[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Great Children's show

AtomicCEO

I've been sticking to PBS Sprout, and haven't ventured out much into Nick or Disney or Boom or whatever. My 2 year old kid has a bit of an Elmo addiction, and other than that it's really just Thomas the Tank and Bob the Builder.

But someone at a New Years party heavily recommended "Yo Gabba Gabba" on Nick Jr., and I checked out an episode from OnDemand today.

Big fan. :D

Everything is a little bit hip hop, and a little bit Japanese weird, but it's definitely a wholesome accessible kids show. It's a little Pee Wee's Playhouse, and a little Parappa the Rapper, with a Ninetendo 8-bit style and a graffiti artist vibe. It's got crazy famous guests on every episode like Mark Mothersbaugh, Biz Markee, Elijah Wood...

My kid watched the whole thing with me. We learned about Christmas. I've been finding more clips on YouTube today.

Great beats. Awesome songs. Ska, funk, it's all there. Savage, if you're reading this, I think you'll be into it.

The Show's opening sequence

I always wondered what happened to Rog from What's Happening. :D

I was first introduced to this show by watching E and seeing The Soup make fun of some of the kids and the way they dance. Shortly thereafter I had someone forward an email with a clip of one of the monsters singing about a party in his tummy. :wacko:

I don't know... most kids' shows make me want to slice my eyeballs up with a fine blade... this one is no exception, but I've definitely seen worse. :D My son hasn't discovered this show yet... he's into Naruto and Avatar (anything with Ninja's). :D Here's hoping it stays that way. :D

There's no doubt that the messages conveyed in the show are great for character building and useful for developing and encouraging respectful social interaction and using proper manners. The show also, as you said, has some great music intertwined throughout. However, the guy who runs the show and dresses in orange (DJ somethingorother), drives me absolutely bananas!!! I can't stand watching his body or facial expressions for more than... well I can't stand it at all. He's as flaming as they come and flaunts it about. It's all good if you choose to play for the other team or even if you're a switch hitter as that's your own business. But I was always skeeved (sp?) when a guy acted overly feminine flailing about all over the joint and this guy fits that description to a T. I think I'd take Barney and his crew over DJ ? and his 5 creatures any day.

But as Atomic said the kids love the show. My kids, daughter especially, can't stop singing the frigin' songs. "There's a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy!"

The green monster with the long arms is kinda odd too. I think his name is Grobey.

Edited by irish

There's no doubt that the messages conveyed in the show are great for character building and useful for developing and encouraging respectful social interaction and using proper manners. The show also, as you said, has some great music intertwined throughout. However, the guy who runs the show and dresses in orange (DJ somethingorother), drives me absolutely bananas!!! I can't stand watching his body or facial expressions for more than... well I can't stand it at all. He's as flaming as they come and flaunts it about. It's all good if you choose to play for the other team or even if you're a switch hitter as that's your own business. But I was always skeeved (sp?) when a guy acted overly feminine flailing about all over the joint and this guy fits that description to a T.

His name is DJ Steady Rock.

And you're queerer than a 3 dollar bill. Don't point the gayfinger, because it will always point right back at you.

His name is DJ Steady Rock.

And you're queerer than a 3 dollar bill. Don't point the gayfinger, because it will always point right back at you.

Easy now. I'm just a bit bitter as they passed me up for him when we both auditioned for the role. They said I didn't have that special twinkle in my eye :wacko: or as tight a sphincter. :D:D

meh....doesn't have half the cache as assfinger.

No it doesn't.

Word Girl is the $hit around here. Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy has a pretty good rap song and a nice impala looking thing.

Although I'm not comfortable with Beck's little brother's clearly incestual yearnings for Becky.

Edited by Clubfoothead

Easy now. I'm just a bit bitter as they passed me up for him when we both auditioned for the role. They said I didn't have that special twinkle in my eye :wacko: or as tight a sphincter. :D:D

No it doesn't.

Why so homophobic?

Why so homophobic?

Not me. I've taken the glisten training. I respect the rights of all individuals to choose or live their lives the way it was genetically mapped out. :D

There's no doubt that the messages conveyed in the show are great for character building and useful for developing and encouraging respectful social interaction and using proper manners. The show also, as you said, has some great music intertwined throughout. However, the guy who runs the show and dresses in orange (DJ somethingorother), drives me absolutely bananas!!! I can't stand watching his body or facial expressions for more than... well I can't stand it at all. He's as flaming as they come and flaunts it about. It's all good if you choose to play for the other team or even if you're a switch hitter as that's your own business. But I was always skeeved (sp?) when a guy acted overly feminine flailing about all over the joint and this guy fits that description to a T. I think I'd take Barney and his crew over DJ ? and his 5 creatures any day.

But as Atomic said the kids love the show. My kids, daughter especially, can't stop singing the frigin' songs. "There's a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy!"

The green monster with the long arms is kinda odd too. I think his name is Grobey.

Easy now. I'm just a bit bitter as they passed me up for him when we both auditioned for the role. They said I didn't have that special twinkle in my eye :D or as tight a sphincter. :D:wacko:

No it doesn't.

Not me. I've taken the glisten training. I respect the rights of all individuals to choose or live their lives the way it was genetically mapped out. :D

:D

I just picture you talking like this guy

when you talk about someone who may be gay.

Edit: That's Mr. Roper from Three's Company for the yungins or mis-informed.

Edited by Egret

You have a creative imagination. I definitely joke around about sexual preference from time to time, much like the rest of society. But in reality, I've had and have gay family members, one of whom died of AIDS. So when push comes to shove, I take it pretty seriously as it hits home hard.

You have a creative imagination. I definitely joke around about sexual preference from time to time, much like the rest of society. But in reality, I've had and have gay family members, one of whom died of AIDS. So when push comes to shove, I take it pretty seriously as it hits home hard.

Fair enough. I'm not a big fan of homophobia or basing a group people from stereotypes. Thinking that people who are gay have a special twinkle in their eye or are flaming seemed a bit homophobic to me.

Fair enough. I'm not a big fan of homophobia or basing a group people from stereotypes. Thinking that people who are gay have a special twinkle in their eye or are flaming seemed a bit homophobic to me.

Did you compose the music for Menudo's video collage. :D

To be honest with you it does irk me a bit when a guy is extremely feminine but that's just my own personal feeling and one of my own hang ups. The rest of what I said about twinkling eyes and such was just joking. I apologize if i offended you as that wasn't my intent. It may be the case that I just went a bit overboard in my description of the guy on the show. Out of everyone on this board, I would be the least homophobic because of my life experiences. However, my anger toward how/why my Uncle passed sometimes comes through as being homophobic when that's not the case at all. And as I mentioned, I went through the Glisten (sp?) training which the public employees in my district had to attend. It was definitely an eye opener in terms of preparing us for what's coming down the road.

Edit: That's Mr. Roper from Three's Company for the yungins or mis-informed.

I used to love when Mr Roper had a good enough zinger that made him stare right into the camera and laugh..Classic Norman Fell right there..