[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Harrison's a cheat also

jjpro11

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/footbal...ticleid=1032573

Report: Harrison bought HGH in ’04

By John Tomase / Patriots Notebook | Wednesday, September 19, 2007 | http://www.bostonherald.com | N.E. Patriots

Photo

Photo by David Goldman (File)

Days before the Patriots [team stats] beat the Tennessee Titans [team stats] at a freezing Gillette Stadium in the 2004 playoffs, safety Rodney Harrison [stats] placed his first order for HGH, according to a story in Sunday’s Albany Times Union.

The story, which cites unnamed law enforcement sources, said Harrison received a package of preloaded syringes at his home about two weeks before the Patriots beat the Panthers in Super Bowl XXXVIII.

Harrison would go on to make several discreet calls placing more orders over the next three years, the paper reported.

Harrison admitted to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in late August that he received illegal drugs and was suspended for the first four games of the season. He denied ever taking steroids, but in a statement on Aug. 31 said he took the drugs to help recover from the injuries he sustained over a 13-year NFL career.

“My purpose was never to gain a competitive edge,” he said.

Harrison started all 16 games in 2003 for the first time since 2000. He also started all three playoff games. He returned in 2004 to once again start 16 games and sealed the Super Bowl victory over the Eagles with an interception.

Harrison had the misfortune of placing his first order for HGH while the New York Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement was opening its investigation of an Internet steroids ring that would eventually stretch from Albany to Florida.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/footbal...ticleid=1032573

He denied ever taking steroids, but in a statement on Aug. 31 said he took the drugs to help recover from the injuries he sustained over a 13-year NFL career.

“My purpose was never to gain a competitive edge,” he said.

Recovering from injuries faster than other players is a competitive edge.

The story, which cites unnamed law enforcement sources, said Harrison received a package of preloaded syringes at his home about two weeks before the Patriots beat the Panthers in Super Bowl XXXVIII.

Arggghhhh. The hits keep on coming. While the appropriate bashing continues, I'd like to throw out the following point. This was the same Panthers team that had the team doctor supplying everyone with steroids, including the punter.

To paraphrase Steve McCroskey in Airplane "Looks like I picked the wrong week to join Huddle Message Boards".

Not like Rodney Harrison. Guy is a grade "A" turd. He's a cheap shot artist, and a confessed (because he was caught) cheater. Name another.

At least Harrison didn't put everyone on the roads life in danger, like say, a former colt runningback...

And in every forum..... :D

Who are you talking about? :D

I don't think of Merriman as a cheap shot artist? Do you? I mean, the only thing I can think of was the hit on Priest Holmes, but it was legal. Has he ever been fined? Harrison has been fined repeatedly.

Many if not most of Harrison's fines in the past haven't been for "cheap shots" as you say, they've been for spearing, which is actually a very dumb thing for him to do because it puts him at risk for paralysis from neck injury. That's why the spearing rule exists...to protect the would-be spearer, not-so-much the person being speared.

Edited by Crazysight

That is a ridiculous comparison. And he was an unrestricted free agent at the time.

Is it really a bad comparison? I'd rather have athletes juicing up then getting hammered and driving or pulling a Pac Man...

And as far as being a free agent at the time, this much is true, but if he was suspended for a DUI or DWI then it wasn't his first offense, right?

Many if not most of Harrison's fines in the past haven't been for "cheap shots" as you say, they've been for spearing, which is actually a very dumb thing for him to do because it puts him at risk for paralysis from neck injury. That's why the spearing rule exists...to protect the would-be spearer, not-so-much the person being speared.

This might be the most disingenuous statement about Rodney Harrison's dirty play that I've ever seen.

I can't get too worked up about individual players cheating by taking steroids or HGH. I have to trust the system to catch them and punish them accordingly. If six or seven guys on the same team suddenly tested positive or were otherwise caught with illegal performance enhancing drugs, I'd say it was systemic. But I'd bet every team has a few players that are on them. I can't blame the Patriots for this one.

:D

Arggghhhh. The hits keep on coming. While the appropriate bashing continues, I'd like to throw out the following point. This was the same Panthers team that had the team doctor supplying everyone with steroids, including the punter.

To paraphrase Steve McCroskey in Airplane "Looks like I picked the wrong week to join Huddle Message Boards".

Surely you can't be serious doctor...I am serious, and please stop calling me Shirley :D