[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Branch/Hackett expected back in the lineup this week

Randall

Seahawks Expect WRs Hackett, Branch Back In Lineup

Darrin Beene, Tacoma News Tribune -

The Seattle Seahawks expect receivers D.J. Hackett and Deion Branch back in the starting lineup this weekend. The team's passing attack survived while Hackett and Branch battled injuries. But there's no doubt the return of the team's starting receivers will help the passing attack. "I think it's going to be very important," HC Mike Holmgren said. "I think they're both good football players, and you need your ... best guys. It will be nice to have them back."

Seahawks Expect WRs Hackett, Branch Back In Lineup

Darrin Beene, Tacoma News Tribune -

The Seattle Seahawks expect receivers D.J. Hackett and Deion Branch back in the starting lineup this weekend. The team's passing attack survived while Hackett and Branch battled injuries. But there's no doubt the return of the team's starting receivers will help the passing attack. "I think it's going to be very important," HC Mike Holmgren said. "I think they're both good football players, and you need your ... best guys. It will be nice to have them back."

Hackett was the starter at the start of the season, and Burleson did nothing with his chance to take the job away. Branch and Hackett go back to starting with Engram in the slot and Burleson on the bench (where he belongs).

Thank God because I've been holding onto Hackett all year waiting for him to come back. The passing attack was strong without them, and it should be great for the 2nd half of the year. They certainly can't run the ball.

Someone dropped Branch just a few days before report came out that he would be back after the Bye so I happily scooped him up as a FA. Hopefully he puts up some fair numbers. Having him on my lineup helped in my decision to go with a trade where I lost Chad Johnson so I could use a good starter. I hope he doesn't let me down.

WR/KR/PR Burleson's Role To Decrease

Clare Farnsworth, Seattle Post-Intelligencer -

The Seahawks will welcome back receivers Deion Branch and D.J. Hackett this week, which means WR Nate Burleson will see less time on the field, taking a seat behind slot receiver Bobby Engram. Burleson will continue to return punts and kickoffs and resume his role as the #4 receiver.

I have been wondering if the return of these guys could help out Alexander for the last half of the season. Not expecting much, but he should be worthy of a TD or two and some yardage moving forward, and might be worth trading for. I might take a flyer on him, he's as cheap as he can get right now.

From the Seahawks blog

Deion Branch, 50-50 chance of playing; Pollard a long shot

Posted by Danny O'Neil at 12:35 PM

Coach Mike Holmgren just finished his Wednesday press conference. Tackle Ray Willis will be out, still recovering from a knee injury. Wide receiver Deion Branch has a 50-50 chance of playing. He missed the past two games with a bruised foot. Marcus Pollard underwent knee surgery a week ago. He's a long shot to play this week, but there is a chance.

Holmgren also said the team will be looking at some different combinations to try and get the running game going. He would specify what those changes are, but we'll get an idea in the days to come.

I have been wondering if the return of these guys could help out Alexander for the last half of the season. Not expecting much, but he should be worthy of a TD or two and some yardage moving forward, and might be worth trading for. I might take a flyer on him, he's as cheap as he can get right now.

Believe me, his trade value is nowhere near as low as it should be. I wouldn't trade Jerry Porter for him right now, even if I was starting Trung Candidate at RB.

WR D.J. Hackett continues to shine in practice and is looking likely to start for the Seahawks in Week 9.

"So it's full speed ahead," Holmgren said. "We'll just practice him and play him and he's part of the rotation right away and it's as though hopefully he never was hurt." Hackett has a great matchup and is a strong WR3 going up against the Browns this week.

Source: Seattle Times

So the post above says Branch is 50/50 but nothing on Hackett. Does that mean he's good to go? I have Engram and thinking of dumping him for Hackett.

Risky bet. Hackett has a nice upside, but starting late into a season...

With the way Engram has been playing and the looks he's been getting, plus the amout of 3 WR sets Seattle uses (which I think is more than usual, at least this season, please correct me if I am wrong), Engram's production may suffer a bit but not fall off a cliff. Having Branch and Hackett to draw coverage could really open up the slot.

It depends on what you need. I was having similar thoughts - but I didn't need another risky injury bet on my roster - I needed a receiver I know I can plug in for a reliable 50 yards, maybe more each week.

No, but now that Branch is still hobbled, he has a chance to produce for me.

If Branch gets substantial playing time, you don't want to start Burleson. And since Hackett is coming back, you must be hurting for a WR to consider.

Edited by bushwacked

Risky bet. Hackett has a nice upside, but starting late into a season...

With the way Engram has been playing and the looks he's been getting, plus the amout of 3 WR sets Seattle uses (which I think is more than usual, at least this season, please correct me if I am wrong), Engram's production may suffer a bit but not fall off a cliff. Having Branch and Hackett to draw coverage could really open up the slot.

It depends on what you need. I was having similar thoughts - but I didn't need another risky injury bet on my roster - I needed a receiver I know I can plug in for a reliable 50 yards, maybe more each week.

I'm picking up Hackett and playing both him and Engram this week. My starters are Driver, Engram, Hackett with Harrison and Coles out with injury....gonna be a long sunday. :D

I'm picking up Hackett and playing both him and Engram this week. My starters are Driver, Engram, Hackett with Harrison and Coles out with injury....gonna be a long sunday. :D

With Branch not likely to play not (list as doubtful) this is not as a bad a play as it first seemed.