[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kid betime routines

T_bone65

I was just putting my 2.5 y/o daughter to bed and was just thinking about how cool it is to have a routine with her every night that she so thourghly enjoys. Every night we do bath time around 7 till about 7:30 and then after she gets dressed we read books and sing songs until she is so tired she asks to be put in her crib. We have been reading the Night Before Christmas since September or so and she asks for that book every single night. I have read it so many times I know the entire book by heart and it never ever gets old. Then we have to sing Happy Birthday, Blah Blah black sheep :D, are you sleeping and jingle bells. I just wish these days will never end, considering my son is already 17 and the time flew by. All the new fathers here just cherish these moments for as long as possible.

That is all

Sounds familiar. The main difference with my kids routine is that I have to stay in the room with them for a pre-negotiated amount of time to tell an impromtu story that we make up as we go along. Sometimes its "two kitty cats finding food." The cats stumble upon different boxes of shapes and colors, and the kids get to make up what the cats find inside the boxes when they open them. Sometimes its another chapter in the on-going saga of "Turgo Burgo the Pirate and his band of brigands." Turgo Bugro is usually looting something, though lately its been a "Turgo Burgo Christmas." (What *do* you get the the pirate that just loots everything he wants? My son says: a new sword. My daughter says: a new lamp). We've also been doing the advent calendar, which is fun.

My 2 year old wants to talk about the events of the next day before he will lay down. So I'll go in and we'll talk about what we will be doing together the next day.

I built him this little wooden table for the garage, and he calls it his little snack table. So we have to go to the garage every day with crackers and ice water and sit by the little snack table to eat.

Someone stop time now!!

Someone stop time now!!

I hated the first year (at least, those portions that I can remember of it). But 2 1/2 to present (3-1/2) has been the most awsomest. I love this age. I'm soaking up every moment I can... before they have myspace pages, cell phones, and birth control devices.

My 3-1/2 year old son... the greatest human being I have ever met... nothing better than this age right now!

He picked this up from a Calliou episode... before going to sleep we have to say to each other in unison, "Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!" :D

My 3-1/2 year old son... the greatest human being I have ever met... nothing better than this age right now!

He picked this up from a Calliou episode... before going to sleep we have to say to each other in unison, "Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!" :D

Sometimes I just want to smack the hell out of Calliou.

Someone stop time now!!

i think this every day. ours turns 3 next month. we've read "olivia and the missing toy" so many times that she has now memorized it and it to us in her paraphrased toddler language. i've been told it gets even better, but i can't imagine that.

You guys are just trying to show off with your bedtime routines for your kids. My 9 and 7 year old go to bed with "On Demand TV" usually Star Wars, Click, or some other comedy. :D:D Oh and they like to steal pop from the fridge after I go to bed. :wacko: I still wouldn't trade it for anything but it's funny how things change a bit when they get older.

My 3.5 year old daughter on the other hand likes to lay down with mommy or daddy and just love, sing songs, cheer, and occasionally read until she falls asleep which is a stark change from the days events when she tells us what to do, refuses to listen, and terrorizes the house. :D Again I wouldn't change any of it as her multiple personalities are all fun to witness.