[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The police are trying to steal my beard!

seminoles

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The theory is that would amount to some sort of entrapment which is lame. Well, so is being a teenager who agrees to do this, of course. None the less, one would think the fine would stand even though the kid had a beard. I'm sure it doesn't make him look 40 and they wouldn't be using him if he didn't look somewhat older than normal.

Interesting story. When I had my little noodle shop, I had one of these sleazy little f'er try to buy an O'douls from one of my cashiers. Hell, I didn't even know if that was illegal to sell N/A beer to minors. Apparently it is. Good thing is, my manager knew this and stopped the transaction. They left and an officer came in to congratulate us on doing the right thing.

Talk about freaking lame. Trying to bust someone on a technicality. I mean, the reason you're not supposed to sell to minors is so they don't get drunk. :wacko:

In Florida they will arrest the server AND the manager of the establishment for selling to minors. The FL ATF will run stings all the time using minors, usually using police explorer nerds as the bait. As a restaurant GM, I try and scan over the dinning room as much as possible, but it's hard to be everywhere all the time. Most major establishments are very careful and the ones getting busted are your foreign owned mini-mart types and independent gas stations and package stores.

Technically....there is a small amount of alcohol in O'douls.....I think they list it at .4%.

There is more alcohol in a loaf of bread that a bottle of odouls.

I guess that's my point. How much freaking O'douls would you need to drink to catch a buzz. Besides, it says "Non-Alcoholic" right on the bottle. Some well meaning cashier who has no intention of promoting under aged drinking could sell that and not think twice about it. There is significant financial incentive for breaking the law in terms of selling booze to minors. Quite simply, until you get busted, it's cool little revenue stream. I know this not as a retailer, but rather as a former teen who knew which stores would sell to us so we'd go there all the time. Obviously it was usually down and out places in crappy locations who just needed the jack any way they could get it. I understand this is illegal and needs to be policed.

However, fining some dude because his cashier thought "Non-Alcoholic" meant non-alcoholic seems pretty bush league.

In WIsconsin it is legal to sell NA beer to minors.

But an establishment may choose not to.

Absolute sobriety still is in effect - if you are underage and drink a few NAs and get caught driving with a .01 level, you can still get busted.

Cops are nothing but tax collectors for the most part.

Remember to make a left and another left when running from one. They are trained to chase you and make a right and a right (since most do that) if they lose track of you. :wacko:

Hey it's your life, but I know for certain, I wouldn't never narc or snitch. I just couldn't live with myself.

Umm, I wouldn't necessarily call it being a narc or snitch, seeing as there is no secrecy at all involved. I'm not trying to trick them or anything either, since I have to answer any question they ask me truthfully.

Umm, I wouldn't necessarily call it being a narc or snitch, seeing as there is no secrecy at all involved. I'm not trying to trick them or anything either, since I have to answer any question they ask me truthfully.

Umm. you're pretending to do something illegal and turning in anyone who goes along with you. That, young jedi, is being a narc. The second you place that sixer on the counter, you're "trying to trick them". Also, you've made it rather clear in your lead-in that you look older than most for your age, something your buddies with the cops must know or they wouldn't have bothered. Once again, you're "trying to trick them".

:wacko: Okay.......just f'n go for it, even though everyone has warned you, you're right....... :D you're definently good Cop material

In the book of MrTed46...sheet aint cool

I see no problem with 16 year old buying alcohol. I see a problem with the parents losing control of their teen and not knowing they do so.

In Europe there is no age limit on liquor and they are fine. USA is a F'ed up place and it begins with the parents.

Closing down someone store for accidentely selling liquor to a minor (which is staged) is not cool.

Edited by MrTed46

In the book of MrTed46...sheet aint cool

I see no problem with 16 year old buying alcohol. I see a problem with the parents losing control of their teen and not knowing they do so.

In Europe there is no age limit on liquor and they are fine. USA is a F'ed up place and it begins with the parents.

Closing down someone store for accidentely selling liquor to a minor (which is staged) is not cool.

well, part of me agrees, but the other side of that is it is against the law whether you think it should be or not, and all stores have to do to protect themselves is check ID. pretty easy law to comply with. the places that sell to minors, in my experience, do so fairly systematically and consistently, simply because of the money it can make them.

y'all may be coming down a tad hard on seminoles here, unless you think 16 year old kids buying alcohol is fine and should be legal. but even if you think that, it's NOT legal, and what other way is there for police to enforce that law?

Drinkin at any age is dangerous.......I just don't like the idea of involing a kid in this sting......word travels fast if minors are being served at different joints......Cops used to stroll in undercover and take care of it themselves......I was sittin in one when it went down and the Bartender gave the Cop chit about not havin a search warrent.......The Cop said he was just checkin that the establishment had it's Liquor Licence and Division of Labor certificates up in plain sight :D ..........the walk in cooler smelled like pot but he didn't catch that :wacko:

y'all may be coming down a tad hard on seminoles here, unless you think 16 year old kids buying alcohol is fine and should be legal. but even if you think that, it's NOT legal, and what other way is there for police to enforce that law?

Noles doesn't know the code and it may get him in some deep shiznit. I would expect something like this from Irish when he was a youngin. In my book Noles could not be trusted. Very not cool if this is the case.