[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush lost for the year?

#1 Niners Fan

Per rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Reggie Bush could miss the Saints' final four games due to a torn ligament in his knee.

Mort says Bush has already been diagnosed with the injury. We'll need to find out more and should shortly. Don't rush to drop Bush in fantasy leagues, but Aaron Stecker and Pierre Thomas would take over New Orleans' backfield if this news is true. Dec. 7 - 2:15 pm et

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated....

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Reggie Bush could miss the Saints' final four games due to a torn PCL in his knee.

Mort says Bush has already been diagnosed with the injury but that he's getting a second opinion from Dr. James Andreews. Don't rush to drop Bush in fantasy leagues until the Saints confirm the injury, but Aaron Stecker and Pierre Thomas would take over New Orleans' backfield if this news is true.

you know sometimes the best trades are the ones you dont make.....at the deadline I almost traded Justin Fargas away to get some LB help

current RBs are AP, Bush, Fargas and Ahmad Bradshaw.....but in PPR Bush has been very good for most of the year :D

Edited by keggerz

you know sometimes the best trades are the ones you dont make.....at the deadline I almost traded Justin Fargas away to get some LB help

current RBs are AP, Bush, Fargas and Ahmad Bradshaw.....but in PPR Bush has been very good for most of the year :D

Tell me about it, I've been telling people to shoooo all year long asking for him. Oh how I wish I had kept Marion Barber now.

Very good? He's ranked 7th amongst RBs and 17th amongst RBs AND WRs in my PPR.

But I'm not bitter or anything :D

yeah i think 7th is very good....he has only had 3 games this year that were not double digits(week 1 and the past 2 weeks where he has played hurt)

and you probably want to back out portis since his numbers are for 14 weeks :wacko: that moves bush up to 6th in my league and just 1.32pts/week from being top 5

but then again maybe its relative because i own him in a 16 team league and we can start between 1-3RBs :D

fwiw:

Westy: no single digit weeks but missed 1 week

LT: 2 single digit weeks

AP: 2 single digit weeks plus missed 2 weeks

Addai: 2 single digit weeks pluss missed 1 week

Willis: no single digit games and no games missed

Portis: 4 single digit games

Bush: 3 single digit games

Edited by keggerz

Portis: 4 single digit games

Portis is a wasted pick what with Betts' contract and last year and... errr wait.

Anyways... Thomas Jones is now my starting RB to go along with my infirm group of WRs... Fitz, Coles, Holmes, Roy W. My only team in the playoffs is like a season finale of ER when a helicopter crashes on top of everyone.

Saints coach Sean Payton confirmed Friday that Reggie Bush has a torn PCL in his left knee, but is hopeful Bush can play on Monday night.

"If you just study the history of PCL injuries, I know they vary with each player, but it is an injury that you come back from," Payton said. "We'll monitor where he's at." Bush practiced without restrictions on Thursday, but felt sore on Friday and that led to an MRI which revealed the damage. The odds still seem heavily against Bush playing versus the Falcons.

Same injury as AD, who came back after 2 weeks and Peterson had a grade 2+. If Bush is found to have a 1 or 2 grade, I don't see how he'll be out but a week or two at most.

Stecker has nice matchups this week (ATL) and next (ARI). The advantage being that he is a third down back and does catch some balls. But, honestly, after seeing the Adrian Peterson (Chi) fiasco play out on my roster last night, I couldn't bring myself to drop a 2nd defense. I may live to regret it.