[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SNL characters

zmanzzzz

25) Nick The Lounge Singer- played by Bill Murray --- Bill would have us rolling up in down in our chairs with the questions he asked, and the location of where he was didn't matter. This reminded me the most of those comedians who quite haven't made it yet.

24) Emily Litela- played by Gilda Radner --- the sweetheart of the show, Gilda, who designed this character based on her grandmother, always misunderstood what Chevy would say. Funniest time this may have happened was her editorial on "busting" schoolchildren, when it was supposed to be "bussing."

23) Father Guido Sarducci- played by Don Novello --- the smoking and swearing priest. Don's recurring characters that went on for nearly a decade on the show. One of his funniest sketches was "Father Guido Sarducci's Guide to Bocci Ball." I don't think I've seen anything funnier of his than this.

22) The Richmeister- played by Rob Schneider --- "Makin' Copies!" Rob would always exclaim as someone entered the room. It was kind of the same thing over again, but for some reason they made it new every time. The best moment of this sketch was when he was used during a "LA Law" parody sketch.

21) Mr. Robinson- played by Eddie Murphy --- the star of the show in the early 80's, this was one of his most known characters. The spinoff of Mr. Rogers, he always managed to get himself in trouble. Most memorable moment I could think of would be when Mr. T from the show "A-Team" made a cameo and beat up on Eddie.

20) The Spartans- played by Will Ferrell and Cheri Oteri --- the most polpular sketch of the new cast. It was different, new, but surprisingly reminisced of Todd and Lisa (played by Bill and Gilda). It was a dream for will and Cheri to have Paula Abdul come on in a sketch, and she did, just to help the squad out.

19) The Anal Retentive Chef- played by Phil Hartman --- cooking Pepper Steaks was Phil's dig in this silly sketch of a chef who couldn't stand to have a mess or be disorganized.

18) Nat X- played by Chris Rock --- by far his biggest role, he had the most fun with this because he got to poke fun at white people. Most memorable moment was when he told Cheri Oteri to sit her white ass down.

17) Tommy "The Liar" Flanagan- played by Jon Lovitz --- That's right, I was masturbating, yea, with Pamela Anderson. Yea! That's the ticket! For 5 seasons, Lovitz picked up more women that I ever have. The catchphrases were ridiculous and hilarious. My favorite line was a bit with Jerry Hall back in 1986-

Jerry Hall: You know Mick Jagger?

Tommy Flanagan: Yeah. We were in Vietnam together. In fact, I saved his life.

Jerry Hall: He was never in 'Nam.

Tommy Flanagan: That's how I saved his life - I talked him out of going!

16) The Coneheads- played by Dan Aykroyd, Laraine Newman, and Jane Curtain --- Beldar and Prymaat, along with daughter Connie confused us for years with their "French" accent. Trying to communicate to Remulak was difficult, and giving away Halloween treats was a difficult time to; I don't recall anyone giving me beer and chicken embryos.

15) Olympia's Restaurant- played by Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, John Belushi --- Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger! No Pepsi! With such an "extensive" menu. The boys flipped burgers for 4 years with nothing on the grill, but, you guessed it, cheeseburgers.

14) Fernando- played by Billy Crystal --- Fernando would stick his nose where it doesn't belong. His inquisitive words would always almost get him in trouble, and his most famous interview had to be with Beatle's drummer Ringo Starr.

13) Buckwheat- played by Eddie Murphy --- Eddie Murphy and his one man show. Buckwheat would always sing for us, though we may not understand what exactly he was saying.

12) Mr. Subliminal- played by Kevin Nealon --- This is one of my more favorite characters. He tried relentlessly to pick up women in his first 1986 "hot sex" appearance, and then he just continued to go on, even calling Nancy Reagan a slut.

11) Festrunk Brothers- played by Dan Aykroyd and Steve Martin --- these "swinging" guys brought them and their "bulges" into America to find some big American breasts! The senior viewers like myself could see a distinct resemblance between these characters and the Roxbury Guys.

10) Dieter- played by Mike Myers --- I was watching SNL the other day, and this sketch came on that I didn't even think about compiling in this list. This is one of the funniest sketches I've ever seen. He'd always interrupt someone else who was speaking and say, "Your story has grown tiresome. Now is the time on "Sprockets" ven ve dance." This was Mike's first breakout role, and yes, even before Wayne's World.

9) Synchronized Swimmers- played by Harry Shearer and Martin Short --- Although a very short lived recurring, this was one of the high points of the very funny 1984 season. There's something about seeing Harry and Martin acting like idiots in a pool that makes me laugh.

8) Coffee Talk with Linda Richman- played by Mike Myers --- I still get shpilkes in his genecktageesoink when I think about this sketch. The most obsessed fan with Barbara Streisand would have to be Linda.

7) Roseanne Roseannadanna- played by Gilda Radner --- I still can't get over how funny this woman was. She would sit behind the Update desk with her little brown hair, and her teeny tiny shoes, and use her little itsy mouth to make fun of big butt Jane Curtain. This was one of the best in the 70's.

6) Samurai- played by John Belushi --- wherever he would be, no matter who he was serving on, he would always manage to tear the place apart. Samurai Deli has to be the best one in my book.

5) Stuart Smalley- played by Al Franken --- Al is the most smart comedian I've ever seen; he's so smart with his work and was responsible for some of the most deep thought and historical sketches on the show. He's smart, enough, good enough, and dog-gone-it, I like him, as in comedian, that is.

4) Matt Foley- played by Chris Farley --- this is just Chris being himself; outrageous. His motivation has led me to buy a van down by the river. His most memorable Matt Foley had to be with Christina Applegate back in 1993.

3) Church Lady- played by Dana Carvey --- Well isn't that special. Dana played this devil's advocate for 6 years, and always managed to get in a fight with the guest. His most memorable sketch was when Sean Penn was a guest, and she grilled him on being married to Madonna, and how her name was very religious yet she gives it a "whoreish" name.

2) Leon Phelps- played by Tim Meadows --- Tim was one of the most underrated performers ever on the show. He really didn't have too many recurring characters, and it's too bad this one came at the latter time on the show. "Scaredy Wang", "Chronic Wangular Disease", and "Old Man's penis" were just some of the names he would come out with. This really was the best sketch the last 3 years while he was on SNL.

And the #1 Recurring Character is…

1) Wayne's World- played by Mike Myers and Dana Carvey --- when it first aired, fans thought the sketch was horrible, but as it went on it grew to many people's liking, especially when super rocking band Aerosmith made a cameo. Top 10 was always a favorite on the show too. And, it was the only recurring character sketch that made 2 spinoff movies (except Blues Brothers).

There are lots missing. Church Lady? Caveman lawyer? Matt Foley? Bad bad bad list. whoever wrote this is awful.

Matt foley was actually on the list ,...but do agree others could be added and are missing

Loved Will ferrell and Cherie oteri as the nerdy cheerleaders

at the swim meet :

" Taco's , Burritos

whats coming out of your speedo's

You got problems "

THis list is wack: I'm not sure what hisname would be, but Aykroyd's recurring schtick of selling "Johnny Invisible Pedestrian" costumes or other items that didn't pass basic safety concerns, played opposite Jane Curtin's interview is a big omission. But they got Tim Meadows.

Here's the guy: E Buzz Miller http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/#mea=2381

Also, like her or not no Amy Poehler's "Rick!Rick!Rick!" little girl is bs as well.

Chevy Chase as Ford?