[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Children of Men

cliaz

WOW!

I did not expect a movie that was original and powerful as that. Remember the first time you saw the matrix and did not know what it was about and how you felt after leaving the theater?

time that by 100.

This has to be the best movie of the past 10 years by far.

Too much pink sugar or something for me as I am having a hard time remembering what the movie was about. I know that my wife and I both liked it and I am thinking that I liked it more than her but it sucks that I can not remember the damn movie.

This has to be the best movie of the past 10 years by far.

I actually thought it was a big disappointment. It could have been a GREAT film, but fell way short of its potential. I'd expound, but I'm tired and pissed off at the moment. . .

I actually thought it was a big disappointment. It could have been a GREAT film, but fell way short of its potential. I'd expound, but I'm tired and pissed off at the moment. . .

wow, really? The acting was fantastic, the story was awesome and the camera work and sets were the best without millions of dollars in CGI. Hell the scenes with the car on the road that gets jumped was 3:13 minutes long and all one cut, same with the battle scene at end. It was all one long 6:00 minute scene with hundreds of people fighting in different areas.

amazing movie. I give it two midget butts :D

I sort of agree with this--but only to the extent that I think the film didn't live up to its potential--I still think the film was ok. (I think reading the book "The Road" a few months before I saw "Children of Men" took some of the impact away from the movie.)

+1 to a point. I'm not tired nor pissed off though. :D

Sorry cliaz, to compare this in any way to The Matrix just isn't right.

Great premise, some decent scenes (and camera action, as you noted).... but... meh.

+1 to a point. I'm not tired nor pissed off though. :D

Sorry cliaz, to compare this in any way to The Matrix just isn't right.

Great premise, some decent scenes (and camera action, as you noted).... but... meh.

agree, sort of. I liked it, thought it was a solid flick.

BUT to compare it to the Matrix is ridiculous.

The wife and I couldn't follow what was going on, it was late and we weren't into it so we shut it off after about 45 mins, we rated it as one of the worst movies we'd ever rented.

It was a very well done, entertaining movie. Good film should evoke powerful reactions. Children of Men certain did that: it was extraordinarily bleak. It was Dostefsky-esque. But that usually isn't a good recipe for box office success or popular appeal.

Edited by yo mama