[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marv Levy quote on JP LOSMAN

keggerz

"We think he made great progress. It takes a quarterback time. People draft a first-round quarterback and say, 'Gee, he wasn't good enough' and then they start to hammer him so hard and his confidence begins to wane. J.P. made great strides and I have to say this, he studies. He gives the impression of being a California beach-boy dude, but he's a very focused young man. His confidence has begun to spill over to his teammates and their confidence in themselves and in him has grown." — GM Marv Levy on QB J.P. Losman, who begins his third season as the Bills starter.

I, once again, expect mediocre things. Maybe he'll surprise me.

He was better than mediocre last year. He will only get better... The yardage might not be there due to the WRs not being the best outside of Evans, although Parrish outta be more involved this year.

I'll never forget the ESPN draft special where they interviewed him at Tulane, and he compared himself to Brett Favre.

All the talking heads scoffed and guffawed . . . what NERVE! This cocky southern kid! Comparing himself to Brett Favre. Brett Favre is a hall of famer! This kid is just some arrogant hick from a tiny school with a cannon arm!! J.P. Losman is NOTHING LIKE Brett Favre.

Uhm . . . hello?

Peace

policy

Am I the only one that thinks Adam Sandler whenever I see this guy's mug? :D

A young Adam Sandler. :D

I'll never forget the ESPN draft special where they interviewed him at Tulane, and he compared himself to Brett Favre.

All the talking heads scoffed and guffawed . . . what NERVE! This cocky southern kid! Comparing himself to Brett Favre. Brett Favre is a hall of famer! This kid is just some arrogant hick from a tiny school with a cannon arm!! J.P. Losman is NOTHING LIKE Brett Favre.

Uhm . . . hello?

Peace

policy

Well, its cocky for ANYone to say they are like Favre. JP was cocky, but who cares. If he plays well, I dont care how cocky he is. At least he isnt killing dogs...

Granted the scheme has stayed the same but the passing schedule sits in the bottom half of the SOS, a young, gelling o-line, rookie RB with a 30 year old backup in a possible committee, a WR "on the verge", and a ? at WR2 sounds intriguing for fantasy purposes.

After writing the previous sentence, I really thought he sounded like a poor man's Jake Delhomme. A little digging revealed some interesting facts.

I will be generous and say it seems like a similar situation where Delhomme in his first 16 games as a starter threw for

2003 Carolina 16 80.6 266 449 59.2 3219 (YDS) 201.2 (Y/G) 7.2 (Y/A) 19 (TD) 16 (INTS)

Let's look at JPs first 16 game season

2006 Buffalo 16 84.9 268 429 62.5 3051 (YDS) 190.7 (Y/G) 7.1 (Y/A) 19 (TD) 14 (INTS)

Pretty similar it seems. What might the future hold? For Jake, Steve Smith played 1 game the following season and caught a total of 60 yards. The result, however, was even more astounding for Jake.

2004 Carolina 16 87.3 310 533 58.2 (COMP %) 3886 (YDS) 242.9 (Y/G) 7.3 (Y/A) 29 (TDs) 15 (INTs)

Jake threw 10 more TDs the next year and remained around 60% in the accuracy dept. without his #1 receiver.

Things I like about Losman - confidence, how Levy has taken his time with the kid and not messed with his head too much, an o-line that has been invested in, a youthful run game, and a solid D. I am actually excited to see if the kid can put it together but I do have my doubts considering some of the inexperience around him.

Granted the scheme has stayed the same but the passing schedule sits in the bottom half of the SOS, a young, gelling o-line, rookie RB with a 30 year old backup in a possible committee, a WR "on the verge", and a ? at WR2 sounds intriguing for fantasy purposes.

After writing the previous sentence, I really thought he sounded like a poor man's Jake Delhomme. A little digging revealed some interesting facts.

I will be generous and say it seems like a similar situation where Delhomme in his first 16 games as a starter threw for

2003 Carolina 16 80.6 266 449 59.2 3219 (YDS) 201.2 (Y/G) 7.2 (Y/A) 19 (TD) 16 (INTS)

Let's look at JPs first 16 game season

2006 Buffalo 16 84.9 268 429 62.5 3051 (YDS) 190.7 (Y/G) 7.1 (Y/A) 19 (TD) 14 (INTS)

Pretty similar it seems. What might the future hold? For Jake, Steve Smith played 1 game the following season and caught a total of 60 yards. The result, however, was even more astounding for Jake.

2004 Carolina 16 87.3 310 533 58.2 (COMP %) 3886 (YDS) 242.9 (Y/G) 7.3 (Y/A) 29 (TDs) 15 (INTs)

Jake threw 10 more TDs the next year and remained around 60% in the accuracy dept. without his #1 receiver.

Things I like about Losman - confidence, how Levy has taken his time with the kid and not messed with his head too much, an o-line that has been invested in, a youthful run game, and a solid D. I am actually excited to see if the kid can put it together but I do have my doubts considering some of the inexperience around him.

Nice comparison... I havent watched much Delhomme, but if he follows that pattern, that would be pretty nice. WR2 is their weak spot IMO. If Price or someone else can step up a bit, we will be fine. Again, look for Parrish to have a bigger role this year.

I totally have faith in JP - last year he was very, very solid and he was on one of my winning teams last year. That said, and as mentioned already, their schedule is brutal. Regardless of schedule and fantasy implications, I like JP from a pure "football player" point of view and see him being one of the top QBs very soon and for years to come.

I'm drinking the koolaid as well. Not that he'll put up Manning or Palmer numbers ... But that he's a great value for his ADP. He could be a very worthy fantasy starter this year -- although their schedule is pretty brutal -- and you can get him in the 12th round.

Got him in the 14th and am thinking that's about right.