[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guide to tipping...we've discussed before but...

I Like Soup

When we were moving a bit more, we tipped movers $10-$20 each. We also gave lots of bottled water during the move.

+1.

We had a delivery and installation of a washer and dryer recently and my wife was so impressed with their work she gave them $10 apiece.

lol @ tipping takeout. That's like tipping at a buffet. what the fark for?

I've actually changed my mind on buffets recently. Bringing drinks is the same for a sit-down meal or buffet. At a sit-down meal the waiter brings plates and takes them away, maybe multiple times, if multiple courses. At a buffet, the waiter takes away plates, definitely multiple times. In general, I think people sit longer at a buffet, meaning there's less turnover for the waiter. I don't tip as much for a buffet as a sit-down meal, but I don't agree that it's like takeout (where I never tip, because handing me the product I paid for is absolutely the minimum function of owning a business).

The Sheikette

I over tip everybody. Delivery people love coming to my house. Dinner at a restaurant 20% of whatever the total is drinks and tax included. Takeout 2 bucks. Gas station 1 dollar if he does the windows (self service is illegal in NJ ) Bartender a buck every drink and a regular tip at the end of the night. Hookers 15%.

So how many pitchers and shots of tequila can you drink? I ate a sammich before I left the house. I have slowed down considerably in my old age though.

I was at a bar on Saturday that had $2 longnecks while the games were on . I spent $46 on beer that day/night excluding tip. I was practically crawling out of there by the time I left.

I guess it just depends on where you decide to drink.

I was at a bar on Saturday that had $2 longnecks while the games were on . I spent $46 on beer that day/night excluding tip. I was practically crawling out of there by the time I left.

I guess it just depends on where you decide to drink.

You drank 23 longnecks ?

I've actually changed my mind on buffets recently. Bringing drinks is the same for a sit-down meal or buffet. At a sit-down meal the waiter brings plates and takes them away, maybe multiple times, if multiple courses. At a buffet, the waiter takes away plates, definitely multiple times. In general, I think people sit longer at a buffet, meaning there's less turnover for the waiter. I don't tip as much for a buffet as a sit-down meal, but I don't agree that it's like takeout (where I never tip, because handing me the product I paid for is absolutely the minimum function of owning a business).

The Sheikette

Wurd!

Take care of me at a buffet and you are busting you ass. Well, maybe not busting it but you are running. I don't get stingy at a buffet where the waiter keeps my drink filled and takes the dirty dishes away quickly. I give bonus points for extra forks.

10% on takeout? I'd like to think I tip well when sitting down at a restaurant, but I rarely tip much on takeout orders. I am tipping mostly for the service and not simply the idea of eating the food. Cooking, taking my payment, and handing me the bag of food deserves very little IMO.

I guess I've read about that, but what is the logic for it these days? :D

Its so motorists who aren't "trained gasoline dispersers" don't spill excess gasoline onto the ground as they are removing the hose from the gas tank.

Good idea in theory...I know when I pump my own gas, inevitably, a drop or two ends up on my car or on the ground. Multiply that by the number of fill-ups everyday by careless motorists, and thats a lot of pure gasoline getting released into our enviornment (run-off, etc.)

In Jersey, they set the pump for the amount you paid for, let the pump shut-off when it reaches that amount, and then replace hose after it has been completely emptied....or at least they are suppposed to. :D

Either way, its nice for us PA folks....since NJ gas taxes are less than PA anyway, we can have someone pump it for us, and actually spend less than self-service in our own state.