nether regions in the freezer or her purse, I assume) and before you know it, you're being threatened to take a plea deal or the Feds will nail you with RICO charges because this guy has rolled over on you because your interstate FF gambling/dog fighting scheme has been unearthed.

I say put a cap in his ass & bury his body in the nearest landfill site.

:D That's beautiful man!

First things first - NEVER send your boys an email @ home that you wouldn't mind sharing with their spouse. PLENTY of guys have shared email accounts at home and do all of their private s--t at work. Major Party Foul committed by the commish, who knows it. He ows his boy a drink or ten.

Second, lying to your wife is just a bad idea period. About anything. Stand up and be counted for who you are and what you do, warts and all.

That being said, it took my wife a while to get over how much $$ I spend on one of my leagues. We're talking $600 buy in w/ every transaction at $10 each (~17/year) plus penalties of $100, $75, $50 and $25 for the bottom 4 finshers in a 12 man. PLUS - you must attend 2 out of every 3 drafts or you're out of the league. Drafts are basically bachelor weekends in fancy citys across North America - SF, N.O., Vegas, Montreal, Tahoe being recent past years. Golf, steak dinners, hotels, airfare...etc.... These trips are not only an extra $1,500 - $2,000 in additional outlay, it's a "in the books" guys weekend @ the end of summer right before school starts. Doesn't sell well. I have no idea how there is a waiting list for this league (well, maybe I do - $5,000 to the winner), but there is. Anyway, my wife understands that its my only real gambling and frankly I'm up $$, even with trip expenses, over the past 6 years running.

While $100 is a joke for that kind of treatment from wifey, stupid move not telling her. If you can't spend a hundred clams without your wife's approval, you got bigger issues.

Edited by Butkus

My league charges $200 per team for our league pot, which is more than most leagues. Any wife that gets worked up about $200 in this day and age (assuming that checks aren't bouncing and the bill collecters are not lined up at the door) is being a controlling shrew and needs to mellow out in a big way.

I don't see this as lying to your wife. Where do you draw the line on things to share with your wife? Hi Honey, I'm at work, I'm going to the bathroom now.

Honey, I'm still at work. A hot babe just walked by and all of us guys whistled and stared at her. How's your day going?

Do any of you guys tell your wife everything that you do every day?

Didn't think so.

I think it would be interesting to have a thread where we answer two questions:

1. Does you spouse know how much you spend on FF?

2. If you win, do you tell your spouse how much you won?

Yes and Yes, anything i win, she gets, thats her shutup payment for putting up with my obsession.