[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Henry failed drug test

mrader59

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Share in the pain in this - didn't notice this until this AM, watched him get snatched up in all three of my leagues before I could get him. I have nothing but RB injury problems, and this could have saved my season in some respects. Picked up Keith on two teams hoping for a one week win, instead of Young.

I won't give up yet, but this is by far my worst season ever in so many ways.

I don't understand why teams like Denver (etc..) give guys like Henry deals like $22M. Yes I know he can run the ball. But IMO once you have this drug test hanging over your head you should be working at a discount, like say $1M per year (or so)

That way other people will think twice. But with Henry getting money and others like him it's like they don't care. They will keep on doing it.

I'm sure Denver had some kind of clause in their contract to protect them. Besides, most players never see the full amount of their deals due to all the restructuring of deals, no guarantees, etc. I am curious to know how things will work out on his guaranteed money and signing bonus. I'm sure the Broncos are entitled to getting that back now.

This guy is clearly a loser. He just couldn't stay clean until Oct. 1. And let's not forget all 9 of those chiild support checks he needs to be sending out every month for his children.

Well thanks to The Huddle I picked Young up in one league, he had been gone for weeks my other two. Gave my girlfriend the word and she picked him up in her other league. Of course I picked Young up in the league we're both in before I called her :D

Wait a second, Gdawg is a guy !!!!!!!!! :D

:wacko:

Okay, this is the short version of my understanding of the situation:

Henry was set to rotate out of the NFL drug program on Oct. 1st.

Henry testing positive for pot earlier this year & filed an injunction on Sept. 20 against the NFL for: 1) Using his second sample to verify the positive based upon the CBA stating that he had a right to have an agent present when the second sample was tested, and 2) to keep any information from going public.

The NFL appealed that injunction on the grounds that the CBA says he can have an agent present as long as that agent is not associated with a testing lab. Henry's agent was associated with a testing lab, and the injunction was overturned on Mon. Oct 1st.

In short, Henry is screwed. Word out of Denver is that he has already played his last down with the Broncos and that not only will he not collect $6M in bonus money still due him this year but also that he will be liable to return $2M of the $6M in bonus already paid to him. That makes his ganga worth $8M.

As to who steps in - Selvin Young was taking some regularv season work from Henry and is the next guy in line. He was used exactly like Henry was situationally and was doing a very credible job. I'd say that Young will be used exactly like Henry was with the same amount of work (barring fumbles) and thatSapp will get the short yardage/goal line work, with Bell spelling Young occasionally. That would seem to indicate that Young's value is about what Henry's was and that no ther DEN RB's value will change perceptively.

Okay, this is the short version of my understanding of the situation:

Henry was set to rotate out of the NFL drug program on Oct. 1st.

Henry testing positive for pot earlier this year & filed an injunction on Sept. 20 against the NFL for: 1) Using his second sample to verify the positive based upon the CBA stating that he had a right to have an agent present when the second sample was tested, and 2) to keep any information from going public.

The NFL appealed that injunction on the grounds that the CBA says he can have an agent present as long as that agent is not associated with a testing lab. Henry's agent was associated with a testing lab, and the injunction was overturned on Mon. Oct 1st.

In short, Henry is screwed. Word out of Denver is that he has already played his last down with the Broncos and that not only will he not collect $6M in bonus money still due him this year but also that he will be liable to return $2M of the $6M in bonus already paid to him. That makes his ganga worth $8M.

As to who steps in - Selvin Young was taking some regularv season work from Henry and is the next guy in line. He was used exactly like Henry was situationally and was doing a very credible job. I'd say that Young will be used exactly like Henry was with the same amount of work (barring fumbles) and thatSapp will get the short yardage/goal line work, with Bell spelling Young occasionally. That would seem to indicate that Young's value is about what Henry's was and that no ther DEN RB's value will change perceptively.

Good stuff. Thanks.

I hate this freaking season! :D

Seriously, it's everyone of my players that is getting hit over and over... I look forward to FF all damn year long, and I just get rocked in every league with this crap. I'm sick of it!

I feel the same way. First it was injuries and now this. This probably will be my worst season ever.

Interesting... so he probably won't play this weekend even though it seems the legal issues might not be settled for a few weeks?

Thanks BB!!

I was just offered Maroney for Young :D .....I was probably starting Young this week, course the guy has Westbrook and LJordan as well so he's F'd this week.

Interesting... so he probably won't play this weekend even though it seems the legal issues might not be settled for a few weeks?

I'm not trying to start an argumen with Bronco Billy, and I also figure that Henry is finished in Denver, but per Fanball.com...

Broncos: Henry may practice Friday Friday 10/5, 9:18 AM CT

Broncos running back Travis Henry participated in the walk-through on Thursday, and he could practice on Friday. He is dealing with a sore right knee and a sprained right ankle. "It's looking like Travis is moving around pretty well," teammate Selvin Young tells the Denver Post.

Our View: This is obviously the lesser news on Henry at the moment. At this point, he is eligible to play in Week 5, but we're still not sure if he'll be ready.

:D:D

I'm not trying to start an argumen with Bronco Billy, and I also figure that Henry is finished in Denver, but per Fanball.com...

Broncos: Henry may practice Friday Friday 10/5, 9:18 AM CT

Broncos running back Travis Henry participated in the walk-through on Thursday, and he could practice on Friday. He is dealing with a sore right knee and a sprained right ankle. "It's looking like Travis is moving around pretty well," teammate Selvin Young tells the Denver Post.

Our View: This is obviously the lesser news on Henry at the moment. At this point, he is eligible to play in Week 5, but we're still not sure if he'll be ready.

:D:D

He better not be. :wacko: