[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kornheiser is an idiot

The Vatican Hitsquad

I made the mistake of watching MNF with the volume up last night, and Kornhieser quickly reminded me why I keep it down.

I'm no Saints fan, but this guy was talking like an ignorant jackass last night. The Saints weren't doing great, but they were still in that game all the way into the 4th. But as early as the 2nd QTR, this guy is talking bluntly about not only how bad they are NOW, but their whole history. He was calling them "the Aints" and even called last year a fluke based off their whole history (either choosing to ignore, or being totally ignorant of the Bobby Hebert-Sam Mills era). This went on and on and on...

On top of that, he later goes on to say that 2 of the 4 teams in the Division are teams that nobody could even name 3 players on. He was quickly shut down on that one, and he tried to stumble around his statement, but really-- what is an ignorant buffoon like him doing broadcasting a game for the second season now?

This team in the boothe just makes the SNF team look better and better each week.

<<edited to fix error--I said 'anybody could name" instead of "nobody">>

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

I made the mistake of watching MNF with the volume up last night, and Kornhieser quickly reminded me why I keep it down.

I'm no Saints fan, but this guy was talking like an ignorant jackass last night. The Saints weren't doing great, but they were still in that game all the way into the 4th. But as early as the 2nd QTR, thsi guy is tlakign bluntly about not only how bad they are NOW, but their whole history. He was calling them "the Aints" and even called last year a fluke based off their whole history (either choosing to ignore, or being totally ignorant of the Bobby Hebert-Sam Mills era). This went on and on and on...

On top of that, he later goes on to say that 2 of the 4 teams in the Division are teams that anybody could even name 3 players on. He was quickly shut down on that one, and he tried to stumble around his statement, but really-- what is an ignorant buffoon like him doing broadcasting a game for the second season now?

This team in the boothe just makes the SNF team look better and better each week.

I usually have the sound off for all Monday Night games. With the exception of Jaws I find the entire crew insufferable.

I'm no Saints fan, but this guy was talking like an ignorant jackass last night. The Saints weren't doing great, but they were still in that game all the way into the 4th. But as early as the 2nd QTR, this guy is talking bluntly about not only how bad they are NOW, but their whole history. He was calling them "the Aints" and even called last year a fluke based off their whole history (either choosing to ignore, or being totally ignorant of the Bobby Hebert-Sam Mills era). This went on and on and on...

On top of that, he later goes on to say that 2 of the 4 teams in the Division are teams that anybody could even name 3 players on. He was quickly shut down on that one, and he tried to stumble around his statement, but really-- what is an ignorant buffoon like him doing broadcasting a game for the second season now?

Thank you for that...The New Orleans station was talking about it also this morning. They also mentioned how at one point someone must have said something to him & he gave the old 'I support New Orleans' bit and it was obviously not genuine. What can I say though, people like him love to kick a dog when it's down and right now we're giving him every reason to.

I agree with all this, plus I needed severe eye bleach after catching him in 52" of HD :D

On a side note....from the misery index...

I have a feeling that in grocery stores across the New Orleans area this week, the answer to the question “paper or plastic” will definitely be paper.

...after watching that game and then having to look at Tony in HD, I'm definitely thinking PLASTIC here...

I'm trying to figure out why Kornholer is on the broadcast team. Every member of the team serves a purpose and tries to bring in part of the viewing audience as someone knowledgeable or that they could identify with. I guess using Dennis Miller was the network's attempt to draw the esoteric nerd base.

I don't see any demographic that Kornholer appeals to, though. He clearly doesn't understand the game at even a rudimentary level, he isn't the least bit funny, and he's about as attractive as a dog turd. Maybe the network is trying to cultivate the 12 year old & younger retarded fan base.

Well thank God for Kornhieser doing one thing last night: he finally pointed out that the emperor has no clothes. I have been screaming for two years that Reggie Bush is not now, nor will he ever be, an every-down feature back. He's a nice change of pace, great in space, great out of the backfield, but he will never be a guy you can give it to 25 times a game and expect production. Their early reliance on him sunk them for the first couple games, and the absence of Deuce McAllister will sink them the rest of the way. Brees is good, but not "do it by himself with four #4 wideouts" good.

Peace

policy

Well thank God for Kornhieser doing one thing last night: he finally pointed out that the emperor has no clothes. I have been screaming for two years that Reggie Bush is not now, nor will he ever be, an every-down feature back. He's a nice change of pace, great in space, great out of the backfield, but he will never be a guy you can give it to 25 times a game and expect production. Their early reliance on him sunk them for the first couple games, and the absence of Deuce McAllister will sink them the rest of the way. Brees is good, but not "do it by himself with four #4 wideouts" good.

Peace

policy

Actually I think that was Jaws.

Can we please keep the PC crap out of pro football? I know it's already crept in, but ... getting upset because an old sportswriter says something bad about your team? And talking about how unattractive he is? Have all the men in this country turned into teenage chicks?

You're right ... for college ball. But when you are dealing with multi-millionaires, and people pays thousands of dollars to watch and support their team ... I think criticism when they play crappy is not only justified, but warranted.

:D Leave Britney Alone! :D

I'm trying to figure out why Kornholer is on the broadcast team. Every member of the team serves a purpose and tries to bring in part of the viewing audience as someone knowledgeable or that they could identify with. I guess using Dennis Miller was the network's attempt to draw the esoteric nerd base.

I don't see any demographic that Kornholer appeals to, though. He clearly doesn't understand the game at even a rudimentary level, he isn't the least bit funny, and he's about as attractive as a dog turd. Maybe the network is trying to cultivate the 12 year old & younger retarded fan base.

+1

He is an absolute step down from Dennis Miller, at least Dennis Miller was a commedian who had an excuse to be ignorant of the sport. Kornheiser's job is sports, he has every right to be ignorant of a sport if it's not his area of expertise... but why spotlight hi signorance by putting him in the boothe as an "expert" for the viewers?

Can we please keep the PC crap out of pro football? I know it's already crept in, but ... getting upset because an old sportswriter says something bad about your team? And talking about how unattractive he is? Have all the men in this country turned into teenage chicks?

You're right ... for college ball. But when you are dealing with multi-millionaires, and people pays thousands of dollars to watch and support their team ... I think criticism when they play crappy is not only justified, but warranted.

:D Leave Britney Alone! :D

It's one thing to talk bad about a team because they are doing poorly, it's another to do it throughout an entire broadcast. Nobody's saying the Saints didn't deserve it, but you would think somebody in his position would be a bit more professional & show at least a little bit of tact.

It's one thing to talk bad about a team because they are doing poorly, it's another to do it throughout an entire broadcast. Nobody's saying the Saints didn't deserve it, but you would think somebody in his position would be a bit more professional & show at least a little bit of tact.

or at least don't show how ignorant you are to the sport by stating "nobody can name 3 players on Houston or Tennessee".

Peace

policy

Last night Bush looked like a coached-RB. Couple of times I saw opportunites to break outside, but he plowed forward. Bush needs to find some middle ground to become a truly valuable back in the NFL.

No, Kornheiser ASKED Jaws if Bush was overrated and Jaws gave his opinion. Then Kornheiser went on and on about how Reggie was overrated. I even think he was the one who repeated Cowher's comment that, "Bush is a satellite. He needs to be in space to operate."

Yep, you are correct.

or at least don't show how ignorant you are to the sport by stating "nobody can name 3 players on Houston or Tennessee".

I can name most of them & I'm not even a fan. :D

Until last nights comments I could stomach Kornholer.I did not understand how he was absolutely getting off on ripping the Saints.ESPN needs to deep six this guy.Jaws is great in the booth,but I imagine today he is wondering why he is doing this having to sit next to this idiot.

well, he was right about the saints. they absolutely suck this year. they had one or two drives where they looked alright last night. otherwise, they were dominated. at home. on monday night. by the tennessee titans.

i file that one under calling it like he sees it, and seeing it like it is.

Except he continually displays no knowledge of the history of the game, not even ancient history, nor the simple rules of the game. When I look at what he has said in the past and then last night, I don't file that under "calling it like it is", I file that under "ignorant buffoon tryign to be a character".

Except he continually displays no knowledge of the history of the game, not even ancient history, nor the simple rules of the game. When I look at what he has said in the past and then last night, I don't file that under "calling it like it is", I file that under "ignorant buffoon tryign to be a character".

even if i agreed with that, i don't really see how his knowledge of ancient history or whatever affects whether or not he's right about the saints sucking ass thus far in 2007. :D

I usually have the sound off for all Monday Night games. With the exception of Jaws I find the entire crew insufferable.

Jaws makes things up and says dumb things too, but they probably see those things as entertainment. :D

Who is their target audience? Have you analyzed who they are trying to reach with their dialog?

They don't broadcast to intelligent or informed people. They seem to be playing to people who know absolutely nothing about football. That is the producers not the announcers fault in my opinion.

It's like they want to capture the guy or girl who turns on the game for the very first time and don't care at all about the long term fan.