[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kornheiser is an idiot

The Vatican Hitsquad

even if i agreed with that, i don't really see how his knowledge of ancient history or whatever affects whether or not he's right about the saints sucking ass thus far in 2007. :D

A three year old can see the Saints are piss poor. What's really required from Kornhole and his ilk is something a little more insightful and a little less insulting - "nobody knows more than three players on the Texans / Titans", my arse.

even if i agreed with that, i don't really see how his knowledge of ancient history or whatever affects whether or not he's right about the saints sucking ass thus far in 2007. :D

Because I'm saying that he has no knowledge of the sport, current nor ancient, so when you take that into account his comments don't come from somebody knowledgable about the game in the slightest bit and thus they carry no weigth whatsoever. He was tryign to comment on the team as a whole, "whole" as in their existance not just last nights performance or even this seasons performance. And in those comments he made it clear her really knows nothing about the team outside of might be known to the mass market audience, not a person who actually watches the sport.

ESPN should be embarassed to have a person in the booth who doesn't even know the rules of the sport and repeatedly displays a lack of knowledge about the game.

Because I'm saying that he has no knowledge of the sport, current nor ancient, so when you take that into account his comments don't come from somebody knowledgable about the game in the slightest bit and thus they carry no weigth whatsoever. He was tryign to comment on the team as a whole, "whole" as in their existance not just last nights performance or even this seasons performance. And in those comments he made it clear her really knows nothing about the team outside of might be known to the mass market audience, not a person who actually watches the sport.

ESPN should be embarassed to have a person in the booth who doesn't even know the rules of the sport and repeatedly displays a lack of knowledge about the game.

so....you're blasting the guy for a particular thing he said, even though that particular thing was perfectly accurate and on point. and the justification is that you don't like other things he says.

yeah, that makes perfect sense. :D:D

and ursa....i'm pretty sure the guy can name more than three houston texans. his point was that most people watching MNF probably couldn't, and he's probably right about that, too.

so....you're blasting the guy for a particular thing he said, even though that particular thing was perfectly accurate and on point. and the justification is that you don't like other things he says.

yeah, that makes perfect sense. :D:D

and ursa....i'm pretty sure the guy can name more than three houston texans. his point was that most people watching MNF probably couldn't, and he's probably right about that, too.

What he said last night WASN'T accurate though.

The Saints HAVEN'T been horrible their entire existance, despite what he said last night.

Most football fans CAN name at least 3 palyers on the Texans and the Titans, despite what he said.

And based off what he has said in the past which was way off base, innacurate and/or just plain ole ignorant of the sport, his breakdown of the team last night carries about as much weight as my Britney Spears saying parenthood is tough.

You guys are the absolute baffoons. Kornheiser, as he is most of the time, is right on the pulse. You guys are talking about a hall of fame style sportswriter, someone who notices, understands and eloquently puts into words whatever needs to be said about an issue. This is a guy that most people who teach sports journalism consider to be one of the more influential reporters of our time. I no longer wonder why so many of you argue with the people that make sense around here. Absolutely ridiculous. And Dennis Miller is better??? Seriously?? I'm a huge Dennis Miller fan, but that guy is probably the worst commentator in the history of sports. Kornheiser calls it like it is. I bet you guys are just too smart to figure that out. Kornheiser isn't an X's and O's guy. His niche is explaining how sports fit into a society, and he tries to show the average fan why he thinks sports are so great and he attempts to coach us on how to watch sports, and what the correct line of thinking is in the situations that arise. Flat out, the guy is a genius, is very welcome in the booth to the people with half a brain, and to those that dont get it, please continue to watch the broadcast with your sound off. THank you.

You guys are the absolute baffoons. Kornheiser, as he is most of the time, is right on the pulse. You guys are talking about a hall of fame style sportswriter, someone who notices, understands and eloquently puts into words whatever needs to be said about an issue. This is a guy that most people who teach sports journalism consider to be one of the more influential reporters of our time. I no longer wonder why so many of you argue with the people that make sense around here. Absolutely ridiculous. And Dennis Miller is better??? Seriously?? I'm a huge Dennis Miller fan, but that guy is probably the worst commentator in the history of sports. Kornheiser calls it like it is. I bet you guys are just too smart to figure that out. Kornheiser isn't an X's and O's guy. His niche is explaining how sports fit into a society, and he tries to show the average fan why he thinks sports are so great and he attempts to coach us on how to watch sports, and what the correct line of thinking is in the situations that arise. Flat out, the guy is a genius, is very welcome in the booth to the people with half a brain, and to those that dont get it, please continue to watch the broadcast with your sound off. THank you.

:D

Wow. Wrong.

Are you dating him? Maybe you're his cousin or something.

Getting all huffy over Kornheiser....hahahaha

Great stuff.

:D:D

The Saints HAVEN'T been horrible their entire existance, despite what he said last night.

Cornheiser was mostly comparing the 2007 Saints to the A'ints and the franchise tendency towards poor play and poor seasons. After reading this history, I wonder if it is Tony or you who has a better feel for Saints' history.

The Saints were founded in 1967, as a expansion team. They went more than a decade before they managed to finish a season with a .500 record and two decades before having a winning season.

The Saints are one of six teams never to have played in a Super Bowl.

In 1980, the Saints lost their first 14 games, prompting local media personality Bernard "Buddy D" Diliberto to advise Saints supporters to wear paper bags over their heads at the team's home games; many bags rendered the club's name as the "'Aints" rather than the "Saints."

Most football fans CAN name at least 3 palyers on the Texans and the Titans, despite what he said.

Really? How do you know this? I bet Tony was on target. In my experience, the average fan doesn't know much beyond their own team and what they see on ESPN highlights. The average fan is not a FF junkie like most of our Huddle friends.

Take the anti-Tony colored glasses off and think about what you're typing.

A three year old can see the Saints are piss poor. What's really required from Kornhole and his ilk is something a little more insightful and a little less insulting - "nobody knows more than three players on the Texans / Titans", my arse.

If he was a real fantasy player as he says he is he would know Schaub, Green, Owen Daniels, Andre Johnson, Gado, Dayne at the very least. If IDP he would know many more.

Dumb statements get viewers to think and talk about shows. I still think it's intentional.

i don't believe he said "the saints have been horrible their entire existence", he talked about their historical futility as the "aints", how last year was supposed to be their coming out party as an NFL franchise to be reckoned with, but how so far this year they just look like the "aints" again. all of that is completely accurate. the only thing you could possibly fault him for was failing to note that for about 3 or 4 years out of their 40 year history, during the mora era, they were actually OK and made the playoffs a few times, even though they lost in the first round each time. but he was speaking in general terms, and in general terms, the saints since their inception up until 2006 had usually been a crappy team with a losing reputation, and in 2007 the saints again appear to be a crappy team. that's what he said, and he was right.

or at least don't show how ignorant you are to the sport by stating "nobody can name 3 players on Houston or Tennessee".

"Nobody" is an overstatement - but I doubt many average fans of the other 30 teams can name 3 players on either team. Most people would get Vince Young and maybe Mario Williams.

Unless you play fantasy football...My bet is you can probably name 5 on each team....just if you are loyal to your home team....I mean really....I can think of about ten on the vikings and I pay attention....right off hand anyway. Imagine if you only watched on Sunday after you get your Honeydoo list done.

i saw this thread and couldnt pass up the opportunity to kick Cornholeheiser in the nutz...

for me, he ruins the last few hours of football i have each week...the guy is a total bag of a$$ gas!!

his voice is more annoying than a dog barking at 4am!....he needs a SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS !!!in shave and a haircut.

BOTH with a mulching mower, just for starters!....his asinine analysis and commentary are about

as insightful as a crackhead spewing thoughts on child rearing .....OH! and those deep, thought provoking questions to the Guests in the booth!....i learn SO MUCH from this guy! like, how to hate. and, where my wife keeps the Tums! and, how to hit the Mute button without even looking....

a couple weeks back i was PRAYING for Charles Barkley to just raise his right arm to scratch his ear,

just so he would elbow the clown in the nose!

the entire presentation of MNF is an insult to the NFL and to the true football fans intelligence.

its a shame becuz it could be so much better and still bring in whatever market they'r trying to reel

in with this crap....i like Mike and Jaws (Anchor and Experience) but kick Bozo between the legs

and out of the booth.....

other than all of that, i think he's FABULOUS!

Schlereth, Golic, or Hoge?? To replace Kornheiser?? Thank goodness the higher-ups are not that retarded. Tony Kornheiser applies common sense and logic to his thoughts on the air, which I'm guesing is the reason so many of you don't understand him.