[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush lost for the year?

#1 Niners Fan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say let him rest this week and he can play next week or at least in week 16

:D Yes, I'm in and playoffs don't start until next week, I still have a shot at a bye too.

This is finally my year, Reggie. Please, please be OK! Rub some dirt on it and get back in the game.

:D RUB SOME DIRT ON IT ALREADY!! :D

Dang. He's been rotating through with Westy & Portis on my 12-1 team ... Have Henry for insurance, but I'd MUCH rather have Bush in this PPR!!!!

i have LenDale White and ron dayne on my bench ,which one of those players should i drop to make room for stecker i want to pick stecker up before someone else in the playoffs in my league does just to screw me and i'm at my limit at rb and i cant place bush on the ir because he is listed as questionable right now.... thanks

Bush is fragile and a borderline bust. To think Mario Williams may very well have the better career of Vince and Bush, both of whom the Texans were rediculed for passing on, for Bush. Maybe they knew what they were doing after all.

I still say they should have drafted Bush and then traded him for 3 Mario Williamses.

And Bush's is reportedly torn? He won't be back this season....

One source is reporting that he tore it over a month ago and has been playing ever since. That might partly explain his lack of production recently.

In the day that reported ankle sprains keep you out for two months and torn a PCL tear apparently doesn't do much....I'm pretty sure no one really knows what is going on as far as his status. I swear I hear a new injury every year.

Safe to say he isn't exceedingly healthy...and likely might be out.

Edited by bushwacked

Unfortunately, this comes out after my weekly lineup is set. Got to love those short weeks when we have Thursday games!

Spurious advice probably but your league should strongly consider being able to change lineups prior to individuals games. Any other option is silly.

One source is reporting that he tore it over a month ago and has been playing ever since. That might partly explain his lack of production recently.

In the day that reported ankle sprains keep you out for two months and torn a PCL tear apparently doesn't do much....I'm pretty sure no one really knows what is going on as far as his status. I swear I hear a new injury every year.

Safe to say he isn't exceedingly healthy...and likely might be out.

That "source" is Bush himself. He said he hurt it 4 weeks ago. There is no evidence to this, other than his own opinion.

If this is to blame for his not living up to expectations, then maybe he tore it his senior year. :D

Well, this makes Stecker more attractive from a volume of touches standpoint. Also removes a playmaker from NOs offense, however, and likely changes up what not only the Saints will do but also what Atlanta may come at them with.

Anyone going with Stecker as a starter (by choice or lack thereof)??

Well, this makes Stecker more attractive from a volume of touches standpoint. Also removes a playmaker from NOs offense, however, and likely changes up what not only the Saints will do but also what Atlanta may come at them with.

Anyone going with Stecker as a starter (by choice or lack thereof)??

In Dynasty Wars, I am starting him (I had little choice - him or Betts)

Edited by Big John

Bush is fragile and a borderline bust. To think Mario Williams may very well have the better career of Vince and Bush, both of whom the Texans were rediculed for passing on, for Bush. Maybe they knew what they were doing after all.

Are you kidding me? Last year at this time what were people saying? Let's give it a year from NOW and then revisit this. Mario ended his rookie season with 4.5 sacks in 16 games started. Not exactly the 2nd coming of even Jevon Kearse. He has 8.5 sacks so far this year, and has improved significantly, but c'mon Sarge! Bush isn't the next coming of Gayle Sayers, but he certainly out performed Mario last year, and by the looks of that lethal backfield of Green/Dayne this year, the Texans could have used him...or even VY for that matter with the "only QB in the league more FRAIL" than Mark Bulger, Mr. Schaub. Mario William's problem seemed to be that he is a dumbass, and can't figure out how teams were handling him........and I while Reggie may not be Gayle Sayers....he will figure out how to make the best of his abilities in the NFL...and I can guarantee you when he's done he will have had a hell of alot more impact than a Jevon Kearse wannabee. Don't forget, HE was the #1 pick, not Reggie. Ask 100 Houston Texan fans who they'd rather have right now.....and I'd bet that while VY might top Bush.....your boy Mario would be last on that list. Yeah....they need a pash rushing force to get to Peyton Manning...nevermind that they might need to actually be able to score some points against them too. :D

Edited by Hitman

Are you kidding me? Last year at this time what were people saying? Let's give it a year from NOW and then revisit this. Mario ended his rookie season with 4.5 sacks in 16 games started. Not exactly the 2nd coming of even Jevon Kearse. He has 8.5 sacks so far this year, and has improved significantly, but c'mon Sarge! Bush isn't the next coming of Gayle Sayers, but he certainly out performed Mario last year, and by the looks of that lethal backfield of Green/Dayne this year, the Texans could have used him...or even VY for that matter with the "only QB in the league more FRAIL" than Mark Bulger, Mr. Schaub. Mario William's problem seemed to be that he is a dumbass, and can't figure out how teams were handling him........and I while Reggie may not be Gayle Sayers....he will figure out how to make the best of his abilities in the NFL...and I can guarantee you when he's done he will have had a hell of alot more impact than a Jevon Kearse wannabee. Don't forget, HE was the #1 pick, not Reggie. Ask 100 Houston Texan fans who they'd rather have right now.....and I'd bet that while VY might top Bush.....your boy Mario would be last on that list. Yeah....they need a pash rushing force to get to Peyton Manning...nevermind that they might need to actually be able to score some points against them too. :D

But that's how he has been billed. Not fair, but that's how it is. He will never live up to expectations...

Bush looks to rehab knee before season ends

Reggie Bush has not been ruled out for the remainder of this season.

The Saints tailback said Wednesday that he will continue to rehab his left knee injury and will try to return by the end of the season, if possible.

"Obviously, you don't want to rush and risk anything. But I plan to come back as soon as possible, hopefully by Chicago (on Dec. 31)," said Bush, who tore the posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee earlier this month. "I told (the Saints' decision makers) that I want to play, and I don't want to be on (injured reserve). I want to be back as soon as possible. I'm going to do everything I can."

However, Bush is still a long shot to return to the field. And surely the Saints (6-7) won't risk his health unless they have a realistic chance at the playoffs. Right now, they are one game behind Minnesota (7-6) for the sixth and final playoff spot in the NFC.

Bush and Saints Coach Sean Payton said the reports last week that he would not play again this year were premature.

"We didn't make any final decisions," said Payton, who consulted with General Manager Mickey Loomis and the Saints' medical staff among others Tuesday. "Like I said in the very beginning, when those reports came out, I thought they were a little (premature). And they still remain a little (premature) in my opinion."

PCL injuries don't require surgery, but the recovery time can vary. Typically, players are sidelined anywhere from two weeks to two months.

Bush spoke Wednesday for the first time since he learned about the torn ligament last week.

He said he doesn't know exactly when the injury occurred, though it probably happened during the Saints' 27-23 loss to Tampa Bay on Dec. 2.

Bush said he originally hurt his left knee against Jacksonville on Nov. 4, but an MRI exam at that time revealed no ligament tears.

The Saints performed another MRI last Thursday when Bush experienced soreness and swelling after practice. That's when the tear was discovered.

"It definitely limits my speed. And I'm not able to cut, off my left leg, too well," Bush explained. "It also has a tendency to give out on me sometimes when I'm running."

Bush said he had never missed a game at any level, and had a hard time watching from the sideline during Monday night's 34-14 victory at Atlanta.

"It's really frustrating," said Bush, who already was enduring the most frustrating season in his football career, struggling with fumbles and dropped passes while failing to live up to the lofty expectations that surrounded him at the start of the year.

"This kind of tops it," Bush said. "Missing my first game, not being able to be out there with my teammates. This is what I do. This is what I love to do. And the fact that I wasn't able to be out there on the field, it took a toll on me."

I am keeping him on my roster and have thus far for this very reason. Everyone reported he was out for the year, yet the Saints didn't put him on IR. My local championship is week 17, no way I'm dropping him.

Quite a different story from what was being reported earlier this week about Bush & the Saints being at odds about him playing. What is with all the mis-information reporters are putting out this year?

Edited by rajncajn

Per a headline on wwltv.com (I'm guessing it came from today's press conference)...

Head coach Sean Payton says that Reggie Bush could play this Sunday. He will be evaluated on Wednesday, but the rehab is going well.
Edited by myhousekey

New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush rested on Thursday. He went through individual drills, but did not participate in the team portion of practice. HC Sean Payton said that's not necessarily a bad sign, but Bush's status for Sunday's game against Philadelphia remains "questionable". "I think part of our plan was getting a good day's work Wednesday," Payton said of Bush. "We'll see where we're at today. It's too early to say." Bush said he felt good after Wednesday and remains optimistic that he might be able to return to the field Sunday. In other news, TE Eric Johnson (groin) also missed Thursday's practice. DE Renaldo Wynn (toe) fully participated