[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

REGGIE BUSH a STUD!?!

Dickerson

OK... I know there will be many individuals who say Reggie can't do it..., but, i say he can. Many small RB's came into the NFL as "3rd down backs" Tiki Barber, Priest Holmes, etc. but when given the opportunity they became the top backs of their generations. Can Reggie Do it? I say yes. He had 2 goalline carries last night against a pretty tough TEN Defense, and scored easily on both. It is more about reading the holes rather than pounding through them. Of course he is going to get banged around a little bit, but that's football! and he can take it!

Most RB's who carry the ball between the tackles 5 times a game look horrible... Success between the tackles comes with carries, and confidence which he will gain with 15+ carries per game between the tackles. He will break through to the secondary at least a few times per game, and that is how to get reggie into the open field where he is deadly!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... I know there will be many individuals who say Reggie can't do it..., but, i say he can. Many small RB's came into the NFL as "3rd down backs" Tiki Barber, Priest Holmes, etc. but when given the opportunity they became the top backs of their generations. Can Reggie Do it? I say yes. He had 2 goalline carries last night against a pretty tough TEN Defense, and scored easily on both. It is more about reading the holes rather than pounding through them. Of course he is going to get banged around a little bit, but that's football! and he can take it!

Most RB's who carry the ball between the tackles 5 times a game look horrible... Success between the tackles comes with carries, and confidence which he will gain with 15+ carries per game between the tackles. He will break through to the secondary at least a few times per game, and that is how to get reggie into the open field where he is deadly!

+1 Too good of an athlete not to be successful in the NFL.

Not that familiar with Bush's career in high school, but at USC he was never really asked to do much else than what he's doing now. So you are right, Bush may not be able to adapt his running style.

I've seen one of his "mix tapes" that were made of him in high school and it was just plain sick. He was amazing then and at USC, but he was the same type of player in both instances.

It will be interesting to see if he can adapt his game, but I personally don't think he can. He's not physical enough. It seems like anyone that gets a glove on him, takes him down.

That said, if he's given the right opportunities I still think he can be successful. He certainly seems to have more upside than most in the NFL and is a pretty dynamic player.

Reggie Bush is good at a lot of things, but he's also the most over-hyped player in the NFL. He's not an every-down back and is mediocre at best between the tackles. I find it mind-boggling that there are so many cheerleaders who still think that he's Marshall Faulk Jr.

I am one of those who thought he was the next Marshall Faulk. But Marshall produced from day 1 in Indy. Bush has had his moments, but overall has been a disappointment.

And he produced on a mediocre offense. Bush was nothing more than a good receiving back on one of the best offenses in the league last year.

Unlike Bush, Marshall didn't have another back he was splitting touches with his 1st year in the NFL. Kinda pointless to even try & compare their year ones.

But now that McAllister is out of the way, we'll get to see what Bush can do with the lions share of the touches.

Unlike Bush, Marshall didn't have another back he was splitting touches with his 1st year in the NFL. Kinda pointless to even try & compare their year ones.

Which should've kept Bush fresh, but he could only squeak out a 3.6 yds/carry average. He also had the league's #1 passing offense to keep defenses from stacking the line. Bush very well may be able run between the tackles some day, but the hype about him being Marshall Faulk Jr. was off by quite a bit.

But now that McAllister is out of the way, we'll get to see what Bush can do with the lions share of the touches.

Actually, that is not exactly true. Roosevelt Potts was the Colts RB in 1993. He was a big guy, a between the tackles type runner. Potts rushed for 711 yards on 179 carries (4 ypc) as a rookie. Then the Colts drafted Marshall Faulk. I remember them talking about how it was going to be "thunder and lightning" in the Colts backfield. But Marshall was so good from Week 1 (he had over 100 yards rushing in his debut against the Oilers) that the Colts found it difficult to keep him off the field. He produced as a receiver that year as well, leading the Colts in receptions. Potts only ended up with 77 carries that season. Marshall was such a good runner, inside AND outside, that he kept his competition on the bench. Bush has not done this.