[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time to shop for a decent watch

Puddy

I own almost that exact watch and it is very nice. Definitely more a dress watch and it is pretty thin too which is nice if you are wearing a suit or even just a long sleeved shirt. I own several watches and I like a TAG for most days since it is good looking enough for all but the most formal situations and yet tough enough to be fine in almost any situation.

I have bought a couple of watches from wristwatch.com and never had any problems with them. They have very good prices.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own almost that exact watch and it is very nice. Definitely more a dress watch and it is pretty thin too which is nice if you are wearing a suit or even just a long sleeved shirt. I own several watches and I like a TAG for most days since it is good looking enough for all but the most formal situations and yet tough enough to be fine in almost any situation.

I have bought a couple of watches from wristwatch.com and never had any problems with them. They have very good prices.

could somebody please teach this noob how not to double-post?

:wacko:

fwiw, Puddy, if you find a Swiss-made watch that you really like, let me know and I will try to price it over here as it might be cheaper (although with the fall of the dollar (and sticky nominal prices in America) it might not be).

I noted some swiss watches are much cheaper when buying in Switzerland ( Rolex is a good example , Tissot another ) while some appear more expensive when buying there and cheaper in the states ( i believe Tag fits this bill)

by the way Puddy this is a great watch ..i got it as written in earlier post from friends in my previous company as a going away present a few months back

price was over 600 at the time but according to this website ( and if you google exact model you will see other links for prices under 500 )

Tissot seastar 1000 automatic

good luck

fwiw, Puddy, if you find a Swiss-made watch that you really like, let me know and I will try to price it over here as it might be cheaper (although with the fall of the dollar (and sticky nominal prices in America) it might not be).

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it. When you leaving there?

The worst place in the world to buy a Swiss watch is in Switzerland. Just FYI.

Cell only - which I rarely use.

I used to wear a watch but probably five or six years ago I decided not to wear it any longer. I couldn't figure out any place that I'm at where there isn't a clock displayed. Don't miss it at all.

Am I evolving or turning into a pompous, metro like Furd. :wacko:

Edited by Puddy

I don't think I would ever spend more than $100 for a watch. I just don't wear them. The couple that I have were probably only about $40 from Target or something. I guess I just don't understand the appeal of shelling out hundreds of dollars (or thousands) for a trinket on your wrist to tell you what time it is. Plus it just sort of gets in the way. I tried to wear one for a while but found myself constantly taking it off at work because I didn't like the feel of it getting in the way behind my desk. And nowadays you don't even need watches when you carry a cell phone.

Of course I'm just not one to spend money on clothes either. Yes, I have no metrosexual style, and I don't really give a crap. :wacko:

when you try it on...check out the link as well....... both are very versatile.

right now i am looking for: white face, silver/steel case, black leather strap, either roman numeral or like the ones on the carrera....

so far i am liking the tag, the weil, and a tissot. a little more casual than a steel band. i would definitely chat with wiegie before buying... just to see what prices are over there