[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clinton campaign = Titanic

budlitebrad

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No but how many of those were republican votes?

That may be a valid point. IMO, Hillary is the only way the Democrats can lose the next presidential election, and I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of other Republicans feel the same way.

That may be a valid point. IMO, Hillary is the only way the Democrats can lose the next presidential election, and I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of other Republicans feel the same way.

Of course, the interesting wrinkle here is that it's not like the GOP has an incumbent or even a clear cut favorite. I mean, it makes a ton of sense to register democrat and vote for somebody you think will lose if you're rather certain about who your own candidate will be. However, there's a world of difference between the GOP options and I would have a hard time forfeiting my chance to help choose my own parties nominee in order to mess with the other party.

Of course, the interesting wrinkle here is that it's not like the GOP has an incumbent or even a clear cut favorite. I mean, it makes a ton of sense to register democrat and vote for somebody you think will lose if you're rather certain about who your own candidate will be. However, there's a world of difference between the GOP options and I would have a hard time forfeiting my chance to help choose my own parties nominee in order to mess with the other party.

well, that and the fact that most republicans are registered as republicans. it's just a kneejerk reaction for lulu to blame anything he thinks he doesn't agree with on a republican conspiracy.

I think people aren't fully making up their minds until the enter the polling booth. How else can you explain all of the polls being this wrong in two places?

In terms of NH, they explained it by the fact that, of those who polled undecided, a majority voted for her. So, Obama might have had a nice lead in those who'd already decided, it wasn't enough to overcome the fact that she pulled something like 13 % pts of those who hadn't.

Let's not forget here, it's not like she ran away with this thing.

Also, I noticed that no other dem but her is participating in the Michigan primary. What's the story there? Are they just conceding it?

Which splits the sane vote and hands the White House back to the Republicans. Good strategery! :D

I've decided that I care less about who I'm not voting for, and more about who I am voting for. And I have no great loyalty to the democratic party. What have they done for me lately?

I ran a poll here a while ago about who would consider voting for Bloomberg, and there were just as many Republicans as Democrats who said they'd consider it. There are plenty of people on both sides of the aisle who are tired of supporting someone just to keep the other guy (or girl) out of office.

Also, I noticed that no other dem but her is participating in the Michigan primary. What's the story there? Are they just conceding it?

Michigan is a clustermess this time around. The powers-that-be decided that they wanted Michigan to be earlier, but failed to get approval of the parties.

I've decided that I care less about who I'm not voting for, and more about who I am voting for. And I have no great loyalty to the democratic party. What have they done for me lately?

I ran a poll here a while ago about who would consider voting for Bloomberg, and there were just as many Republicans as Democrats who said they'd consider it. There are plenty of people on both sides of the aisle who are tired of supporting someone just to keep the other guy (or girl) out of office.

See the other thread - I'm acting as an independent in Rep clothing this time around, being openminded. What is Bloomberg's econ strategy then? He's a good businessman, so I expect good things, but he's not a frontrunner so I doubt it will matter....