[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo Vacationing in Mexico during Bye Week

WorstCoachingEver

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you suppose Brady, P Manning, & Favre spent the week doing?

Romo isn't a wide-eyed rookie. He's been in the league 5 years now. His team's last playoff loss was directly due to his inability to perform a simple task on the field.

He can dip his wick all February, March, April, & May before he moves on to the next flavor-of-the-year celebrity babe. He ought to be bearing down & getting damn serious about his job right now.

Ah, well, if E Manning outperforms him and the Giants somehow manage to beat DAL, it ought to make for some good press afterwards.

It's called the "BYE WEEK" for a reason. You get time off to rest a little. So he drove down to Mexico on his day or two OFF. What's the big deal? Who exactly was he supposed to be preparing for??? He could have faced the Skins, Giants, OR Bucs!!! Why prepare and study for THREE teams over a three day period unnecessarily?? Especially when you have the whole next week to prepare once you find out who you are playing...

It's called the "BYE WEEK" for a reason. You get time off to rest a little. So he drove down to Mexico on his day or two OFF. What's the big deal? Who exactly was he supposed to be preparing for??? He could have faced the Skins, Giants, OR Bucs!!! Why prepare and study for THREE teams over a three day period unnecessarily?? Especially when you have the whole next week to prepare once you find out who you are playing...

They call it the BYE week because they want you to go good bye? :D

He went down and hung out with Jessica's parents. That doesn't sound relaxing to me.

Two of these teams they've already played twice this year.

I predict Romo will be so refreshed by this weekend in Mexico that he'll shred the Giants to the tune of 326 yds and 4 tds. :D

They call it the BYE week because they want you to go good bye? :D

He went down and hung out with Jessica's parents. That doesn't sound relaxing to me.

As long as youre back on schedule,I dont think they care where you go. :D

Edited by xtra

This thread is hysterical. I find it funny that some people would like to give Romo credit for 'living his life on his own terms'...like he has enough brain cells to rub together to even consider the ramifications of what he's doing. :D

At this time in the season, I don't think there's really such thing as a DAY OFF. OFF from practice should probably mean REST. While it's probably very relaxing and fun to be on holiday in Mexico, I'm just not convinced it's the smart thing to be doing.

I think Romo just wants to be known as the current day Joe Namath. :D

. If Romo is a pro, he ought to have his head around the game and not between Jessica's legs for a week at this time of the year.

IRVING, Texas - Add the paparazzi to the Cowboys' expansive playoff coverage.

While head coach Wade Phillips encouraged his players to "get away from football" during the bye weekend, quarterback Tony Romo couldn't quite escape the media's probing eye.

Reports surfaced on Saturday that Romo, tight end Jason Witten and a few teammates were relaxing in Mexico with celebrity singer/actress Jessica Simpson and her family. And for the second time in three weeks, unfair or not, Romo probably will face questions about his focus as the Cowboys prepare for their divisional-round game against the New York Giants.

The Pro Bowl quarterback did not field questions on Monday, but Witten said the team earned a brief retreat by winning a franchise-record tying 13 games in the regular season.

"Just for Tony, the biggest thing he's doing is going out there to get his mind off of it," Witten said. "He can't go anywhere here, so the best thing he can do is jump on an hour-and-a-half flight and get away and really relax, get with some buddies and watch those games and come back refreshed because he knows he's got to make a strong push.

"For us, we don't look at it any other way but to get away and enjoy it. It's no different than jumping on a flight and going home like a lot of guys did here."

Romo's relationship with Simpson drew national attention last month when cameras spotted the pop star in a Texas Stadium suite, sporting a pink No. 9 jersey while Romo played arguably his worst game of the season in a surprising 10-6 loss to Philadelphia.

Romo's concentration was questioned then. A week later, he shook off a bruised right thumb to throw for a 257 yards and a touchdown in a critical win over Carolina to help clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs for the Cowboys.

Romo just can't seem to preserve his personal life these days. Maybe that's the price of quarterbacking the Dallas Cowboys with a lucrative new contract.

But Phillips doesn't see the trip as a distraction to Romo or his team.

"We're in the entertainment business - we're not just in football," Phillips said. "The players, especially the star players, are kind of like people in the entertainment business. They follow them around, take their pictures and say, 'Boy they went here, so-and-so is dating so-and-so'. I think it's just part of the business. I think people read it or like to read it, but it doesn't affect our football team.

"I don't have any problem with it, as long as they got away from football, relaxed a little bit, be ready go today, and they were. All of them were ready."

Yeah, no way you can pin the loss on Romo. He looked like Bulger there a few times running his ass off because the o-line collapsed.

True, but a great player has to overcome the odds. He only lead his team to freakin' 17 pts against the Giants at home. And let's not forget that he and Witten brought all the unnecessary media attention on themselves.

Romo needs to share in this blame of poor play across the board. He made some bad decisions today and was horrible at managing the 2 minute offense. Is he the new Payton Manning now for playoff failure????????

No. The offensive line failed too much in the game too. Their stamina could be questioned. They lost as a team.

No. The offensive line failed too much in the game too. Their stamina could be questioned. They lost as a team.

Let's not forget the drive by the Giants to end the first half and then the final scoring drive they had.

Excellent work by that offense. This loss should be pinned more on the D than the O.

Just wanted to chime in as I didn't want to seem like a big crap talker and then not take my medicine afterward. I'm extremely pissed right now and can't/don't even talk about it. Other than congrats to the Giants and their fans, I am livid with the mental errors, penalties and poor play calling in the second half in regard to the Cowboys. What a terrible, ugly game!!