[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sports Illustrated's 15 Breakout Stars for 2007

Menudo

Wrong Chargers LB.

Other than that, it was mostly recycled predictions.

Disagree. Wilhelm is pretty much known as "the guy" in the middle. Coop was a rookie FA when he made the squad (the same year Gates made the squad as a free agent, they were roomies at training camp) and is NASTY. Blew two helmets off of guys with his hits this pre-season. I see both "new" LBs as upgrades to an already good D.

Might be nit picking but I'd say Wimbley has already 'broken out'.

11 sacks is not too shabby as a DE, let alone a rookie... only 2 less than Peppers and 2.5 less than J.Taylor last year.

Vince Wilfork? Hasn't he already played at a high level for a few years now?

It's Sports Illustrated. They occassionally take time to pay attention to the sports they write about, but not too often...

Disagree. Wilhelm is pretty much known as "the guy" in the middle. Coop was a rookie FA when he made the squad (the same year Gates made the squad as a free agent, they were roomies at training camp) and is NASTY. Blew two helmets off of guys with his hits this pre-season. I see both "new" LBs as upgrades to an already good D.

Not saying Cooper isn't good -- he is. I just think Wilhelm is in a better position to rack up tackles and stats.

Not saying Cooper isn't good -- he is. I just think Wilhelm is in a better position to rack up tackles and stats.

Maybe as a homer, I already expect that, but from a national perspective, I think you are probably right! There will be lots of "Hey, who's that guy?" directed at both of them in the middle.

Wilhelm has Donnie Edwards skills & speed, but is bigger, younger and faster. If he has learned to play the position as well as Edwards...

Coop will impress with his heavy hitting! I think there will be a few highlight reel shots of the wood he brings! :D:D

What is even more amazing is the stable of outstanding LBs they have on the bench behind these guys! :bang: