[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK NE fans spin this

keggerz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys need to pull your heads out of your asses. Your constant attack of the Patriots has long grown tiresome. You guys are saying its classless to leave Moss and Brady in, but what about all the home town fans? Did you ever think that maybe they wanted the records to be set at home in front of their fans? Of course not, because you guys are freaking blind. The patriots are better than your favorite team. Get over it.

If I was a Pats fan, I'd be furious that Brady was still in in a meaningless game that's already over. :D

If I was a Pats fan, I'd be furious that Brady was still in in a meaningless game that's already over. :D

i would too considering he was forcing long throws to moss and getting hit a number of times in the process. but hey.. those records are a hell of a lot more important than winning some super bowl.

i'll be honest.. i dont even watch their games and root for the other team anymore.. i like it when the pats are on offense and brady gets to throw. the only thing i find myself yelling during their games is "kill brady".. i think thats why they are getting so such good ratings lately.. everybody knows they will probably win, but what keeps people watching is that slight possibility in everyone's minds that brady is going to get his a$$ kicked because of his team's arrogance. there is an entirely different appeal for people to watch this year's patriots compared to the colts of 2005.

i'll be honest.. i dont even watch their games and root for the other team anymore..

wow, thats really to bad. you call yourself a football fan? honestly, if the Steelers where 15-0

i would want to see EVERY game to see if and how they win.

i like it when the pats are on offense and brady gets to throw. the only thing i find myself yelling during their games is "kill brady".. i think thats why they are getting so such good ratings lately.. everybody knows they will probably win, but what keeps people watching is that slight possibility in everyone's minds that brady is going to get his a$$ kicked because of his team's arrogance. childish remark....the ratings are so high because fans of the game want to see history made or not made. has nothing to do with wishing injuries on players.

and you say 'arrogance'? you know nothing about killer instinct and burying you opponent when it comes to playing sports. Full Throttle, Full Time! 60 Minute Men!

there is an entirely different appeal for people to watch this year's patriots compared to the colts of 2005.

correct. this years Patriots are far and away a better team, with the opportunity to set many different

NFL records. Historical season. but you're a football fan! so i'm sure theres nothing anyone can tell you,

you already know everything, right? keep sleeping while history is made. when you wake up, you'l just

be further behind the times.....

since i couldnt quote your responses to jjpro, I will just quote you above so you know this is directed towards you....

you do realize that a large portion of patriot "hate" on this board and MANY others is because of loud mouth arrogant blah blah blah etc fans like you....There are a bunch of PATS FANS here that I have respect for and that can "win with class"(Caveman_Nick, MSaint, ViG & Czarina just to name a few)....but posters like you, Ugly Tuna etc(you know who you are and so does your own fan base) make it easy to "hate" the Pats.

Yes I have been guilty of some fishing expeditions but fishing has been a part of this board for a very long time and is always done in jest...It is very easy to tell when I am fishing or not and if you are not sure then just ask.

You weren't here when the steelers won the super bowl to live thru the "Menudo Period" but even that pales in comparison to what you guys do for the pats....Menudo may annoy some with his poems and steeler love but he never gets into the name calling and crap that you and certain others infest this board with....the best thing i could tell you is to learn how to win and be a part of a community(see your other pats fans as examples) hopefully in the future when another team replaces the pats at the top of the heap you wont have to endure actions from their fans like you make us all endure.

Thank you and Merry Christmas

Read my sig and realize he admitted he didn't break it.

Pretty much like Brett Favre saying he is not the QB Dan Marino was and Emmitt honoring Walter Payton by saying similar things.

Most of these players hate loud mouthed fans' false bravado as much as we do.

Thank you and Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you too Mr keggerz

i'm not taking anything away from Jerry Rice...he deserves it all. just sayin' what Brady/Moss

are doing has never been done before....

as far as your other comments, well, maybe you are fishing, dunno.

but, you must be BLIND with HATE, to not see the bashing the Patriots are given

on this board no matter what any Patriots fan says or doesnt say. just look at the thread titles

started by Patriot Haters, unprovoked and started from pure ignorance and hate.

are you going to tell me those threads were started because of me or any other Patriots fan

here who sticks up for and defends his team?....dont give us that much power.

find me the threads i started that are pure bs, like the hate threads started about Bradys hair

or Bradys a fraud or all the ignorant cheating bs (look at your own sig).

i'm a Patriots FANatic...i will defend my team win, lose or draw. if somebody is going to dish it out

i'm going to throw it right back in their face, if i feel like it at the time. its called smack. if you take

it personally, thats your problem or anybody elses that does too...

i'm sure i made a slamming comment or two about some players in good fun, but thats not my mo.

now compare that to the bs that idiots put out there....then you'l understand why some members

get slammed by me.....for the most part i dont slam players, i respect them and the game.

and i know this is your 'home' and i dont mean to, and have not, disrespected it. but i will defend

my team. thats what a fan does.

and dont forget, this is the internet, if you dont like it, close your browser.

and a Happy New Year!...GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

Assuming Brady breaks the record (and given the shameless manner in which they're going after it, I wouldn't be surprised), it will certainly be a fine accomplishment. None the less, it's ultimately only worth as much as people care about it. It really seems as if the manner in which NE is conducting themselves this year will cost them as much goodwill as the records will gain. This is not a bitter fan's perspective, rather an unbiased fan of the game. I wasn't predisposed to hating the Pats this year. I don't typically root against dominant teams. So jerk-offs like pig-devils, etc can't write the fact that I couldn't care less about whether Brady breaks this record or not as anything other than a reaction to how they conduct themselves. Well, that and the fact that I have never encountered as big a crew of dipsheights as many of the NE Pats fans around here conduct themselves. My team's the freaking 49ers. That means, 1) I've been there before and know what it's like to have your team own the NFL and 2) It's not like I had any delusions of competing for the SB this year. So, cross off "Dude's a fan of Indy, Pitt, SD, Dallas, what have you and is afraid of NE winning instead of my team" as well.

Actually, I rooted for NE when they beat the Rams in the bowl. I've certainly not actively rooted against them prior to this year and, you know what, I'm not even rooting against them this year either. Sorry to say, but I just don't care. They seem to be pleased enough with themselves. They don't seem to care about tradition or class, so they're just another team that happens to win all their games. Yesterday afternoon, I watched my new AC/DC DVD rather than the Dolphins game. It was rad.

I can see when somebody is throwing the ball around the yard to pad his stats. Who knows how many Manning would have had if Indy would have played it the same way in 2005. It has been very well documented how many more TD passes Brady has thrown when the game was essentially over than Manning did. Down the stretch, Manning was one TD away with the Ball at the Balt 10. Manning took a knee. Honestly, based on what I have seen, I really can't imagine seeing NE do that.

Honestly, I am very impressed by what NE is doing to the league this year. Should they go 19-0, I can't think of an argument against them being thought of as one of, if not the single greatest teams. Brady is the obvious MVP. However, I can't shake the fact that this is something that interested me with other teams and doesn't really fire me up with these guys. I can't think of another reason besides the fact that they've brought that upon themselves.

I know, I know, you don't want or need my approval. Believe me, I know.

Merry Christmas to you too Mr keggerz

i'm not taking anything away from Jerry Rice...he deserves it all. just sayin' what Brady/Moss

are doing has never been done before....

as far as your other comments, well, maybe you are fishing, dunno.

but, you must be BLIND with HATE, to not see the bashing the Patriots are given

on this board no matter what any Patriots fan says or doesnt say. just look at the thread titles

started by Patriot Haters, unprovoked and started from pure ignorance and hate.

are you going to tell me those threads were started because of me or any other Patriots fan

here who sticks up for and defends his team?....dont give us that much power.

find me the threads i started that are pure bs, like the hate threads started about Bradys hair

or Bradys a fraud or all the ignorant cheating bs (look at your own sig).

i'm a Patriots FANatic...i will defend my team win, lose or draw. if somebody is going to dish it out

i'm going to throw it right back in their face, if i feel like it at the time. its called smack. if you take

it personally, thats your problem or anybody elses that does too...

i'm sure i made a slamming comment or two about some players in good fun, but thats not my mo.

now compare that to the bs that idiots put out there....then you'l understand why some members

get slammed by me.....for the most part i dont slam players, i respect them and the game.

and i know this is your 'home' and i dont mean to, and have not, disrespected it. but i will defend

my team. thats what a fan does.

and dont forget, this is the internet, if you dont like it, close your browser.

and a Happy New Year!...GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

What you don't realize is that you are fertilizing a field that has been well manure upon by obnoxious Patriot fans before you, most prominently UT.

Amazing. That's it... just amazing. Here's the thing – it is clearly not enough for many New England fans and their media to have the best team in the NFL, but they HAVE to think that everyone else in the civilized world thinks so to. I have never witnessed a fan base so intolerant (and frankly childish) regarding their team's success and place in sports history - and I have lived in more states/cities than most people have ever visited.

And please stop with the "even when or if the Pats weren't winning, I still love the NFL and root for other teams and players... blah, blah, blah." Nothing could be further from the truth and it comes across as disingenuous. I lived in New England during the 70's and 80's and can tell you from experience that precious few Pats fans were rooting for the Dolphins, Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys, etc. At best they ignored other teams/players – at worst they cursed them openly. And guess what – that’s no different than most other sports towns across the country.

I am so tired of reading, seeing, and being bludgeoned with how “great” the Patriots are. It has turned me off to the NFL in some respects – “America’s Team II” my a$$. That’s like inventing a “Dream Team II”. Um, no. There was only one.

I still enjoy playing fantasy very much, but as far as the actual teams – bah. The NFL has succeeded in beating the fun and individuality out of the league. It’s all about money and rooting for a uniform and if that floats your boat, there’s a game on the NFL Network with your name all over it.

Pretty much like Brett Favre saying he is not the QB Dan Marino was and Emmitt honoring Walter Payton by saying similar things.

Most of these players hate loud mouthed fans' false bravado as much as we do.

I wish Favre would admit that he layed down for Strahan to get his single season sack record. Poor Mark Gastineau had to watch it all unfold live.

People who hate the Patriots and start threads like this are as annoying as the homers on this board.

The NFL Network commercial in the diner nails it: the one with the guy talking about the amazing Patriots accomplishments, and their great players, and total dominance of opponents, etc., and ends with "Man, I hope the Giants win".

Objective fans are amazed at how good this team is, but there is something about these guys and their us against the world mentality that annoys most.

Objective fans are amazed at how good this team is, but there is something about these guys and their us against the world mentality obsession with running up the score that annoys most.

Fixed

Being a Colts fan, I'll never LIKE the Patriots. But I at least came around to respecting them a few years ago. I even learned to like Belichick. But much of that goodwill has been lost this season. Not that the Pats or their fans should care, but I believe that quite a few people out there agree with me.'

Assuming that they go on to win the SB, they're the best team I've ever seen and probably the best ever. I just wish that they would've chosen to handle their business the right way. A failure to out-score the '99 Vikings or surpass Peyton and Jerry Rice's TD records wouldn't have made them any less of a team in my mind.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I wish Favre would admit that he layed down for Strahan to get his single season sack record. Poor Mark Gastineau had to watch it all unfold live.

Looking back on that play I'm not sure if Brett had tried getting away he would have. He was going in Strahan's direction and Strahan is pretty athletic.

But it was a lay down to be sure.

i've always been a believer that records should be broken within the normal flow of the game. i thought the strahan play was stupid and i think brady forcing long throws to moss with the game in hand was stupid. go ahead and risk getting hurt because you are running a deep pattern and allowing the pass rush more time to hit you. thats just not smart football to be quite honest, it shows how much arrogance belichick has for leaving basically his "super bowl ticket", in the game that long and running those plays. if your up 20-30 points late in the 4th quarter, its rather common in the nfl to pull your quarterback and run the ball out.. yeah.. i know.. if you dont want them to score then stop them. blah blah blah. but when it comes down to it, it just looks rather pathetic to press for records.. if that was the case, brady would probably be chasing 60 touchdowns.. not 49. brady and moss can go ahead and get their records, but all the respect wont be there because people have seen time and time again thanks to national television just when they are getting all those touchdowns.