[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo Vacationing in Mexico during Bye Week

WorstCoachingEver

Heard on Sporting News Radio that Tony Romo & Jessica Simpson were vacationing THIS BYE WEEK in Mexico.

I hope he drinks the water. I can see the headline now:

"GIANTS WIN WITH HELP OF MONTEZUMA'S REVENGE"

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you suppose Brady, P Manning, & Favre spent the week doing?

Romo isn't a wide-eyed rookie. He's been in the league 5 years now. His team's last playoff loss was directly due to his inability to perform a simple task on the field.

He can dip his wick all February, March, April, & May before he moves on to the next flavor-of-the-year celebrity babe. He ought to be bearing down & getting damn serious about his job right now.

Ah, well, if E Manning outperforms him and the Giants somehow manage to beat DAL, it ought to make for some good press afterwards.

That Romo didn't spend every waking hour looking at film and practicing? They obviously had a few days off. Some spent those days at home with the family, he hopped on a private jet, took 1 hour plane ride to Mexico and chilled out for a few days. I really doubt he spent all week there. I can't imagine how this will have any impact whatsoever on the game next weekend. I mean, he could have rolled down there from Tues until Friday and still had an entire week to prepare for the game. How much film can you really watch? Certainly no time to be hitting the weights hard. What's he supposed to do for two weeks? Meditate? Get all freaking worked up? This is the QB we're talking about here. You want that guy rolling into the huddle nice and chill.

How much film can you really watch?

Like I said earlier - ask P Manning, Brady, & Favre that question. They've all had a lot more experience at this situation than Romo.

No one is saying that guys need to be watching film 20 hours a day for 13 days. But figuring that for this weekend's games, a team with a bye ought to have its game plan in by Wednesday at the latest, with the last 2 days being walk-through/special teams stuff. Film study should have started in the middle of last week at the latest.

Hey, if DAL wins, it's no big deal. But don't think there won't be questions asked of Romo if NY manages an upset - and those will be legitimate questions. If Romo is a pro, he ought to have his head around the game and not between Jessica's legs for a week at this time of the year.

Film study should have started in the middle of last week at the latest.

Film study of what? Dallas didn't find out who they were playing until yesterday...and, maybe it's just me, but I thought the bye week gave the players, especially the injured players, a chance to relax and heal up a bit before the playoffs 'start' for their team...

On a completely different note concerning the off-season BB, how's Satan's team doing? :D Mikey being recalled to hell anytime soon? :D

On a completely different note concerning the off-season BB, how's Satan's team doing? :D Mikey being recalled to hell anytime soon? :D

:D

We won't ever get rid of the guy. He's running on bank earned a decade ago with 2 SB Ws, but he's won exactly 1 - count 'em - one playoff game since he didn't have a loaded backfield of Elway/TD with a superb suurounding cast. Donkey owner Pat Bowlen just can't seem to figure out that Shanahan caught lightening in a bottle for 3 years, and instead thinks every year that next year is the start of Shanahan's next great era for DEN.

:wacko:

Film study of what? Dallas didn't find out who they were playing until yesterday...and, maybe it's just me, but I thought the bye week gave the players, especially the injured players, a chance to relax and heal up a bit before the playoffs 'start' for their team...

You mean players can't watch film of more than 1 team over a week's time? And that player's injuries don't heal sitting on their arse watching film? What, do they extend injuries with pulled ass muscles & film cuts on their finger tips?

Teams that spend only one week ahead preparing for games are the same ones who are sitting at home watching the playoffs right now...

You mean players can't watch film of more than 1 team over a week's time? And that player's injuries don't heal sitting on their arse watching film? What, do they extend injuries with pulled ass muscles & film cuts on their finger tips?

Teams that spend only one week ahead preparing for games are the same ones who are sitting at home watching the playoffs right now...

Dallas practiced Wednesday and Thursday last week in full pads. All the injured guys practiced except for Owens who did some "light jogging" the first day he was out of his walking boot. They had Friday, Saturday and Sunday off.

If they lose this weekend it will be b/c of the D's inability to get off the field on third down, not b/c Romo and Witten kicked back over the weekend. Of course, JMO.

People will be wetting themsleves to be the first person to post "Maybe if Romo wasnt in Mexico last week Dallas would have won" if Dallas loses which of course will not be true at all. The guy is sitting poolside with his girlfriend after a 2 hour plane ride its not like hes doing the tour de france

Ya lost me.

Well, we've got people here who think that it is not feasible to do any film study during a bye week because a player doesn't know who their opponent is - and besides, the bye week is for resting. How can the Cowboys possibly be practicing in pads if they can't even do film study, and when they should be relaxing, drinking margaritas and boffing Daisy Duke in their Mexican cabana?

People will be wetting themsleves to be the first person to post "Maybe if Romo wasnt in Mexico last week Dallas would have won" if Dallas loses which of course will not be true at all. The guy is sitting poolside with his girlfriend after a 2 hour plane ride its not like hes doing the tour de france

Next week could indeed be a very, very good week if DAL got washed out by NY after Romo was muff diving on Jessica instead of preparing, and NE gets run over by the JAX rushing juggernaut in the same week.

That's a Huddle wet dream right there. I think I need to go change my panties after just thinking about it.

Next week could indeed be a very, very good week if DAL got washed out by NY after Romo was muff diving on Jessica instead of preparing, and NE gets run over by the JAX rushing juggernaut in the same week.

That's a Huddle wet dream right there. I think I need to go change my panties after just thinking about it.

:D

Romo brought all this on himself by dating horse-face Simpson. It really truly is that simple.

Same with "I love me some me" T.O.

What do you suppose Brady, P Manning, & Favre spent the week doing?

Romo isn't a wide-eyed rookie. He's been in the league 5 years now. His team's last playoff loss was directly due to his inability to perform a simple task on the field.

He can dip his wick all February, March, April, & May before he moves on to the next flavor-of-the-year celebrity babe. He ought to be bearing down & getting damn serious about his job right now.

Ah, well, if E Manning outperforms him and the Giants somehow manage to beat DAL, it ought to make for some good press afterwards.

They arent dating Jessica so tabloids dont care what Brady,Farve and Manning are doing,

What was every other player on the Cowboys doing?It doesnt matter,they didnt have papparazzi folowing them.

If they lose its because the team lost,not because he was in Cabo for a few days with Jessica while others home with their families,out partying or basically just enjoying their lives the way they choose to.If you want to make a big deal out of this,tell me what all the other players on the team were doing on their own time.

Edited by xtra

Well, we've got people here who think that it is not feasible to do any film study during a bye week because a player doesn't know who their opponent is - and besides, the bye week is for resting. How can the Cowboys possibly be practicing in pads if they can't even do film study, and when they should be relaxing, drinking margaritas and boffing Daisy Duke in their Mexican cabana?

How do you know he didnt take film with him to study?

How do you know he didnt take film with him to study?

Simpson hasn't done any nudie shots to date that I know of.

Although I'm sure that if he's in Mexico with her that he's taking plenty of time to prepare for football. Taking snaps, working out his WR, holding for FGs - the possibilities are endless.

Edited by Bronco Billy