[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

movies that make men cry

tonorator

oh man, another mel gibson one. 'the patriot'

he's about to leave his daughter who hasn't spoken to him since her brother was murdered by the british bad guy. he's about to return to the fight and looks at her and asks if she has anything to say. she just stands there, he bows his head and starts to head out. then there's this shot of her face, a tear goes down, and she yells 'Papa!' mel turns around and runs back and scoops her up, she's yelling 'i'm sorry, i'm sorry', he's telling her it's all right, everyone in the family on the beach is crying.

:wacko:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The movie Galipoli. Aussie flick from the early 80s or so about WW I. Starred some kid I don't remember and a young Mel Gibson. Last scene is pretty freaking tough to handle.

I saw this. I'll give Detlef's comment a big +1.

• 1 month later...

Just rented "The 5th Quarter" out of the redbox last night. Holy crap, I cant imagine any1 watching this movie without shedding or coming close to crying. The 1st 40 minutes are pretty gut wrenching...Its based on a true story. :wacko:

Description of the movie.

The death of a promising young athlete just days before his 16th birthday inspires his older brother to lead his college football team to new heights. When 15-year-old Luke Abbate is killed in a tragic car accident, the loss leaves his close-knit family reeling with grief. Fueled by faith and their deep familial bond, the Abbates try to rebuild their lives without Luke, fulfilling his wish to help others by donating his organs to save the lives of five other people. But despite the support of loving friends and family, his death leaves a void in their lives that threatens to tear the family apart. Struggling with the devastating loss, Luke's older brother Jon, a gifted football player at Wake Forest University, decides to honor his brother's memory and love for the game by dedicating the 2006 season to him. With the added motivation of "playing for two," he dons Luke's beloved No. 5 jersey and inspires his teammates to play the best football of their lives - and become the most improved team in America. Predicted to finish last in their division, the Wake Forest football team surpassed all expectations by winning an unforgettable championship season.

Jenny embraces '60s counterculture, experiments with drugs, and embraces the sexual revolution and it comes to a VERY bad end for her;

ie: Jenny goes out of her way to do aboslutely nothing with her life but hang with every brain-dead/absuive hippie druggie loser imaginable, apparently do about every drug and nail about every guy in sight, and surprise, her life doesn't go so well. Gump treats people and himself as well as he can, is an extremely responsible and considerate adult despite his slowness, and it does go well. Yes what a horrible message that sends.

lol @ the rant though. :wacko:

Re the topic, I assume "Dirty Dozen" has been mentioned right :tup:

Edited by BeeR

The only two times I've ever shed a tear watching a movie were the ending of Saving Private Ryan & (not a movie, but) the death camp scene in Band of Brothers.

I don't know that the death camp in BoB makes me tear up, but it does give me that feeling you have right after someone whacks you in the head with a shovel.

The first 15 minutes of "UP" had me going as it reminded me of my parents, both whom are gone now.

"Horse called PharLap" was gut wrenching for sure.

The one that had me sniveling like a bisnotch throughout was definately "Marley and Me". F*ck, I'm tearing up just writing this. Hits home even more when my old boy is currently going through some of the same things.

Edited by Hugh B Tool

I didn't, but damn that was a good movie. Certainly not what I expected

The mortality. The thought of knowing that this could be the end and wondering what you wished you'd done. I mean, obviously that could be tomorrow for any of us, but certainly there are some who are really looking at it right in the eyes. That really got to me.