[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Sleeper - Nate Burleson

Kyzug

Just a heads up.

I'm a Seattle homer, and watch every Seahawks game and interview and read every article. I've got this one nailed.

D.J. Hackett was given the #2 job this offseason, and it was his to lose. Well, he's lost it. Burleson has outplayed him in every pre-season game, and has looked even better in practices. Look for Holmgren to announce it in next few days. He'll be a solid #3 WR, with the potential to be much more in this offense.

Just a heads up.

I'm a Seattle homer, and watch every Seahawks game and interview and read every article. I've got this one nailed.

D.J. Hackett was given the #2 job this offseason, and it was his to lose. Well, he's lost it. Burleson has outplayed him in every pre-season game, and has looked even better in practices. Look for Holmgren to announce it in next few days. He'll be a solid #3 WR, with the potential to be much more in this offense.

I believed that last year. Once is enough.

What games are you watching? I've watched all four games, been to two of them, and while Burl has looked better this preseason then he did last year, DJ has that starting job locked up. Any lack of catches isn't due to DJ, but rather due to lack of protection for the QB or missing running game. Anything tossed to DJ he's sucked up like a fat kid to a doughnut.

Source: Clare Farnsworth, Seattle Press-Intelligencer

The Seattle Seahawks will be using Deion Branch as their starting flanker and veteran Bobby Engram as the dependable slot receiver. It was thought that D.J. Hackett would start at split end and he still may but Nate Burleson has pushed him with a good preseason and perhaps a job-sharing situation has developed in Seattle.

Note the word perhaps

I would highly doubt Burleson can supplant DJ Hackett. I can see Burleson more of a backup to Branch. They will need DJ Hackett on the field.

Hasn't Wallace outperformed Hasselback this preseason? Uh oh, sounds like a QB change coming....................................

I am not doubting you Kyzug, I just have a hard time believing Burleson can beat anyone out. Given his recent track record. :D

DJ Hackett will be their top fantasy producer from the WR position this year. Less catches than Branch, more TD's. His lethargic style doesn't make him stand out in the preseason, but DJ Hackett makes big plays, espcecially down the field, which is something this offense desperately needs but doesn't get from Burleson. I actually think Burleson looks pretty good this preseason, but Hackett could be special. The biggest thing is that while the coaches may doubt Hackett, Hasselbeck certainly does not. He is the only guy on this team that can make a play down the field somewhat regularly when in single coverage. DJ Hackett's skill set is vitally important to the success of this offense this season, which is not something one can say about that of Nate Burleson's, unless you are talking special teams.

what about the brunell to sea rumors so that Wallace can play WR :D

That would be fine w/ me. :D

Burleson actually played very well in the pre-season...including last nights game...He actually started opposite of Branch 2 of the 4 games. I still don't read much into this. I think Hackett will be the man next to Branch until I see something in the pre-season that changes my mind.

Just a heads up.

I'm also a Seattle Homer. The knock on Hackett has always been that he is not a very good practice player. When the real games start look for Hackett to step it up. If either Hackett or Branch go down with injury Engram will remain and the slot and the injured player will be replaced by Ben Obomanu not Burleson. Obomanu is the true sleeper on this team. Burleson's primary role will be kick returner