[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Breaking News

CaP'N GRuNGe

I thought he'd stay through Feb 5 to pick up as many delegates as possible. Did the Dem leadership talk him into stepping aside? It will set up a direct debate between Clinton and Obama.

Edited by Egret

I am pretty moderate, so this doesn't affect me much but I think that Obama and Hillary should decide right now that one will be pres and the other vice. Save all the campaign money for the big election and not cut any ties while they bicker with each other.

Just as McCain gave the wink wink to huckabee and encouraged him to stay in the race.....Obama desperately needed Edwards to drop out. Now, the key will be if he makes a public endorsement. I he does....then he is the VEEP choice for Obama. I would have preferred Edwards of all the three anyway. It will make the debate much more livlier with only two poeple duking it out.

He would have to be an attractive VP running mate for either Dem.

Yes, but how do you feel about his stand on the issues?

The talking heads last night were mentioning the Huckabee angle, that him staying in takes votes from Romney and ensures McCain the nomination, with the thought then that McCain would pick Huckabee as his VP to satisfy the religious right.

I'm not sure I want someone that advocates altering the constitution to make it identical to God's law a 72 year old heartbeat away from the Presidency. I may have to hold my nose and vote for Hillary in that case, even if Obama is not her VP.

:wacko:

I predict that Hillary will "call for an end to the political divisiveness that has dominated the debate over the past month" even though she has been a very active participant. She will also say that it's time for the candidates to speak for themselves and not allow their spouses to attack the others. I think if I had a list of the questions for the debate, I could write her answers almost as well as I could predict Bush's answers.

The talking heads last night were mentioning the Huckabee angle, that him staying in takes votes from Romney and ensures McCain the nomination, with the thought then that McCain would pick Huckabee as his VP to satisfy the religious right.

I'm not sure I want someone that advocates altering the constitution to make it identical to God's law a 72 year old heartbeat away from the Presidency. I may have to hold my nose and vote for Hillary in that case, even if Obama is not her VP.

If it's McCain/Huckabee vs Clinton/??? you will be able to vote for Bloomberg.

I predict that Hillary will "call for an end to the political divisiveness that has dominated the debate over the past month" even though she has been a very active participant. She will also say that it's time for the candidates to speak for themselves and not allow their spouses to attack the others. I think if I had a list of the questions for the debate, I could write her answers almost as well as I could predict Bush's answers.

Hillary has not said anything during this campaign that hasn't been veted by 3 or 4 focus groups. There's not one word that comes out of her mouth that is an original thought.

Hillary is playing up the picture today taken at the SOTU speech where Obama was turned away from her when she was shaking hands with Ted Kennedy. He says he didn't mean to snub her, that he turned away because he was having a side conversation with Claire McKaskill (sp) and that he waved at her before coming into the room. Her smug face this morning was saying she is trying to reach out to him and looking forward to reaching out to him and shaking his hand.

This woman is so smug whenever she answers any question. And that annoying cackle whenever she is asked a question she does not like is brutal. I honestly cannot fathom why anyone would vote for her over Obama or Edwards for that matter.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

McCain/Huckabee wouldn't be surprising, but 9iu11iani might also be an option as well in part because they are old friends.

I would imagine that 90-95% of Edwards supporters will go to Obama. It's hard to see this as anything but another blow to Hillary.

No. Exit polls indicate 40% of Edwards support had Hillary as 2nd choice, and only 25% Obama.

I think the opportunity exists for Obama to get his point across to Edwards' people, but I'm not sure too many people were left in his corner anyway.

And as far as him being VP, I think his wife's cancer situation may dictate that.