[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh Crud...

Savage Beatings

I have been e-mailing the owners in my league over the last couple of days... we draft tonight... to go over some details. I sent oune out today discussing how we need to adjust our payouts this year because the cost of the website hosting went up slightly.

One owner has his work email listed as his contact... many of the group emails I send get filtered as spam. So, I sent a copy of the email to his home email address. I just got a tense reply from the guy's wife saying, "Let me get this straight, it costs $XX to join your league?"

Apparently this guy must have told her otherwise and I screwed him by trying to get the information to him in a way which he did not authorize. I have no idea now if he'll make it to our draft tonight or not. I've contacted him and offered to totally lie to his wife he he wants me to. I feel horrible about this. I just had no idea.

:D:D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been e-mailing the owners in my league over the last couple of days... we draft tonight... to go over some details. I sent oune out today discussing how we need to adjust our payouts this year because the cost of the website hosting went up slightly.

One owner has his work email listed as his contact... many of the group emails I send get filtered as spam. So, I sent a copy of the email to his home email address. I just got a tense reply from the guy's wife saying, "Let me get this straight, it costs $XX to join your league?"Apparently this guy must have told her otherwise and I screwed him by trying to get the information to him in a way which he did not authorize. I have no idea now if he'll make it to our draft tonight or not. I've contacted him and offered to totally lie to his wife he he wants me to. I feel horrible about this. I just had no idea.

:wacko::D

:D

One owner has his work email listed as his contact... many of the group emails I send get filtered as spam. So, I sent a copy of the email to his home email address. I just got a tense reply from the guy's wife saying, "Let me get this straight, it costs $XX to join your league?"

Apparently this guy must have told her otherwise and I screwed him by trying to get the information to him in a way which he did not authorize. I have no idea now if he'll make it to our draft tonight or not. I've contacted him and offered to totally lie to his wife he he wants me to. I feel horrible about this. I just had no idea.

That is his problem, not yours.

You can't help it he is a liar.

See, it starts like this - little lies to one's spouse (because she must have his nether regions in the freezer or her purse, I assume) and before you know it, you're being threatened to take a plea deal or the Feds will nail you with RICO charges because this guy has rolled over on you because your interstate FF gambling/dog fighting scheme has been unearthed.

I say put a cap in his ass & bury his body in the nearest landfill site.

:wacko::D

Well he obviously should have a secure, personal email address of his own, not one he shares with his wife. After all, if you can't honestly lie to your wife, who can you lie to? :D

Someones gonna have one hang-dog look on his face tonight. :wacko:

This is a prime example why I have separate emails from the wife. In fact the personal email account I use for football she doesn't even know about. I have a dummy one that she can see when she peeks over my shoulder. If she found out just how much I spent in FFB she would slit my throat while I sleep.

Edited by cliaz

Why is she checking HIS email?

Shared account... so she's not really checking HIS... I just f'd up assuming it would be alright.

Congrats -- how were you able to placate her?

Well, they argued about it a little while but he told her that he had been squirreling away some extra money from his lunches for a while at work so that it's not coming out of their budget. I also told her that if there was any issue at all, that we are friends and he could wait to pay or make small installments or whatever... ultimately she just calmed down.

Jebus, how much is your league??

:D It's not even all that much (under 100)... I think it was more the principle of the matter that she felt deceived somehow. Women!

I only have one friend who's wife reads his email when he's not around. That guy is widely regarded as whipped. It also results in him lying to her more often about bigger things. Total information awareness leads to underground rebel behavior. Pay attention Cheney.