[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leftwich....Is this an upgrade over Harrington?

quiveringnorm

Nope. What are the top two complaints about Harrington this season?

* He holds on to the ball too long.

* He isn't mobile enough to evade the rush generated by the terrible OL.

^--- AND THESE PROBLEMS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE REMEDIED BY BYRON LEFTWICH?!?!?!?! ROFL.

Peace

policy

Nope. What are the top two complaints about Harrington this season?

* He holds on to the ball too long.

* He isn't mobile enough to evade the rush generated by the terrible OL.

^--- AND THESE PROBLEMS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE REMEDIED BY BYRON LEFTWICH?!?!?!?! ROFL.

Peace

policy

Leftwich is worse. What a joke.

The only upgrade about this situation is going to be more interceptions. Leftwich will end up getting hurt again anyways.

The only improvement that I've read about so far is a stronger arm and better deep ball. But... don't you need time in the pocket to throw deep?

They are probably seeing what he can do so they know to draft a QB this year. What is the game sack record anyway?

It's an upgrade only if the receivers know how to catch passes from Leftwich instead of Harrington.

Am I the only Huddler that is playing the Saints Defense this week?

You might be the only Huddler that drafted Saints Defense. :D

Peace

policy

It's an upgrade only if the receivers know how to catch passes from Leftwich instead of Harrington.

Am I the only Huddler that is playing the Saints Defense this week?

Nope. I needed a bye week fill-in for the Packers defense, and the Saints were the best option available. If they bring the pressure defense like they did last week against the Seahawks, they should have a field day.

I not sure Peyton Manning or Tom Brady could make the Atlanta WR's look good.

Nobody can make those receivers look good. I swear they inject their hands with Novocaine right before each game. Leftwich is not much of a difference from Harrington, and he too will get to experience the frustration of dropped pass after dropped pass.

Edited by Aiea Sparks

The only improvement that I've read about so far is a stronger arm and better deep ball. But... don't you need time in the pocket to throw deep?

Exactly. Harrington's problem is that he seems to be gunshy. He seemed to be afraid to pull the trigger and would end up holding the ball too long. Lefty has the superior arm and is not afraid to let it go, but his delivery sucks. He brings the ball from his hip to deliver it and that takes too long. What absolutely dumbfounds me is that nobody has tried to change this. With Atlanta's line problems, Lefty will end up on his back so many times they'll be begging Harrington back. Atlanta should tank the rest of the season and get a QB in the draft like Ryan or Brohm. That may be what they're planning.

The offensive system can make a QB look good or bad as well as it's WR's. The Falcons offense looks bad with no running game and short passing crap. It's certainly not all Harrington's fault but I've always thought the guy sucked from day one. He's clearly a back-up QB going forward in his future. As for Leftwich, I think he's definately an upgrade but seems like a weird fit for this quick throwing offensive scheme with his long awkward delivery. I just hope he gets the ball to White (who I need this week) and the birds can put some points on the board.

Overall, Leftwich has more to prove in the NFL but he's a ok QB. He helped the Jaguars win and was effective when he played. His problem is obviously staying healthy. He stands in the pocket like a statue and takes punishment by holding onto the ball until the very last second. The biggest problem with the Jags is thier Wide Receivers who suck. Heck Northcutt is now starting. Lefty didn't deserve the last minute crappy exit he got in Jacksonville. With Lefty out of the picture and the organization backing Girard, he is playing great and relaxed. That's what happens when you have support from the coaching staff and don't constantly look over your shoulder. The Jags would be in the same position right now if Leftwich was starting and Girard got cut. I'm just not sure if Lefty would make it thru a whole season. :D

Lefty hung Jenkins out to dry on 1st down for a 4 yard pick up. Overthrew his WR on 2nd down & the O'line allowed a jail break sack on 3rd down...punt...huge punt return by the Saints.

This is gonna be one ugly game for Falcon fans.