[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

REGGIE BUSH a STUD!?!

Dickerson

Actually, that is not exactly true. Roosevelt Potts was the Colts RB in 1993. He was a big guy, a between the tackles type runner. Potts rushed for 711 yards on 179 carries (4 ypc) as a rookie. Then the Colts drafted Marshall Faulk. I remember them talking about how it was going to be "thunder and lightning" in the Colts backfield. But Marshall was so good from Week 1 (he had over 100 yards rushing in his debut against the Oilers) that the Colts found it difficult to keep him off the field. He produced as a receiver that year as well, leading the Colts in receptions. Potts only ended up with 77 carries that season. Marshall was such a good runner, inside AND outside, that he kept his competition on the bench. Bush has not done this.

My point was that Faulk did not split carries his 1st year, while Bush did (for whatever the reasons) & thus you're not going to get a good comparison based on their year 1 numbers.

But now, if Bush indeed shoulders the load the rest of this season, we should be able to get that comparison...IMO

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush is too small and not a guy that can pound the ball. He tends to run outside often and even when a call is made for a run up the middle, he tends to look for a cut outside instead of pounding and making a hole. Bush will not be an every down back and is nothing but a small reciever out of the backfield. Overhyped player and worthless unless in a PPR fantasty league.

Bush is too small and not a guy that can pound the ball. He tends to run outside often and even when a call is made for a run up the middle, he tends to look for a cut outside instead of pounding and making a hole. Bush will not be an every down back and is nothing but a small reciever out of the backfield. Overhyped player and worthless unless in a PPR fantasty league.

Bush isn't that small and is pretty strong as well. Those aren't his problems. Learning to run in the NFL and taking 2-3 yards when that's all that's there is. Many plays don't present a home run possibilty.

His judgement needs to change. This may be the year for him to develop.

Bush isn't that small and is pretty strong as well. Those aren't his problems. Learning to run in the NFL and taking 2-3 yards when that's all that's there is. Many plays don't present a home run possibilty.

His judgement needs to change. This may be the year for him to develop.

This is exactly what Bush's problem is.

This too small argument is thoughtless and ignorant. We will see how good he is as a #1 runner the rest of the season... it seems. Size will have nothing to do with it. I think he can, BUT he needs to make the one cut runs more often then not. If he continues to bounce to the outside he will have trouble. His line also has to improve. We will see folks but if you say he is too small you sound like an idiot.

This too small argument is thoughtless and ignorant. We will see how good he is as a #1 runner the rest of the season... it seems.

No, we won't because that offense is so bad that it'll severely limit his production.

We will see folks but if you say he is too small you sound like an idiot.

Yeah, we're all idiots. Jaws is an idiot too because he agrees with us. :D

Sorry, but it is true. It takes one Barry Sanders to dispell the notion. oh yeah Walter Payton, Emmit Smith, Willie Parker

I remember watching the 3 guys you mention along with Parker play. I don't remember them being incapable of running between the tackles, even very early in their careers, with the exception of Sanders occassionally having some trouble in that area.

To use these guys to make some kind of point regarding Bush is what is truly ignorant. You're right - you are sorry.

Sorry, but it is true. It takes one Barry Sanders to dispell the notion. oh yeah Walter Payton, Emmit Smith, Willie Parker

All the dudes you named are 5'8 - 5'10 and are or were around 205-210 and big for being so short. Barry Sanders was only a mere 5'8 but weighed around 205 and I think Walter Payton the same, I would say that they were big little dudes..lol Bush is 6'0 and is barely 200. Sounds like a reciever to me. Bush is not the type of runner to take it up the middle and I dont think he ever will be. He doesnt take just one cut and go, he runs like a highschool running back trying to find a wide open field by running outside and he has been getting tackled before he can ever find it. The NFL is a whole different game, everyone is up to speed and everyone is prepared for him! I think bushes longest run on the year is a whopping 11 yards!! Wow, talk about big time stats! 29 carries for 80 yards, doesn't look that good to me and watching the game last night, I dont think it will get any better. I do not see Bush being the full time back and will more than likely split with stecker. Colston will benefit from bushes sorry game because the saints will be looking to somehow get back into the game. If he does take the load and does well, I will eat my words but as of now, the guy does not look good. Keep hyping him up and continue to watch him fall. He will get his receptions but I just dont see him as an everydown back. Reggie bush a stud, NO

If there's one bright spot here it's that this silly debate will finally be put to the test. Unfortunately for Bush he has no line to block for him. I'm praying Payton can fix that before Carolina comes to visit. My personal opinion is that he will be able to make the transition. He just needs to learn to be a little more patient. He was getting it towards the end of last season & I think Deuce will help him with that thru the rest of this year. It'll be interesting to say the least, but I'd love nothing better than to be able to say at the end of the year that you can now all shut the hell up...and you know I will. :D

All the dudes you named are 5'8 - 5'10 and are or were around 205-210 and big for being so short. Barry Sanders was only a mere 5'8 but weighed around 205 and I think Walter Payton the same, I would say that they were big little dudes..lol

Some of these guys also had attributes that were just off the charts. Walter Payton's leg strength is legendary. He could leap-frog a 6' tall man standing upright. He knocked one of his high school teammates unconscious with his knees while running over him in practice. Barry Sanders' elusiveness was also unparalleled - we'll probably NEVER see a guy with Barry's moves ever again.

And, yes, you most definitely CAN be successful as an under-sized back in this league. Warrick Dunn wasn't much than a buck seventy when he came into the league and he proved that he could carry the rock 280 times in Atlanta. BUT you need to know how to look for holes in the defense and follow blocks. Some backs learn this over time, some don't. We'll know which category Bush is in sometime next year.

Reggie will be just fine.....if the holes there between the tackles he'l take it. (2 td's lastnight)

if it isnt, he'l tippy toe it outside.

the real question is, will the hole be there?...probly not.

then theres always the dreaded screen pass and draw....

he lacks blockers more than talent, he already has that

I don't care who the running back is in New Orleans, there is not a running back in the league right now that can be worth a dam in NO.

THE O-LINE SUCKS.....

This saids it all. ask S.Jackson or LJ how it is running behind a sucky o-line.

Why make Bush something he's not? He's not built to get 25+ touches per game in the NFL much less college and the Saints know this. I'm more interested in seeing how much more productive he should be with a few extra touches per game. He also looks like he will be the goal line back which should increase his TD total Duece would have otherwise vultured.

I expect him to get 15 rushes per game and 5 receptions per game which is ideal and very Westbrook like. Anything more and you risk hurting the kid and asking his body to do what he's never done.

I think it is funny... I am so positive that Bush will be great as a feature back... he does have the o-line problems to deal with..., but if given the rock 20-25 times per game he will break a long TD run every single week... The only change he needs to make is patience and reading his blocks, which he can do.

This is not a knock on Barry Sanders, but I recall his first 10 carries per game "usually" being for a total of 15 yards more often than not. Then, he breaks a 50 yarder... The Lions would go 3-and-out very often.

The Saints Schedule is CAKE the rest of the season as well... It will be tough to make the playoffs, but I see them turning it around after the bye, and Bush will carry the team on his skinny little 200 pound back.

Why make Bush something he's not? He's not built to get 25+ touches per game in the NFL much less college and the Saints know this. I'm more interested in seeing how much more productive he should be with a few extra touches per game. He also looks like he will be the goal line back which should increase his TD total Duece would have otherwise vultured.

The same was said for years about Tiki. We'll see.