[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Sleeper - Nate Burleson

Kyzug

Burleson can thank Moss (even though he had nagging injuries in '04, Moss still drew all the attention on coverage) and Culpepper (MVP-worthy, record breaking season) for his hype and the hefty FA contract Seattle gave him.

I'll pickup Engram as a bye week/roster spot filler before Burleson.

I don't consider ~$3.5 mill a years all that hefty.

:D

It's almost five times what the Vikes offered him.

Anyways, that's expensive for an oft-injured #4 WR/KR/PR that's caught 30 or less passes in 3 of his 4 seasons in the league.

He made more than Driver, Santana Moss, Lee Evans, and Hackett last year... and that's before factoring in his signing bonus... :D

Edited by kingfish247

It's almost five times what the Vikes offered him.

Anyways, that's expensive for an oft-injured #4 WR/KR/PR that's caught 30 or less passes in 3 of his 4 seasons in the league.

He made more than Driver, Santana Moss, Lee Evans, and Hackett last year... and that's before factoring in his signing bonus... :D

I'm not going to argue that the Hawks didn't overpay for NB (even though they did it before trading for Branch). And there are plenty of WR's on that database that are making too much money (Brandon Lloyd, Antonio Bryant, David Givens...etc.).

Seahawks | Hackett could split time with Burleson

Wed, 5 Sep 2007 19:19:10 -0700

Seattle Seahawks WR D.J. Hackett and WR Nate Burleson could split time at split end this season. Head coach Mike Holmgren said Wednesday, Sept. 5, they may alternate weeks as the starter.

Pre season talk is just that. Lets see what happens when DJ Hackett capitalizes on his opportunities and Nate Burleson plays like... Well... Nate Burleson...

Pre season talk is just that. Lets see what happens when DJ Hackett capitalizes on his opportunities and Nate Burleson plays like... Well... Nate Burleson...

Yeah, I don't see how that situation will be good for Hasselbeck or the Hawks O in general.

Maybe Burleson comes through but I doubt they alternate weeks.

Holmgren was JUST on local sportsradio talking about the state of the team heading into the season. He says that while the #1 and #3 WR positions are all locked up, the starter at the #2 WR position will be determined in practice this week, and he even mentioned that it could flip-flop every week as far as which one starts, Hackett or Burleson. Burleson may play, but every time they look for a big play, it's gonna be to Hackett. He is the only deep threat they have. I'm sure this news drops Hackett's value ever-so-slightly, but it is my contention that most of the plays he will be sitting are plays that would not be designed for him to make a big play anyhow. Holmgren, hopefully jokingly, stated that Pork Chop Womack will act as the team's #3 QB until they sign someone. Let's run the veer boys!!!

he even mentioned that it could flip-flop every week as far as which one starts, Hackett or Burleson. Burleson may play, but every time they look for a big play, it's gonna be to Hackett. He is the only deep threat they have.

This may be but I would think Holmgren is smart enough to realize that if he did this then this makes things easier for opposing Ds...

-if Burleson is on the field, don't worry so much about a big play. Move a few more guys up to stop SA and don't allow anything underneath.

-if Hackett is on the field, soften up the coverage on Hackett's side to take away the big play.

This kind of answers the question as to who should be on the field more... the guy who will give you a big play or the guy who won't? Logic says the big play guy should be on the field at all times.

I took a shot with Hackett in two leagues, but really know nothing about him other than the generous Huddle rankings. Does he have the talent and speed to be a consistent deep threat? I know Burleson doesn't - much more of a slant/mid-range catch and run guy. This kind of talk concerns me as far as Hackett being a dependable play as a #2 or even a flex spot.

In the words of George W Bush:

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice - you can't get fooled again."

Edited by Pirate lookin' at 40