[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unanswered Trade Offers

dfv87

I am in a league with a few old friends from college (Many years ago...Go Huskies!) and the main complaint I have in this league is trade offers seem to never get addressed. Is this a common problem as my other league is a no transaction league. You think you can draft try that! Anyway I don't need them to make a decision but a PM saying they have seen it and are considering it would be nice, something so I know if I should send another one out.

I am in a league with a few old friends from college (Many years ago...Go Huskies!) and the main complaint I have in this league is trade offers seem to never get addressed. Is this a common problem as my other league is a no transaction league. You think you can draft try that! Anyway I don't need them to make a decision right away but a PM saying they have seen it and are considering it would be nice, something so I know if I should send another one out.

I agree 100%. Letting others know where you stand should not only be a common courtesy but can be helpful in terms of game planning for the future. Sending a quick PM after receiving an offer allows for more communication about possible deals/counter offers. Sometimes owners will have a deal on the table all week, only to respond on Sunday with a" no thanks", when in fact something could've been worked out had there been better dialogue and possible counter offers made.

Oh and leagues that don't allow trading are flat out boring. Just my opinion and for those that like those types of leagues, don't take offense as I understand the premise of them, but I just rather have options as it makes the game more fun.

I am in a league with a few old friends from college (Many years ago...Go Huskies!) and the main complaint I have in this league is trade offers seem to never get addressed. Is this a common problem as my other league is a no transaction league. You think you can draft try that! Anyway I don't need them to make a decision but a PM saying they have seen it and are considering it would be nice, something so I know if I should send another one out.

For the most part I agree, but if the offer is truly asinine (i.e. Schaub and Morrency for Tomlinson) then I will let it die on the vine.

I usually email the offer after making it to make sure they get it, but some owners use email they rarely use. It doesn't piss me off that much as every owner treats their team differently.

Being the high scorer in leagues and being in last place does.

I usually revoke the trade after a day or tow if they don't say anything.

I usually email the offer after making it to make sure they get it, but some owners use email they rarely use. It doesn't piss me off that much as every owner treats their team differently.

Being the high scorer in leagues and being in last place does.

I can confirm this. :D

BTW, is Curry well enough to trade on? I MIGHT consider Harrison, if the RB was right. :D

I would say that's a matter of how tenacious you need to be. If you have owners you know aren't going to respond, think of different ways to get them to act....it's like sales.

I think the only thing that would drive me crazier is playing in a league with an owner who is an egomaniac and talks out of both sides of their ass. :D

I can confirm this. :D

BTW, is Curry well enough to trade on? I MIGHT consider Harrison, if the RB was right. :D

I need someone for this week. Just waiting for more definite news as I can't put Javon Walker on IR.

This is probably a good policy as I know a couple of people that have been burned by letting an older trade linger. The guy they were trying to acquire gets hurt and that owner pulls the trigger to unload a hurt player.

I notice the same problem. The reason is that unfortunately, it's just a league with office buddies and only myself and 3-4 (12 man league) others get on at least 3-4 times per week. I personally am on multiple times per day. But a lot of the people will just hop on Saturday night and adjust their roster, rarely looking at FAs or the waiver wire unless it's a bye week and pretty much never thinking about trades.

It's irritating sometimes.

I'm sorry, and I don't know how if this totally crosses the etiquette barrier, but I NEVER reject trades that I don't want, unless I counter. I leave them on my screen for as long as humanly possible. The second that one of my guys gets hurt, if there is a trade offer out there for him, I will hurry up and accept the trade before it is revoked. This isn't so effective in football but in baseball and basketball I can get rid of at least one hurt player a year and get a good player in return.

I'm sorry, and I don't know how if this totally crosses the etiquette barrier, but I NEVER reject trades that I don't want, unless I counter. I leave them on my screen for as long as humanly possible. The second that one of my guys gets hurt, if there is a trade offer out there for him, I will hurry up and accept the trade before it is revoked. This isn't so effective in football but in baseball and basketball I can get rid of at least one hurt player a year and get a good player in return.

Nice. So you're that guy? Are you in all my leagues?

Week 2 I was offered Fitz for Andre Johnson. When he got hurt I asked that owner if he really wanted to do that trade and he did.

Of crosses your trade crosses the ethical barrier. When the trade was offered they were both healthy. It would never be allowed in the NFL. Each player would have to pass a physical.

Heard that, and now stinkin Dungy is saying even Harrison is doubtful. :D:D

I think you have 3 guys that may not play and need them yourself. I'll stick with my 1 WR this week.

Being shorthanded happens a lot in GVE.

Oooooooh... that's a great rule. I like it.

Let me get this straight. I've got Tom Brady and Randy Moss and all my matchups look great for the upcoming week!! You're telling me that if I don't sign into the league on wednesday or thursday to check out the latest terrible offer I've gotten for Brady or Moss, you are going to penalize my team for that week?? I do very much support the theory behind the rule, but for me personally, I work my butt off all day long and typically date a few nights a week. I do not feel it is fair to penalize me for this. I can see where if ALL of the owners in the league had internet access at work or had time to kill during the week that this could be a very good rule, to me it just doesn't seem all that practical. I'm sorry if my disagreement leads you to believe that I am now an "instigator". Instigating is not my goal, I simply disagree with the rule.

Let me get this straight. I've got Tom Brady and Randy Moss and all my matchups look great for the upcoming week!! You're telling me that if I don't sign into the league on wednesday or thursday to check out the latest terrible offer I've gotten for Brady or Moss, you are going to penalize my team for that week?? I do very much support the theory behind the rule, but for me personally, I work my butt off all day long and typically date a few nights a week. I do not feel it is fair to penalize me for this. I can see where if ALL of the owners in the league had internet access at work or had time to kill during the week that this could be a very good rule, to me it just doesn't seem all that practical. I'm sorry if my disagreement leads you to believe that I am now an "instigator". Instigating is not my goal, I simply disagree with the rule.

:D

Wow, table for Insecurity, party of 1.

Hey, I guess this is why you're not in a league with this rule, huh?

Randall,all due respect but fantasy football isn't any closer to being real football than a war video game is to being on the actual front lines.

That strategy just makes you an Arsehole.....hope you enjoy living in your moms basement....since you admitted to this no respect goes your way.

Absolutely crosses the line. :booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo: