[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is New England Winning Yet?

Egret

At least it was a good game and congrats Whomp, good deal!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Game by the Eagles, no matte how it turns out, hats off to you guys. Our D didn't have it tonight.....Colvin (and Gay) going out didn't help either. But Feely looked good. I don't think Lewis has caught a ball in the second half....is he inj? Maybe Samuel just shut him down.

Well played game by Philly. But for one mistake by Feely...

He kept us in the game, then blew it.

To be fair, the offensive PI call on Moss in the endzone was pretty questionable.

questionable? that was downright horrible

and not to take anything away from the eagles and their o line...but i dont believe they were flagged for holdng all night...which i find hard to believe...

i was impressed by the eagles tonight

the nfl got exactly what they wanted tonight...which is why they moved the patriots to sunday night for the second week in a row...a close game in primetime...and a ratings bonanza..i can only imagine the amount of people that changed over to watch or received a call saying it was actually game and switched it....and ill say it...the officials had a say in it

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

and not to take anything away from the eagles and their o line...but i dont believe they were flagged for holdng all night...which i find hard to believe...

the nfl got exactly what they wanted tonight...which is why they moved the patriots to sunday night for the second week in a row...a close game in primetime...and a ratings bonzanza..i can only imagine the amount of people that changed over to watch or received a call saying it was actually game and switched it....and ill say it...the officials had a say in it

are you saying the officials kept the birds in it? is that really what you are saying?

Feely looked really good, but blew it big time with that awful pass. Hell, there was no reason for him to attempt that pass. No "pat on the back" to the EAgles from me. They lost and they had the chance to win. In my eyes - they gave almost all the NFL fans in the country such hope that they were going to beat the patriots then BLEW IT! It would have been much easier to take this loss if it was a blow out.

are you saying the officials kept the birds in it? is that really what you are saying?

i think it was the play before...might have been two plays before....gaffneys touchdown catch...cant remember if it was sheppard or brown...but one of em had a chunk of randys jersey ten yards downfield...and pulled it right off his shoulder pad....no flag...they even showed the replay in slow mo.....then the ref tosses a flag on the eagles when he sees gaffney ten yards behind a defender about to make a td catch

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

the nfl got exactly what they wanted tonight...which is why they moved the patriots to sunday night for the second week in a row...a close game in primetime...and a ratings bonzanza..i can only imagine the amount of people that changed over to watch or received a call saying it was actually game and switched it....and ill say it...the officials had a say in it

Compared to the ones he gets away with,it was bad.

The officials had a say ?Which way are you talking about?

A case could be made for either side,which to me means it was fair.

All in all it was great game to watch,despite the outcome.

I wonder if Maroney was out of the gameplan early because BB said he was injured last week so he didnt return because of the score,but maroney contradicted him saying he wasnt hurt.

Edited by xtra

I think this game was exactly what New England needed. A wakeup call. They've pretty much been on cruise control and that will get you killed in the playoffs. A good dose of reality will be fed to them this week in practice. I bet they learn how to cover the in-routes this week. And I hadn't seen that many drops all year.

One has to wonder if the Pats' reliance on multiple-WR sets and their lack of a power running game will come back to bit them in the arse in January. I saw a lot of dropped passes this evening in the upper 30-degree-weather. And while they've been running the ball pretty well overall this year, much of their yardage has been on draw plays and they really struggled this evening. I'm not saying that they won't be able to run the table with their current style of offense (the '96 Packers are an obvious example of a cold-weather team being able to), but watching their offensive output tonight against a good-but-not-great Eagles defense at home, I'd have to say that they look somewhat vulnerable. Home-field advantage might actually work against them this year.

One has to wonder if the Pats' reliance on multiple-WR sets and their lack of a power running game will come back to bit them in the arse in January. I saw a lot of dropped passes this evening in the upper 30-degree-weather. And while they've been running the ball pretty well overall this year, much of their yardage has been on draw plays and they really struggled this evening. I'm not saying that they won't be able to run the table with their current style of offense (the '96 Packers are an obvious example of a cold-weather team being able to), but watching their offensive output tonight against a good-but-not-great Eagles defense at home, I'd have to say that they look somewhat vulnerable. Home-field advantage might actually work against them this year.

Hard to tell if tonight was an anomoly, a great defensive gameplan and execution or a sign of things to come.

Hard to tell if tonight was an anomoly, a great defensive gameplan and execution or a sign of things to come.

Yeah, it's going to be difficult to expect Joe Average Corner to shut down Moss in the way that Lito Sheperd did tonight. The game plan an execution were obviously a significant part of Philly's defensive "success" tonight.

Yeah, it's going to be difficult to expect Joe Average Corner to shut down Moss in the way that Lito Sheperd did tonight. The game plan an execution were obviously a significant part of Philly's defensive "success" tonight.

I'm sure the patriots will be making their own adjustments after mulling over the game film this week.

eh i dunno...when they lined up in the two tight end set tonight and pounded maroney at em...he picked up some yards and ran pretty well...he even picked up a nice gain on a trap play...their problem is when they try to run zone blocking ..their offensive line as a whole just isnt atheltic enough for the scheme and it hinders maroney

i think it was the play before...might have been two plays before....gaffneys touchdown catch...cant remember if it was sheppard or brown...but one of em had a chunk of randys jersey ten yards downfield...and pulled it right off his shoulder pad....no flag...they even showed the replay in slow mo.....then the ref tosses a flag on the eagles when he sees gaffney ten yards behind a defender about to make a td catch

i guess you didnt see any NE holding in the background on replays or twitchy tom get away with pulling the eagles offsides :D

hey you guys won fair and square....we came into your house and punched you in the mouth, i just wish we could have landed the knock out blow.

Edited by keggerz

I think this game was exactly what New England needed. A wakeup call. They've pretty much been on cruise control and that will get you killed in the playoffs. A good dose of reality will be fed to them this week in practice. I bet they learn how to cover the in-routes this week. And I hadn't seen that many drops all year.

The secondary was laying some hits on them,they werent getting free open looks each time.Couple that with getting hit hard on a regular basis and the recievers had other things besides the catch on their minds this week.