[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ever be down, and then win on a negative play?

Rovers

In recent years, I have felt snake-bitten. Injuries, just bad freakin luck, whatever. Only fair now that I post this change in fortunes....

IDP dynasty league, I have no players going Monday night, my opponent has about 7 or 8, including Brees and Bush, but he went in down about 60 points, give or take. Throughout the game, he is whittling down my lead. A tackle here, a completion there, a TD by Bush.... now there is about a minute left in garbage time. MFL syas I'm up by 0.5, but Brees' last pass doesn't show up yet in the yardage category. I knew that the ONLY way I could win, being down, was a Brees INT on the NEXT play for a minus 1.0. Or an incomplete and then an INT..... I'm :D and :wacko: the dog.

Brees puts one up.... INT. I win by 0.1.

I'm just not this lucky. I think I'll sleep in the basement tonight, because a plane or sumpthin is gonna crash into the house tonight. :D Either that, or there will be a "minor" scoring adjustment at MFL tomorrow....

I lost on a McNabb kneel down at the very end of a game a couple years ago. Otherwise it would have been a tie and tie-breaker would have given me the win.

I'm thinking, "Whew, managed to squeak out a win." With seconds left on the clock, McNabb comes trotting out on the field and cold realization starts to set in. I'm thinking "Noooooooooo! No way!" and then he takes the knee to run out the clock for -1 yards rushing. :D

There have been other times where I have lost in the last couple minutes of a game, but that one always comes to mind for me.

Oh well, chit happens.

The worst loss I've ever seen happened to a guy in my local league in mid-November of 2003. One of his players that year was Andre Johnson. At the end of the Houston-Buffalo game in week 11, the Texans had the lead and were trying to run out the clock.....so they handed off to Johnson, and had him run backward for 34 yards. He took a safety, but the clock ran down the whole way, and Houston won the game.

We use decimal scoring. My friend lost by 0.4 points. Would have won if not for that -34 yard run.

The worst loss I've ever seen happened to a guy in my local league in mid-November of 2003. One of his players that year was Andre Johnson. At the end of the Houston-Buffalo game in week 11, the Texans had the lead and were trying to run out the clock.....so they handed off to Johnson, and had him run backward for 34 yards. He took a safety, but the clock ran down the whole way, and Houston won the game.

We use decimal scoring. My friend lost by 0.4 points. Would have won if not for that -34 yard run.

ouch

I was down once by like 2 points or so. It was the end of the game, and the other guy had a monster game from whoever it was. Anyway, they are just running out the clock, and the guy ended up getting stuffed for like a loss of about 10 or so yards. It dropped him just enough to give me the win by 1 point.

It sucks to lose like that, but when you WIN like that, it makes you happy.

I won my game by 20+ but...my QB(brees) was throwing INTS(-1 each),,,but my LB(bulluck) was catching 3 INTS(2pts + 1.5 for pass defended each)...

I ended up with the high score for the week....prior to the last INT I would have still had the high score but only by .45

Edited by keggerz

Not quite winning by "negative" plays, but close enough....

Last year I was playing in the championship in my league - Week 16 of the season. I was down by 2.4 points late in the afternoon. End of the game, STL is going for a first down so they could run out the clock...hand it to SJax who runs for 1 yard - putting him at 150 for the day, giving me the 3-point bonus we give for 150 yds rushing....I'm up by 0.6 points....Rams run out the clock...game over...I'm still up by 0.6. Change the channel...

My opponent (who I'm watching the games with) has one player left - S Graham, K for the Bengals. I'm out of players. Bengals have the ball late in the 4th quarter, driving for a FG to win the game. They score a TD, extra point to follow. I'm thinking it's over, my buddy is going nuts knowing that the 1 pt. he's about to get for the extra point will win him the championship. Here comes the snap, and......FUMBLE! They fumbled the snap! No extra point, game over, I win the championship by 0.6 points.

Unbelievable.

I was down once by like 2 points or so. It was the end of the game, and the other guy had a monster game from whoever it was. Anyway, they are just running out the clock, and the guy ended up getting stuffed for like a loss of about 10 or so yards. It dropped him just enough to give me the win by 1 point.

It sucks to lose like that, but when you WIN like that, it makes you happy.

I think this was Marshall Faulk, who Genius Mike Martz had run around to kill the clock. He lost ten yards, dropping one point off my total, which ended the game tied, and I lost on the tiebreaker! Arggg!

Once, the SB in one of my leagues (HOFFA for the old-timers) was decided by the scores put up by the backup kickers...and, since one team only carried one kicker into the game, he lost as the other guy's kicker had a couple of PATs.

Are you kidding. This last week I'm starting Grossman, Benson and Owens and all my opponent has is the Dallas D. At some point in the 3rd quarter I'm actually up by 3 points and Owens is rolling. Then Grossman decides to get into the act. Picks start flying all over the place and......oh here's a TD for the defense. SOB, Grossman is the worst ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding. This last week I'm starting Grossman, Benson and Owens and all my opponent has is the Dallas D. At some point in the 3rd quarter I'm actually up by 3 points and Owens is rolling. Then Grossman decides to get into the act. Picks start flying all over the place and......oh here's a TD for the defense. SOB, Grossman is the worst ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, you started Grossman? Who's your other QB?

I won this week when Marion Barber got tackled at the half yard line by #33 of the Bears (long TD scores are weighted in our local).. I wouldn't have been to concerned if he did score because I had Deuce going Monday night and I would ONLY be down .25... We all know how THAT turned out!!!

Gerrard. After the Giants threw like mad against the Dallas secondary, I thought Grossman would at least have some success, and the one thing Denver's D does well is stop the pass. Sigh........so much for that line of thinking.

lol...same for me, I am up like 10 with Chicago D and Crayton (who dropped a WIDE F IN OPEN TD) going into the 4th quarter, no sweat...then that turd Grossmann does the rest, i go to bed down one, but by some stroke of a miracle the score recalc'd overnight, as i tossed and turned....i won by a point, still that guy blows, glad to see Griese take the helm, Grossmann needs to get a manicure, wax and join jesse palmer in the booth...