[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this foul?

Scooby

In my main big $ league, we have $100 "psuedo dollars" to bid on free agents. Once you use up your $$, well, you're SOL. I am a Lamont Jordan owner and last week opted to p/u Kenton instead of worring about Lamont's back-ups. I figured (correctly) that someone would overpay for Dominic Rhodes. I also thought about Fargas, but tried to give it one more week before making a move. A guy submitted his bids by Wednesday evening deadline and asked for and received Justin Griffith (RB-Oak). I was happy that happened, thinking I had dodged a bullet and would have my chance at him this week if I so desired. Well on Friday evening last week, he called and said he meant to get Justin Fargas, and just wrote in his e-mail Justin Griffith by accident. The commish gladly accepted the excuse and gave him Fargas after the free agents were in and the deadline was over. Is this right?

In my main big $ league, we have $100 "psuedo dollars" to bid on free agents. Once you use up your $$, well, you're SOL. I am a Lamont Jordan owner and last week opted to p/u Kenton instead of worring about Lamont's back-ups. I figured (correctly) that someone would overpay for Dominic Rhodes. I also thought about Fargas, but tried to give it one more week before making a move. A guy submitted his bids by Wednesday evening deadline and asked for and received Justin Griffith (RB-Oak). I was happy that happened, thinking I had dodged a bullet and would have my chance at him this week if I so desired. Well on Friday evening last week, he called and said he meant to get Justin Fargas, and just wrote in his e-mail Justin Griffith by accident. The commish gladly accepted the excuse and gave him Fargas after the free agents were in and the deadline was over. Is this right?

I'd call foul if i were you. If you are playing for money, the commish can't make a call on his own like that. We always vote on issues like this in our league, and they usually work themselves out. If you are indeed playing for "big money", i doubt members of your league will be very forgiving.

Edited by gardenthug

Not at all...How can you "accidentally" write Griffith instead of Fargas? The letters aren't even close to one another. :D

Seriously though, that is completely bogus.

Cute little one BTW :D

Not at all...How can you "accidentally" write Griffith instead of Fargas? The letters aren't even close to one another. :D

Thanks!! My sweetie 2-yr old

By the way, the commish is my Husband, this guy, his best freind

Not a good move regardless of the participants. Each player has got to take responsibility for his own actions and that includes knowing how to type the name of a particular player. I saw a trade go down in one of my leagues where a guy mistakenly made a trade for and received AP from the Bears when he meant AP from the Vikings. Everybody in the league knew who he really meant but he just said "It's all on me for making the mistake." That was Steven Manning up! The move in your league...shady.

I agree on both counts...

1) cute kid

2) bogus mistake. if it were MFL or some other site where he pulled up Oakland running backs and somehow he picked the wrong one... maybe.... just maybe.... but he typed it. He's does not deserve the player if only because he is a retard. You should kinda know the name of the guy you are looking for.

I would sweetly tell your husband that unless his best friend is prepared to give it up he better reverse that BS excuse.

+1...this is sound advice.

Edit to add: I think that your hubby, the Commish, was trying to be a nice guy. His buddy probably just had a brain fart...they are both named Justin, after all. Having said that, he should not have done it.

And, FWIW, if you want a player, don't wait too long before taking him! :D

Edited by The Wolf

I agree on both counts...

1) cute kid

2) bogus mistake. if it were MFL or some other site where he pulled up Oakland running backs and somehow he picked the wrong one... maybe.... just maybe.... but he typed it. He's does not deserve the player if only because he is a retard. You should kinda know the name of the guy you are looking for.

+1

+1

Yep - to me too.

Y'all need to chill.

Why in his right mind would he want Justin Griffith and not Justin Fargas (given the choice)?

People make mistakes. This one happens to be easily corrected. No harm, no foul in my opinion.

That's cool if you're playing in a free league with 6th graders. If not, man-up. He made a mistake, he'll have to live with it.

Yep - to me too.

Y'all need to chill.

Why in his right mind would he want Justin Griffith and not Justin Fargas (given the choice)?

People make mistakes. This one happens to be easily corrected. No harm, no foul in my opinion.

Who would want the 3rd RB when he just found out the 1st was hurt? He made a mistake. See the abc spell check at the top right?