[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mangini Blackballed?

gilwiggum

This article has an interesting take on the whole Pats cheating thing. This is a quote from the article which I have pasted below:

"Mangini didn’t just flip on Belichick, costing his former mentor a celebrated image that has been reflected in a shelf-full of Lombardi Trophies, as well as a $500,000 fine and a prime draft pick. He did more. He also humiliated the respected Patriots owner and league power player Robert K. Kraft. That sin has left Mangini toxic to some team executives. "

http://select.nytimes.com/2007/09/18/sport...amp;oref=slogin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mangini didn’t just flip on Belichick, costing his former mentor a celebrated image that has been reflected in a shelf-full of Lombardi Trophies, as well as a $500,000 fine and a prime draft pick. He did more. He also humiliated the respected Patriots owner and league power player Robert K. Kraft.

:D

Some people in this world still value integrity. Mangini will do just fine.

This article has an interesting take on the whole Pats cheating thing. This is a quote from the article which I have pasted below:

"Mangini didn’t just flip on Belichick, costing his former mentor a celebrated image that has been reflected in a shelf-full of Lombardi Trophies, as well as a $500,000 fine and a prime draft pick. He did more. He also humiliated the respected Patriots owner and league power player Robert K. Kraft. That sin has left Mangini toxic to some team executives. "

http://select.nytimes.com/2007/09/18/sport...amp;oref=slogin

Just think where belicheat would have been, had he not cheated some years ago. Following Parcells to dallas. hmmm, maybe he could have cheated here and helped us win SB's. :D

What integrity does Mangini have? Are we really to believe that the Patriots started cheating only after Mangini left last year?

Why didn't he speak up when he was benefiting from his unfair advantage? Oh yeah... Integrity... :D

What integrity does Mangini have? Are we really to believe that the Patriots started cheating only after Mangini left last year?

Why didn't he speak up when he was benefiting from his unfair advantage? Oh yeah... Integrity... :D

I agree with. If he really had integrity he would have spoken up while he was with the team. Although i'm sure people will disagree with this, and what Belichek did was not right, I don't see how anyone could trust Mangini if they were to hire him.

Not sure why more people haven't mentioned this . . . can't have it both ways, guys. Either (1) Beli (and his staff) just started cheating after Mangini left and the SB victories are therefore pristine or (2) he's been cheating all along and Mangini (along with Crenell, etc.) are guilty by association. Or are people going to argue that the coords simply didn't know what was going on? Laughable. And another preemptive argument - this isn't the army, so the "just following orders" line doesn't work here. if Mangini knew his team was cheating while he was there, he's guilty as well.

In the NFL you really believe that??? :D The only ones who would have any integrity are the players and I would bet that is few and far between. It is all about winning!

In the NFL you really believe that??? :D The only ones who would have any integrity are the players and I would bet that is few and far between. It is all about winning!

So you share the opinion that when Mangini is finished with his current stint in NY that team owners will not hire him in any capacity because of this incident?

From that article:

Before the cheating scandal, Belichick had a reputation for being heartless but a really good coach. Now, he seems little more than a creepy con artist, and it's the refusal to act like a man and take full responsibility that's really offensive.

His reaction to it is a major PR problem on top of the cheating. He's only digging a deeper hole instead of manning up and getting past it.

Just think where belicheat would have been, had he not cheated some years ago. Following Parcells to dallas. hmmm, maybe he could have cheated here and helped us win SB's. :D

Only if you drafted Brady as well...... :D

From that article:

His reaction to it is a major PR problem on top of the cheating. He's only digging a deeper hole instead of manning up and getting past it.

The Pats don't seem to mind, didn't they just resign him after the cheating story broke?

Patriots are just cheaters, plain and simple. Have been since Bellicheat been there.

Remember the Ram's Superbowl, where the Pats were tackling WRs, and Faulk... had to have a rule emphasis. In fact if you catch the smaller articles in many newspapers, you would have noted that most teams that have played them complained about their cheating... of course before they were caught red-handed, these complaints were just seen as sour grapes from poor losers. Now everyone is seeing the truth in these past statements of cheating.

Patriots are cheaters!

Von

Belichick did what he thought he had to do to give his team an advantage and help them win (i.e. video taping the signals) and Mangini did what he had to do to even the playing field and help his team win (i.e. report the patriots taping).

I'm no GM by any means, but I would much rather have the guy doing the narcing than the other.

Patriots are just cheaters, plain and simple. Have been since Bellicheat been there.

Remember the Ram's Superbowl, where the Pats were tackling WRs, and Faulk... had to have a rule emphasis. In fact if you catch the smaller articles in many newspapers, you would have noted that most teams that have played them complained about their cheating... of course before they were caught red-handed, these complaints were just seen as sour grapes from poor losers. Now everyone is seeing the truth in these past statements of cheating.

Patriots are cheaters!

Von

If this a fact, then surly you can find some links to support these articles...

I'm no GM by any means, but I would much rather have the guy doing the narcing than the other.

Remember though the narc used to be the cheater before he switched teams. He's a punk.

The only thing that matters to owners is how much money they can make. If an owner believes that Mangini would enhance his team's chances of winning and therefore of making more money then Mangini will have a job.

It is all about the bottom line ... ethics and morals be damned

I think you are right. This is why T.O. still has a team to play for, right? I just wonder if, as the article insinuates, Mangini would be blackballed for revealing the cheating which has been a black eye for the NFL, similar to how corporate whistleblowers have trouble getting back into the workforce.

The Pats don't seem to mind, didn't they just resign him after the cheating story broke?

It was revealed by the media shortly after the story broke. The team as a policy does not discuss Belichick's contract so I am not sure when it was actually reworked.

If this a fact, then surly you can find some links to support these articles...

Remember though the narc used to be the cheater before he switched teams. He's a punk.

No links possible as I don't read on-line. I was talking about newspapers... USA Today, New York Times, Washington Post, etc. I did a lot of reading at an out-of-the-way gas station that sold them.

Von

So you share the opinion that when Mangini is finished with his current stint in NY that team owners will not hire him in any capacity because of this incident?

i think it will impact whether he is hired. my guess is that his performance will be the deciding factor though.

I think you are right. This is why T.O. still has a team to play for, right? I just wonder if, as the article insinuates, Mangini would be blackballed for revealing the cheating which has been a black eye for the NFL, similar to how corporate whistleblowers have trouble getting back into the workforce.

Owners don't care about black eyes ... they've been getting them for years every time a thug player gets caught beating his wife/girl friend, doing/selling drugs, knifing/shooting other people ,,, and if you are good enough you are allowed to continue to play despite the fact that you just punched the NFL in the eye. One of the reasons for this attitude is because no matter what NFL players, coaches and owners do the fans continue to pay the ticket prices and go to the games.

Ethics and morals are only for the bit players ... not for the owners and star players.