[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ear Wax

isleseeya

As a diver, I use 1/4 white vinegar, 3/4 warm water and flush. Kills all the nasty's you get in your ears from the ocean and is a good cure for swimmer's ear

Sounds like one could share that recipe w/ the wife. :D

i've always heard that olive oil is a good way to clean your ears. warm it up a bit, put some in with the bulb thingy, head tilt for 10 minutes, flush with warm water using bulb thingy.
As a diver, I use 1/4 white vinegar, 3/4 warm water and flush. Kills all the nasty's you get in your ears from the ocean and is a good cure for swimmer's ear

so maybe a nice vinaigrette would work well, too :D

A guy in HS demonstrated a form of this in speech class, but the teacher wouldn't allow him to light it! :D Long story:

http://www.relfe.com/ear_candles.html

I get my ears candled about every 6 to 8 months. It's amazing what the heat draws out of there.

A guy in HS demonstrated a form of this in speech class, but the teacher wouldn't allow him to light it! :D Long story:

I dont mean to hijack this thread, but has anyone read Choke by Chuck Palahniuk? Pretty good book. One of my favorites by Palahniuk.. Anyway, some pretty descriptive pages about this procedure.

Sounds like one could share that recipe w/ the wife. :D

So no one got the joke??? Geeze...........the TG is not what it used to be. :D

Question: Do ear candles really work?

Answer: Responses from several users indicate ear candles are effective. There are frequent reports of relief from ear wax build up, ear pain, ear problems, hearing problems, ringing in the ears, sinus problems, headaches, even infection.

SEVERAL users report they work! What a ringing endorsement! :D

So no one got the joke??? Geeze...........the TG is not what it used to be. :D

We got it, it just wasn't that funny. :D

What's with using that bulb thing. Can't you just pour the liquid in? Is it the spill factor?

Q-Tips are the worst thing you can use on your ears. While you think your cleaning them, your actually pushing the wax deeper into your ear canal.

Being a life long surfer, I have had ear wax problems as have most people who spend a lot of time in the ocean. The pressure of the water and the salt and sand cause havoc on the ears. I have used the following procedure now for the past 10 years.

Buy 1 ear wash bulb (that squeezie rubber ball thing with the spout) and a bottle of peroxide.

Fill up your sink in your bathroom with warm water. Put a little peroxide in the cap of the bottle. Squeeze some of the peroxide into the ball and then with your head tilted, put a small amount of peroxide into your ear. Lay down on the bed or couch for 10 min and let the peroxide do its thing. It will bubble up quite a bit while it breaks up the wax from your ear canal. After 10 min. go into the bathroom and flush out with the warm water from the filled sink. You will be shocked at the amount wax that comes out. Repeat process a few time for each ear. I do this twice a year. The first time I did it, a ball of wax the size of a small marble came out. At that moment, it's like it was the first time hearing. Years of build-up from surfing, concerts and ear phones had made my hearing decrease and I didn't even know realize until I cleaned my ear canals.

so many suggestions ..i will have to choose from them now

Use my suggestion isleseeya. I've used it for 10 years now and it works I'm tellin' ya. I've bolded the important parts in the thread.

A couple of things of note. The peroxide loosens up the wax and the warm water is what helps push it out. Cool water will not wok. Wax is wax and the warmer the water you use, the better. Not hot water! The wax could be so built up in your canal that it is like cement. For me the first time I did it, it took a couple of times before the wax ball was freed and flushed out but when it did, whoa! I could really hear a difference. So you might have to do each ear a couple of times.

Another thing. Make sure your sink is stopped up and you flush your ears over the sink. This will help you see all the stuff that is coming out and you can get an idea on how well it's working.

This really does work.