[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

obama volunteers told to share "conversion stories"

Azazello1313

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a statement he made way before the election process began....sometime early in 07...

he said something along the lines of sticking it out over in Iraq until the war is over....

then people ripped him by asking "what war?".....

shortly after he came back and said that we need to get our soldiers out of there ASAP!....

I don't like any of the candidates in this years election....Hillary is slimy and so is Obama...

voting is pointless anyways because it's not like the president actually sits down and makes decisions anyways....

I mean...between reading a good book...like the Dictionary and going out Golfing.....when does Bush have time to make these decisions? :wacko:

I don't like any of the candidates in this years election....Hillary is slimy and so is Obama...

voting is pointless anyways because it's not like the president actually sits down and makes decisions anyways....

I mean...between reading a good book...like the Dictionary and going out Golfing.....when does Bush have time to make these decisions? :wacko:

Do you have links to those statements? I keep hearing things that don't prove to be true.

I don't agree voting is pointless. Whoever wins needs to delegate.

When the president staffs regulatory industries with lobbysists from those same industries and listens only to those who agree with him it does affact everyone to some degree. I want someone who listens to whatever experts he appoints.

Hillary and McCain are going to continue to beat this drum, but I really don;t think it's going to make a difference. The fact of the matter is that people do not vote with their brains, they vote with their hearts. Logic may stipulate that it would make more sense to elect stephen hawking president, but it just ain't gonna happen. Obama continues to roll. I'm fairly well convinced that this criticism is going to continue to go unheeded. Remember Govenor George Bush trying to name foreign leaders?

"For the American people, the relevant question is not how many names a candidate has memorised but does he have the strategic vision to lead and can he protect American interests," Mr Bush's communications director Karen Hughes said.

Obama will win the nomination and then defeat Bob Dole in the GE.

the obama camp really needs to put together a list and distribute ....

That's bad, but in the HRC camp they have recently revealed they mis-read Texas primary rules (which hurts their strategery) and also couldn't field full plates of delegates all throughout Pennsylvania. At least this guy isn't running the campaign into the ground, this is more a bump that doesn't effect the actual organization like Cinton's camp is facing.

ok, how about a state senator working for your campaign? could you make them look like drooling retards, too?

don't you agree that it is better for the surrogate to look like a drooling retard than the candidate himself.

Straight from McCain's mouth he chastised Obama for even suggesting the the US attack targets in Pakistan without approval from the Pakistani gov't.

Yesterday, or the day prior, the US attacked target in Pakistan that were considered high value targets of Al Qaeda.....catch this....without permission of Musharef!!!!! And you post a link about a surrogate being a tool.....how about your own damn candidate.

Do you have links to those statements? I keep hearing things that don't prove to be true.

I don't agree voting is pointless. Whoever wins needs to delegate.

When the president staffs regulatory industries with lobbysists from those same industries and listens only to those who agree with him it does affact everyone to some degree. I want someone who listens to whatever experts he appoints.

I'm going to look them up....I really hope that I can find them....

...I shall return :wacko:

I'm going to look them up....I really hope that I can find them....

...I shall return :D

okay...I can't find a link or am too lazy to go through the 9 billion links that come up regarding the topic....or maybe I suck at search engines?....

from what I said is not me trying to sway anyone because I don't believe in getting into political debates...rather I am stating why I don't like Obama....and I don't like Hillary anyways...

this presidential election seems to be more about gimmicks than anything....

a female candidate vs a black candidate?...

I mean, no offense Randall because you'd probably like to see proof of what I said and I'd really like to back it up with a link....but finding what I read almost a year ago makes me feel like I'm spinning my wheels...

and I probably come off completely wrong when I say this...but you can decide to think I am either mistaken or am talking out of my...lack of information..:wacko: ...but I'll just say that everyone here can disagree with me and even possibly bash me for not being able to back up my statements...

you can try to find what I mentioned about Obama (and god bless you if you can actually find it through all the Obama links that come up)...but trying to do this search has made me completely uninterested in trying to back up what I said..

...sorry...but I really wanted to back it up....I'm just not dedicated enough.. :D

okay...I can't find a link or am too lazy to go through the 9 billion links that come up regarding the topic....or maybe I suck at search engines?....

from what I said is not me trying to sway anyone because I don't believe in getting into political debates...rather I am stating why I don't like Obama....and I don't like Hillary anyways...

I mean, no offense Randall because you'd probably like to see proof of what I said and I'd really like to back it up with a link....but finding what I read almost a year ago makes me feel like I'm spinning my wheels...

and I probably come off completely wrong when I say this...but you can decide to think I am either mistaken or am talking out of my...lack of information..:wacko: ...but I'll just say that everyone here can disagree with me and even possibly bash me for not being able to back up my statements...

you can try to find what I mentioned about Obama (and god bless you if you can actually find it through all the Obama links that come up)...but trying to do this search has made me completely uninterested in trying to back up what I said..

...sorry...but I really wanted to back it up....I'm just not dedicated enough.. :D

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Date: January 30, 2007

Obama Offers Plan to Stop Escalation of Iraq War, Begin Phased Redeployment of Troops

Goal to Redeploy All Combat Brigades out of Iraq by March 31, 2008

WASHINGTON - U.S. Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) today introduced binding and comprehensive legislation that not only reverses the President's dangerous and ill-conceived escalation of the Iraq war, but also sets a new course for U.S. policy that can bring a responsible end to the war and bring our troops home.

"Our troops have performed brilliantly in Iraq, but no amount of American soldiers can solve the political differences at the heart of somebody else's civil war," Obama said. "That's why I have introduced a plan to not only stop the escalation of this war, but begin a phased redeployment that can pressure the Iraqis to finally reach a political settlement and reduce the violence."

The Obama plan offers a responsible yet effective alternative to the President's failed policy of escalation. Realizing there can be no military solution in Iraq, it focuses instead on reaching a political solution in Iraq, protecting our interests in the region, and bringing this war to a responsible end. The legislation commences redeployment of U.S. forces no later than May 1, 2007 with the goal of removing all combat brigades from Iraq by March 31, 2008, a date that is consistent with the expectation of the bipartisan Iraq Study Group.

The plan allows for a limited number of U.S. troops to remain as basic force protection, to engage in counter-terrorism, and to continue the training of Iraqi security forces. If the Iraqis are successful in meeting the thirteen benchmarks for progress laid out by the Bush Administration, this plan also allows for the temporary suspension of the redeployment, provided Congress agrees that the benchmarks have been met and that the suspension is in the national security interest of the United States.

"The American people have been asked to be patient too many times, too many lives have been lost and too many billions have been spent," Obama said. "It's time for a policy that can bring a responsible end to this war and bring our troops home."

Fact Sheet: The Iraq War De-escalation Act of 2007

Today, Senator Obama introduced the Iraq War De-escalation Act of 2007. The Iraq War De-escalation Act of 2007 is binding and comprehensive legislation that not only reverses the President's dangerous and ill-conceived escalation, but also sets a new course for U.S. policy in Iraq that can bring a responsible end to the war and bring our troops home. It implements - with the force of law - a phased redeployment of U.S. forces that remains our best leverage to pressure the Iraqi government to achieve the political solution necessary to promote stability. It also places conditions on future economic aid to the government of Iraq and calls for the United States to lead a broad and sustained diplomatic initiative within the region. This plan is based on Senator Obama's November 20th, 2006 speech before the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, and it implements key recommendations of the bipartisan Iraq Study Group.

The Obama plan offers a responsible yet effective alternative to the President's failed policy of escalation. Realizing there can be no military solution in Iraq, it focuses instead on reaching a political solution in Iraq, protecting our interests in the region, and bringing this war to a responsible end. The legislation commences redeployment of U.S. forces no later than May 1, 2007 with the goal of removing all combat brigades from Iraq by March 31, 2008, a date that is consistent with the expectation of the bipartisan Iraq Study Group. The plan allows for a limited number of U.S. troops to remain as basic force protection, to engage in counter-terrorism, and to continue the training of Iraqi security forces. If the Iraqis are successful in meeting the thirteen benchmarks for progress laid out by the Bush Administration, this plan also allows for the temporary suspension of the redeployment, provided Congress agrees that the benchmarks have been met and that the suspension is in the national security interest of the United States.

In short, the Obama plan halts the escalation and requires a responsible, phased redeployment of American forces from Iraq in a manner that protects U.S. troops and exerts leverage to achieve the political settlement among the Iraqis.

Key Elements of Obama Plan

Stops the Escalation: Caps the number of U.S. troops in Iraq at the number in Iraq on January 10, 2007. This does not affect the funding for our troops in Iraq. This cap has the force of law and could not be lifted without explicit Congressional authorization.

De-escalates the War with Phased Redeployment: Commences a phased redeployment of U.S. troops out of Iraq not later than May 1, 2007, with the goal that all combat brigades redeploy from Iraq by March 31, 2008, a date consistent with the expectation of the Iraq Study Group. This redeployment will be both substantial and gradual, and will be planned and implemented by military commanders. Makes clear that Congress believes troops should be redeployed to the United States; to Afghanistan; and to other points in the region. A residual U.S. presence may remain in Iraq for force protection, training of Iraqi security forces, and pursuit of international terrorists.

Enforces Tough Benchmarks for Progress: These 13 benchmarks are based on President Bush's own statements and Administration documents and include:

Security: Significant progress toward fulfilling security commitments, including eliminating restrictions on U.S. forces, reducing sectarian violence, reducing the size and influence of the militias, and strengthening the Iraqi Army and Police.

Political Accommodation: Significant progress toward reaching a political solution, including equitable sharing of oil revenues, revision of de-Baathification, provincial elections, even-handed provision of government services, and a fair process for a constitutional amendment to achieve national reconciliation.

Economic Progress: Requires Iraq to fulfill its commitment to spend not less than $10 billion for reconstruction, job creation, and economic development without regard for the ethnic or sectarian make-up of Iraqi regions.

Should these benchmarks be met, the plan allows for the temporary suspension of this redeployment, subject to the agreement of Congress.

Congressional oversight: Requires the President to submit reports to Congress every 90 days describing and assessing the Iraqi government's progress in meeting benchmarks and the redeployment goals.

Intensified Training: Intensifies training of Iraqi security forces to enable the country to take over security responsibility of the country.

Conditions on Economic Assistance: Conditions future economic assistance to the Government of Iraq on significant progress toward achievement of benchmarks. Allows exceptions for humanitarian, security, and job-creation assistance.

Regional Diplomacy: Launches a comprehensive regional and international diplomatic initiative - that includes key nations in the region - to help achieve a political settlement among the Iraqi people, end the civil war in Iraq, and prevent a humanitarian catastrophe and regional conflict. Recommends the President should appoint a Special Envoy for Iraq to carry out this diplomacy within 60 days. Mandates that the President submit a plan to prevent the war in Iraq from becoming a wider regional conflict.

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics..._iraq_bill.html

I fail to see how that's a gimmick: 7 other white dudes tried and were rejected by voters in the Democratic Party.

Now...if McCain taps Condi to be his VP would that be a gimmick? Colin Powell?

I don't have a candidate that I like in this race anymore, but if there were a candidate that promised to govern us in a way which directly aligns with my own ideologoy, then I wouldn't care AT ALL what it is that he had accomplished so far. I would only care about the potential that he offered.

A picture says a thousand words

or straight from the horse's mouth...just take my whole paycheck, Balack Obama...

And if you already have health insurance, we will lower your premiums by $2,500 per family, per year. And if you can't afford it, we will subsidize your care

...And we're going to rollback those Bush tax cuts that went to all the wealthy people, and we're going to give tax cuts to ordinary families, people who are making less than $75,000. We will offset your payroll tax.

...Senior citizens who make less than $50,000, we want to say to them: You don't have to pay an income tax.

...And I will raise the minimum wage not every 10 years, but to keep pace with inflation, because if you work in America you should not be poor.

...And I don't know about you, but I think it's about time we made college affordable for every young person in America. So we're going to provide a $4,000 tuition credit, every student, every year

...And so we're going to cap the emission of greenhouse gases. We are going to generate billions of dollars from polluters to invest in solar, in wind, and biodiesel.

...We are going to raise fuel efficiency standards on cars because that is the only way that we can actually bring down gas prices over the long term

Edited by TimC

I don't have a candidate that I like in this race anymore, but if there were a candidate that promised to govern us in a way which directly aligns with my own ideologoy, then I wouldn't care AT ALL what it is that he had accomplished so far. I would only care about the potential that he offered.

exactly...I still don't like any of the candidates...

or straight from the horse's mouth...just take my whole paycheck, Balack Obama...

And if you already have health insurance, we will lower your premiums by $2,500 per family, per year. And if you can't afford it, we will subsidize your care

...And we're going to rollback those Bush tax cuts that went to all the wealthy people, and we're going to give tax cuts to ordinary families, people who are making less than $75,000. We will offset your payroll tax.

...Senior citizens who make less than $50,000, we want to say to them: You don't have to pay an income tax.

...And I will raise the minimum wage not every 10 years, but to keep pace with inflation, because if you work in America you should not be poor.

...And I don't know about you, but I think it's about time we made college affordable for every young person in America. So we're going to provide a $4,000 tuition credit, every student, every year

...And so we're going to cap the emission of greenhouse gases. We are going to generate billions of dollars from polluters to invest in solar, in wind, and biodiesel.

...We are going to raise fuel efficiency standards on cars because that is the only way that we can actually bring down gas prices over the long term

You forgot to mention that he has two black children.

And once we get the dirty Iraqis off American welfare we will be able to pay for all of that, balance the budget, and more. :D

Obama vs. McCain will be a lopsided victory not seen since Reagan/Mondale! :wacko:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...d=moreheadlines

A link I was after in my earlier post about rank campaign disorganization.

Several top Clinton strategists and fundraisers became alarmed after learning of the state's unusual provisions during a closed-door strategy meeting this month, according to one person who attended.

I'll take a buffoon state senator who blows an interview over someone who is running for the White house, yet can't organize a campaign beyond a 2 week window.

If Obama becomes president, I'd like to revisit this post in 4 years and see how many of these "promises" come to pass. I'd set the over under at 1.5 of them.

I was talking to my dad on the phone a few days ago and he swore to me that if either Hillary or Obama get elected, the country will have universal healthcare by 2010. I told him I'd take that bet for any amount he wanted.

Does anyone still listen to campaign promises?

If I actually believed Obama could get these things done, he'd get my vote. He probably will anyways but I certainly don't get what other people who are going to vote for him get so excited about.