[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is New England Winning Yet?

Egret

The secondary was laying some hits on them,they werent getting free open looks each time.Couple that with getting hit hard on a regular basis and the recievers had other things besides the catch on their minds this week.

I foresee a lot of opposing DCs playing "rough-house" with NE's WRs down the stretch. Especially with Moss, who has a history of shying away from contact and tends to get "distracted" when he's not getting clean releases and is relegated to playing decoy. I get the feeling that Welker and Gaffney are going to get more balls over the middle form here on out.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I foresee a lot of opposing DCs playing "rough-house" with NE's WRs down the stretch. Especially with Moss, who has a history of shying away from contact and tends to get "distracted" when he's not getting clean releases and is relegated to playing decoy. I get the feeling that Welker and Gaffney are going to get more balls over the middle form here on out.

Randy confuses me. He's big, strong and fast. He should have the advantage when it comes to being physical against, what is often, undersized corners. I hate to question the guys heart but look at little guys like Hines Ward.

Excellent game last night. I was on the edge of my seat all night.

I mainly credit the line play of Philly. On offense, Feeley had all night to throw most of the time. On defense, the line got tons of push against NE and rushed Brady all night.

Very exciting!

Excellent game last night. I was on the edge of my seat all night.

I mainly credit the line play of Philly. On offense, Feeley had all night to throw most of the time. On defense, the line got tons of push against NE and rushed Brady all night.

Very exciting!

Awesome game indeed. I didn't understand why the Pats D didn't adjust. Feely was picking them apart up the middle. Anyway a wakeup call for NE coming at the right time. They will work out their weaknesses this week and hopefully adjust accordingly. Next weeks game at BAL should prove to be interesting.

Moss didn't get open because the EAGLES D-Line was dominating the PATS O-Line all night. This is a huge PATS weakness. Light & Kazur get owned by any plus defensive ends. This is why the Colts gave them such a good game, because Freeney was all over Brady. I think the Eagles offesnive play calling was just tthe thing to beat the Pats. On inroutes you need defesnive help from your line backers and the Pats linebackers are ancient.

Great game overall. I think Feeley made himself some money tonight if his contract ends at the end of the year, especially with shoddy QB play elsewhere.

Moss didn't get open because the EAGLES D-Line was dominating the PATS O-Line all night. This is a huge PATS weakness.

A huge weakness? It's been their strength for most of the year. :D

I wouldn't say the Pats O-line was "dominated" last night. The difference was that, unlike most of their opponents this year, the Eagles can actually pressure the QB and didn't given Brady 10 seconds in the pocket on every down.

Edited by Bill Swerski

A huge weakness? It's been their strength for most of the year. :D

I wouldn't say the Pats O-line was "dominated" last night. The difference was that, unlike most of their opponents this year, the Eagles can actually pressure the QB and didn't given Brady 10 seconds in the pocket on every down.

Sure they are good against average D-lines, but against any good DE they are toast. Freeney dogs them everytime they play, same with Schobel in Buffalo. They normally have to put a TE on that side to stop those guys but last night they didn't do that due to the 5 WR offense they were running.

Awesome game indeed. I didn't understand why the Pats D didn't adjust. Feely was picking them apart up the middle. Anyway a wakeup call for NE coming at the right time. They will work out their weaknesses this week and hopefully adjust accordingly. Next weeks game at BAL should prove to be interesting.

Because they are good but not as godly as everyone thinks they are.....how much easier do you think it is to get pressure on the opposing team when your offense gives you a nice big old lead? When that happens the opposing offense will most likely be one dimensional in that it will have to pass and pass a lot if they want to catch up...as a D especially DLineman you lick your chops when that happens, you get to pin your ears back and go....what the birds did was for most of the game was to stay balanced because they kept the game close....you keep the game close you can continue to expose the NE D just like any other NFL team....as far as the balt game it is a shame they have very little semblance of an offense because if they have the corners back and healthy they are also the sorta D that can give NE fits.

What happened last nite was that Philly showed Pats fans and the NFL that the Pats are not a machine and that they just like 31 other teams have vulnerabilities. Could they still go 16-0? Sure they could but at least last nite philly punched 'em in the mouth, gave them a bloody lip and showed that they are indeed not machines. Any Given Sunday!

also fwiw I would say that looking forward: Pitt, Dallas, GB and maybe even SD have the D's that can make a game of it with the pats.

Lebeau is even more crafty then JJ is

Dallas will be a much different team with a healthy newman and henry at DB, and we know that Dallas can get after the QB too

GB as long as they get Harris back has the corners that can take on the WRs like philly did and kampman and co can get pressure on the QB without the need to blitz

SD played so poorly the first time these teams met but there is no denying that they can get after the QB and cromartie is starting to come into his own at CB...a SD/NE tilt would probably hinge on how good or poorly rivers plays

Edited by keggerz

Sure they are good against average D-lines, but against any good DE they are toast. Freeney dogs them everytime they play, same with Schobel in Buffalo. They normally have to put a TE on that side to stop those guys but last night they didn't do that due to the 5 WR offense they were running.

Not this year.

Schobel, in two games, 4 tackles, 4 assists, 1/2 sack

Freeny, 2 tackles, 0 sacks

This was the first game this season that any DE got pressure on Brady. In 400 attempts, he's been sacked 13 times.

The Eagles came out with a great game plan on both O and D, and for the first time this season I found myself yelling at the TV, telling the Pats how to adjust. (You know, cause I know better than the coaches :D )

Not this year.

Schobel, in two games, 4 tackles, 4 assists, 1/2 sack

Freeny, 2 tackles, 0 sacks

This was the first game this season that any DE got pressure on Brady. In 400 attempts, he's been sacked 13 times.

The Eagles came out with a great game plan on both O and D, and for the first time this season I found myself yelling at the TV, telling the Pats how to adjust. (You know, cause I know better than the coaches :D )

I stand corrected. Although I'd be interested to see QB pressures in those games to see if my argument holds any sort of water. This game proved to everyone that it is still anyone's AFC or Superbowl for that matter.

I stand corrected. Although I'd be interested to see QB pressures in those games to see if my argument holds any sort of water. This game proved to everyone that it is still anyone's AFC or Superbowl for that matter.

i dont know what you guys did to the obnoxious NE fans but thank you and keep them locked up no matter where that is :D

Freeney doesn't exactly terrorize Brady. He didn't sack him earlier this year, and hasn't exactly "dogged" their line regularly in the past.

Brady is seeing more pressure this year because they're throwing the ball on almost every down. And that's really the only reason. The Pats O-line has been overwhelmingly outstanding for most of this season.

This game makes me feel a lot better about the Cowboys chances against them should the two teams meet in the SB. When they met earlier this year, Newman was only 80% and Henry didn't even play. Because of that, Dallas ran a very vanilla defense. With the addition of Tank Johnson providing pressure up the middle, and their two corners at 100%, Wade should be able to dial up more blitzes.

Hats off to Philly..They played a great game against a ridiculously good football team..As far as the blue print you still need the players to execute..Mike Tyson has one of the greatest sports quotes of all time ISMHO.." Everyone has a great strategy until they get punched in the mouth"

the final score is all that matters. Patriots won.

i've never heard any of the players or coaches say winning any game, any week, would be easy.

it's all hype and means nothing. as Brady said last week (para) 'we're 10-0...so what. means nothing to us...

this is a team that won 21 straight and 3 Superbowls...10-0 doesn't accomplish anything.'

i was at the game lastnight, and can tell you the Eagles brought it!....from the trickery of the onside kick

to the flea flicker....their O line played one of the best games of any NFL team i've seen this year...the crowd

was stunned as Feeley completed pass after pass for first downs....it was so frustrtaing i wanted to jump

on the field and sack the mofo myself!!...ha!

but the fact is, as well as he played (with all that protection) he still lost the game for them.

actually, i dunno who's fault the 2nd INT was (in the endzone) his or the reciever...Feeley either over threw

it or the reciever gave up....but the first INT for the TD and the last to kill all hope of tying it up,were

both on him....all 3 were to the outside, the guy cant throw there....

the offensive PI on Moss in the enzone was a terrible call!...dunno if it was Lito on him but he had his hands

on him before Moss was flagged....and the DB's were holding Moss all night, ripping his Jersey off

at one point. No Call.....Welker filled in nicely. :D

Maroney didnt play until the second half by design...the plan was to pass early, and it worked.

as BB said, "We had the ball three times in the first half and we took it down the field and scored ...every time," said coach Bill Belichick today. "We were in a proactive mode. We were moving the ball, [so we] stayed with it"

they ran once in the first half, Evans TD and passed 25 (54 pass and 16 run for the game)

overall it was a great game to be at, edge of seat stuff, the crowd was into it and the D pulled it out

in the end and Brady made the plays when he had to....GREAT GAME ASANTE!