[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going in for Lasik tomorrow...

Jimmy Neutron

I really need to grow a set, save some money and get this done as well as I can't see for crappola! I've heard nothing but positive things about the procedure. Quick, painless, great vision in the end and regrets about not doing it sooner.

Good Luck with the procedure tomorrow Jimmy. I'm sure all will go well and you'll be feeling similar things to the comments I mentioned above.

So nobody's been, like, blinded by this procedure, right? :D

It can happen but is extremely rare.

I'll be sending vibes and prayers your way for a speedy recovery. :D

So nobody's been, like, blinded by this procedure, right? :D

Like I've said before, it is the single best thing I've ever done for myself. Just remember to use the drops a lot afterwards and all will be well.

We've been telling you this for a while now.

Hey, slow and steady wins the race. No? :D

Thanks, all. Everything was just as you said - painless and well worth it. I have a little redisual blurriness and some halo effect with night lights, but the doc says those issues will subside.

Very cool. :D

Cool Jimmy. Maybe next time I come out you'll be able to find me easier. :D

:D No..... I do.

Well that's good. Here's a feather for your cap. :D

Glad to hear that all went well Jimmy. :wacko:

Glad everything went well. What did it cost ya? Just wish my insurance would cover it. :D

Thankfully, this was my graduation gift from my folks. It was $3900 for Wave Front lasik with iris registration - supposedly one of the better types of lasik. :D

Keep an eye on your insurance - many are starting to cover partial lasik.

Glad everything went well. What did it cost ya? Just wish my insurance would cover it. :D

Why would insurance cover it? That's just bad business. It's not affecting your health.

You want miracles? I give you the F.S.A...

(Yes, that was a half-assed Die Hard reference... deal with it)

Pre-tax money to cover the cost of lasik. In real money it saves you 30-40%.

Why would insurance cover it? That's just bad business. It's not affecting your health.

Having never had to wear glasses/contacts, does health insurance typically pay for optometrist vistis? If insurance does, I'm wondering if the costs of glasses, optometrist appts, etc over the life of a person costs the insurance company more than partial lasik surgery.

Having never had to wear glasses/contacts, does health insurance typically pay for optometrist vistis? If insurance does, I'm wondering if the costs of glasses, optometrist appts, etc over the life of a person costs the insurance company more than partial lasik surgery.

Only vision insurance covers optometrist visits. It's an additional cost about regular medical, like dental insurance.

And insurance partially covers the cost of glasses every few years, but in my experience... it's cheaper to get your glasses from a discount place that doesn't take insurance than to try to find some expensive place where your insurance is accepted.

P.S. Having lasik is no guarantee that your eyes won't degrade further over time, and you'll need glasses again in 10 years.

Edited by AtomicCEO