[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Irish's SuperBowl Boxes...

irish

I figured I'd start another thread about my school pool just in case some didn't see it and were interested. I run a pool in my school for $5 a box. I have already sold over 200 total boxes and am currently working on filling my third sheet of which I am 44 boxes into already. If anyone's looking to get into a small buy-in pool or just any box pool for that matter let me know. A couple things I should mention about my pool are that I take $25 out of the monies of each pool to have a pretty sweet SuperBowl Breakfast for the entire faculty (which unfortunately you guys won't be part of). You know the regular stuff- bagels, spreads, coffee, fruit platters, juices, etc. Also I payout $25 for reverse score winners for each qtr and the end of the game score (4th qtr or OT). The other payouts are 1st qtr- $50, Half- $100, 3rd- $50 and final- $175. So the total is $475 minus the $25 for breakfast. The boxes will get sold one way or the other, just figured I'd offer. Also I don't have a paypal account so everything would have to be done by check.

Let me know...

Huddlers that are in so far...

SheikYerbuti- 4 Paid

Rocknrobn26- 4 Paid

Nogohawk- 4 Paid

Cre8tiff- 4

I_am_the_Swammi- 4 Paid

Edited by irish

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are those teachers getting Belgian waffles yet :wacko:

You didn't buy any squares yet.

Is the "entire faculty" 4 people? If larger, how does $25 pay for a "pretty sweet breakfast"?

"Pretty sweet" is most definiately an exaggeration. However, if you ask anyone attending the breakfast, it's one of their favorite things throughout the year.

As it states in the opening post I have already sold over 200 boxes (2 other complete sheets and part of this 3rd one). $25 is taken out of every pool, therefore totalling $75. A couple of the ladies who help me do the shopping, do a great job of getting items from all over the place saving money and allowing the funds to stretch further.

Unless you fill out your numbers on 3-dimensional paper :wacko:

Geometrically speaking, you're correct. But then again why make a box pool more complicated that it really is? The term box is shorter, easier to spell and has better other meanings than squares.

I, for one, want nothing to do with Irish's box.

NTTAWWT.

Very nice.

So, you're a retard too then?

Not so nice. Leave Hugh out of this, he's a well respected huddler.

Edited by irish

30 boxes left

See, I can lie too.

:D

It's really 43 and regardless if you're kidding or not, please don't insinuate that I'm lying. However, I do want to thank you for mentioning that as I never even considered that a reason why people wouldn't join. When you're an honest person you don't think of those things. When you're a liar, cheater, etc. you constantly feel like everyone is trying to screw you over. I figured it might be about the breakfast thing or maybe because they can join a box/square pool locally. Now I feel the need to try and scan this onto my computer and somehow whether using photobucket, etc. try and post a link so that those involved or that want to get involved can see the actual sheet. :wacko:

Edited by irish

For those that thought this may have been a fake and that I was lying...

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/irish3333/SBPool.jpg

37 boxes left.

Edited by irish

I smell a rat...

Oh wait, that's just irewish!

So how many do you want? You're a betting cross-dressing man. Oh wait that would mean me giving you my address. Forget it. Then again... I did get those magazines. :wacko: