[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i'm going to disneyland

Down Goes Frazia

we're taking to girls for their first trip to disneyland (mine too) this april..... I'm looking for any advice/ ideas you all may have. We're planning on about 5-7 days but nothing is in stone yet. Costco has a great deal now where kids fly free but I'm sure there's some restrictions there..... I haven't read all the details on it yet.

anyone have any suggestions on a hotel to stay at ? How 'bout day passes ?

any info is greatly appreciated.

thnx. :wacko:

been a looong times since i've been, but if you have time i'd think about a couple of nights down in san diego: sea world and the zoo.

edit: the more i think about it, the more i think 5 days down in sd and 1-2 around disney sounds like a nicer trip

Edited by Bier Meister

Any of the Disneyland Hotels make for easy in/out access to the parks plus easy access to your room should you want to take a midday break from the parks. I'd certainly suggest a multi-day hopper pass so you can go in and out of the two parks as you see fit plus have plenty of time to spend in the park(s). I believe I have also seen Southern California passes that give you admittance to I believe Universal Studios one day then SeaWorld or the Zoo another day at a significant discount if you were interested in those options.

If you are staying at Disneyland, but want to do some of the other area attractions, you'll have to determine if you want to rent a car or if you are going to look into the bus tour group things.

Depending on age of kids, So Cal attractions you may like:

Disneyland/California Adventure

Magic Mountain

Knott's Berry Farm

Universal Studios

Legoland

SeaWorld

San Diego Zoo

Wild Animal Park

If any specific questions or if I think of anything else, I'll add to this.

we're taking to girls for their first trip to disneyland (mine too) this april..... I'm looking for any advice/ ideas you all may have. We're planning on about 5-7 days but nothing is in stone yet. Costco has a great deal now where kids fly free but I'm sure there's some restrictions there..... I haven't read all the details on it yet.

anyone have any suggestions on a hotel to stay at ? How 'bout day passes ?

any info is greatly appreciated.

thnx. :wacko:

Check the Angels' schedule if you like baseball, the park is right up the street.

I know Disneyland is different than Disneyworld in Orlando. My brother went to Disneyworld and said that it was just as cheap to stay at a budget Disney hotel than to stay somewhere else. He also bought some type of package for eating where Disney characters came by the table and visited and let you have your picture taken with them. His girls are 5 and 3, so they really got a kick ot of it. Since yours are a little older I don't know if they would be into something like that. Again this was in Orlando, but it may be something you want to check into.

SeaWorld

San Diego Zoo

Wild Animal Park

If any specific questions or if I think of anything else, I'll add to this.

Been to all three of these (Wild Animal Park is east of Oceanside as I recall, closer to LA than San Diego is and requires a car) - they were all well worth the admission.

Edit: Having my offspring in the Marines at Pendleton has enabled two long weekends in SoCal so far - great area.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

No the Wild Animal Park is way closer to San Diego than it is to LA.

Well, I was trying to get across that the WAP is closer to LA than San Diego is. In other words, if you drive out of LA heading south, the WAP is closer than the other two attractions.

But my English composition skills have deserted me. :wacko:

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Well, I was trying to get across that the WAP is closer to LA than San Diego is. In other words, if you drive out of LA heading south, the WAP is closer than the other two attractions.

But my English composition skills have deserted me. :wacko:

:D yes WAP is on the way down from LA.... off the 78 or 76 or somethin..

haven't been there in YEARS and somewhat shocked it's still there

:wacko: yes WAP is on the way down from LA.... off the 78 or 76 or somethin..

haven't been there in YEARS and somewhat shocked it's still there

THey've redone it a lo apparently. I plan to take my kids there.

And I do not beleive you need to bring your own car, and not sure you even can anymore. I think everything is tour driven now, and many quite possibly cost extra. Check out their website.

THey've redone it a lo apparently. I plan to take my kids there.

And I do not beleive you need to bring your own car, and not sure you even can anymore. I think everything is tour driven now, and many quite possibly cost extra. Check out their website.

Was there about three months ago. It has been redone, it's better than the zoo, IMO and you park your car outside in the lot and walk it, except for the tour ride around the very big enclosures.

Went with the family for a 6 day trip last November. 3 days in SD and 4 at Disney Land. SD was alright (Sea World, Zoo), but if I had it to do again I would have went to Lego Land, and another day at Disney instead. A day at the beach was also fun.

Great advice already provided by others. 1) make sure you stay as close as possible to the park so you can walk to the park, 2) plan it during the week.

There are quite a few decent hotels with suites right across the street from Disneyland.

Not as nice as the Disneyland hotels but when I was pricing for 4 days, 3 nights for last August the difference was about $900 just for the hotel stay.

I walked out the entrance to Disneyland and 5 minutes later I was in the hotel room.

The multi day passes are a must. We hit Disneyland first thing in the morning and then about 1 we went to eat lunch and when we came back we went to California Adventure. Figuring out the fast passes is a must.

For me, this is key to a succesful Disneyland trip. Plan those out right and you can essentially jump from ride to ride with minimal waits in lines.

:wacko: I remember when you had actual tickets to get on Disneyland rides. I think they were lettered A-E with E being the more popular rides. You only got so many of each type of ticket. Yeah, I'm old.