[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quite possibly the steal of my draft

peteteacher2001

AND I live in Illinois with a bunch of Bears fans in my league. My league has been going on for 10 years now and I was SHOCKED :D that he was available that late. For a bunch of guys who I thought, "there is no way Benson will be there" I gladly peeled his sticker off in that round. Talk about value. Am I missing something here, is he hurt? Anyways, good luck to everyone this week.

Pete

AND I live in Illinois with a bunch of Bears fans in my league. My league has been going on for 10 years now and I was SHOCKED :D that he was available that late. For a bunch of guys who I thought, "there is no way Benson will be there" I gladly peeled his sticker off in that round. Talk about value. Am I missing something here, is he hurt? Anyways, good luck to everyone this week.

Pete

That isnt a steal... Youre just playing with little kids who dont know better. I mean cmon... 8th round? It would be a steal in the 3rd, but the 8th? Thats just people that dont have a clue...

ETA - Not knockin your friends, or you... just saying thats pretty sad.

Edited by peepinmofo

That isnt a steal... Youre just playing with little kids who dont know better. I mean cmon... 8th round? It would be a steal in the 3rd, but the 8th? Thats just people that dont have a clue...

ETA - Not knockin your friends, or you... just saying thats pretty sad.

That's what is just befuttling me peep. I have been drafting with the same men for 10 years and nothing has ever really just made me shake my head more than this. I considered many of them to have above average fantasy knowledge. Every other pick in the draft went as expected, for real, except this one. I am wondering how many of them just didn't pay attention to him NOT getting picked.

That's what is just befuttling me peep. I have been drafting with the same men for 10 years and nothing has ever really just made me shake my head more than this. I considered many of them to have above average fantasy knowledge. Every other pick in the draft went as expected, for real, except this one. I am wondering how many of them just didn't pay attention to him NOT getting picked.

Well, what happened when you finally did pick him? What was the reaction? Did they seem surprised he was still there or treat it as they would any other pick?

Well, what happened when you finally did pick him? What was the reaction? Did they seem surprised he was still there or treat it as they would any other pick?

No real reaction at all. Kind of ho-hum, there went Benson attitude. I have a gut feeling that many of the Bears fans in my league allowed their attitude towards Benson spill over into fantasy. Many were T.Jones fans and don't really like Benson's work ethic or attitude.

A bunch of web sites have singled out Benson as a flop, but even so, 8th round is pretty low. I think he went in the 6th round in one of mine (10 teams). Let's put it this way: It certainly would not shock me if Benson put up 6th-to-8th round numbers.

Also, I agree with Mr. Ted about Jordon.

Filling out the rest of my starting roster until I just couldn't pass up on him.

But he was your EIGHTth player chosen....let's see:

If you were "filling out your starting line-up"...2 RBs, 1 QB, 2 WRs, 1 TE....that's six players.....did you take your Defense or a 3rd WR before Benson??? Or is your league six teams?

Something is amiss here.

Pete

Pete

Tell the truth now. How did you slip those drugs to them?

In their beers? In the sandwiches? :D Inquiring minds need to know for future drafts.

:D

wondering what made you pass on him in the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th rounds???

That was my first thought as well. If I already had 3 or 4 RBs in the 4th, I could understand passing on Benson in the 4th I guess, but if he's there in the 5th I grab him and trade away one of my other RBs.

Pete

Your answer is right there in your post. This is the kind of no-confidence vote I've been seeing from other Bears fans.

But he was your EIGHTth player chosen....let's see:

If you were "filling out your starting line-up"...2 RBs, 1 QB, 2 WRs, 1 TE....that's six players.....did you take your Defense or a 3rd WR before Benson??? Or is your league six teams?

Something is amiss here.

Agreed. Obviosly if he made it to the 8th, you passed on him rds. 2-7. You should be as embaressed of yourself as much as the rest of your league.

5 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

5 Members: The Wolf, Trots, CopeDog, peteteacher2001, seabronc

Pete, you've been in this thread for quite a while now...

Sorry bud, I minimize the page and work for a while. And I am guessing you guys are probably right. Just fell into my lap in the 8th and have no idea what I am doing.

And, thanks for checking to see how much I am online. Someone has to keep me on task. :D

Actually, teach deserves our benefit of the doubt. We don't know anything about the league, lineup, # teams, etc. For example, I'm in a Chicago PPR IDP league where you can start 1 RB and 3 WRs, with rush yds scoring less than rec yds and 6 starting IDP positions. Only a few of us drafted 2 RBs in the early rounds; most went for 1 RB, then WRs and QBs, then IDPs in the middle rounds. By the time you got to rounds 7+, there was surprising value left in what most leagues would consider #2 RBs. For example, Caddy went in the 7th, Jerious Norwood went in the 15th, and I got Lamont Jordan in the 12th. (Benson went 3.12.)

Edited by kicker77

Sorry bud, I minimize the page and work for a while. And I am guessing you guys are probably right. Just fell into my lap in the 8th and have no idea what I am doing.

And, thanks for checking to see how much I am online. Someone has to keep me on task. :D

No worries! :D

So after reading the replies I have realized that I have stuck my foot in my mouth with this and feel like quite the hack :D With that being said I would like to point out that I am not a booger eater and this was a dumb thread to start anyways. Can't get nothing past you guys, maybe that's why I have been a member for a while now. :D Please allow a mulligan.

A humble huddler,

Pete