[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lost

T-Scorp

Other thoughts:

Does Hurley being in the mental ward have anything to do with Season 1 (or early Season 2 - can't remember) flashbacks when Hurley was in a mental ward with that blonde chick that wound up dying on the island?

Maybe. But consider that *after* getting off the Island, Hurley can see dead people. So *if* the Season 1 (or 2) scenes with him in the mental ward were really post-Island, then it wouldn't be all that crazy (pun intended) that he could see her there... she'd be dead by then.

Edited by yo mama

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quality Season 4 is picking up right after the insanely great last 8 eps of season 3, the new characters been introduced in a great way, very much like Echo in season 2. I love the fact that Charlie lives on in Hurleys mind at the looney bin. Plus, they right up front addressed why those guys were on the island (to get Ben LInus). With an end point in site, it looks like they are just going start letting the story unfold and develop, with plenty of answers each week.

Executive Producer Damon Lindelof Says: "Indeed, it would appear that we are in the endgame of the strike. Personally, I couldn't be more psyched to be part of this union. Like any negotiation, some parts suck and some parts surpassed my wildest expectations for what we could accomplish, but most of all I'm left with a feeling of pride.

"As for Lost (pending the actual lifting of the strike, which we vote for on Tuesday), a game plan should begin to manifest by the end of the week. All I can say is that Carlton and I and the rest of the writers have every intention of making sure you guys get more episodes this season beyond the eight already completed. How many and how they will be aired is a conversation we'll be having with our bosses, but as soon as we've got a plan, we'll tell the fans first."

What We're Hearing: Lost's actors are on standby, and the show is expected to produce more episodes this season. Fingers crossed! The bigger question is who'll keep the golden Thursday at 9 p.m. time slot once those Seattle Grace docs also return...How 'bout we put Sawyer and McDreamy in a cage and let 'em duke it out? ('Cause we know who'd win...)

:wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts on last night's episode.

My wife was shocked when I accurately predicted who Kate's son was. Does he count as one of the Oceanic 6. I'm guessing not as he was not on the plane.

Theories on why they have such an elaborate lie about what actually happened?

I admit, I am hooked again.

My wife was shocked when I accurately predicted who Kate's son was. Does he count as one of the Oceanic 6. I'm guessing not as he was not on the plane.

Well they did say after last weeks episode that they would reveal another of the Oceanic 6 for last night's episode, but the wife and I just aren't sure. I have always been hooked.

+1 :wacko:

The Oceanic 6 are apparently Kate, Jack, Hurley, Sayeed, the person in the coffin to whom Jack was neither friend nor family, and another (the baby Aaron?). I used to think the person in the coffin was Locke, but now I'm not so sure. Sawyer? Sayeed?

Two things:

#1, I told myself after the 2nd episode this season that I would not theorize anymore because there are plot elements that have yet to unfold (a la Kate's "future" story from last night; Sayeed/Ben's story from the week before), which make theories pointless. For instance, wondering who the Oceanic 6 are. Before last night, we knew 4 of them (and that a 5th is dead), presumably (or not) there is a 6th with the little kid. We just don't know for sure.

#2, The elaborate lie Jack told at Kate's trial is to protect those that were left behind. Presumably to keep those who want to find the island away from its location, like the Oceanic guy visiting Hurley in the home. Probably a deal they made with Ben to get them off the island.

The Oceanic 6 are apparently Kate, Jack, Hurley, Sayeed, the person in the coffin to whom Jack was neither friend nor family, and another (the baby Aaron?). I used to think the person in the coffin was Locke, but now I'm not so sure. Sawyer? Sayeed?

Two things:

#1, I told myself after the 2nd episode this season that I would not theorize anymore because there are plot elements that have yet to unfold (a la Kate's "future" story from last night; Sayeed/Ben's story from the week before), which make theories pointless. For instance, wondering who the Oceanic 6 are. Before last night, we knew 4 of them (and that a 5th is dead), presumably (or not) there is a 6th with the little kid. We just don't know for sure.

#2, The elaborate lie Jack told at Kate's trial is to protect those that were left behind. Presumably to keep those who want to find the island away from its location, like the Oceanic guy visiting Hurley in the home. Probably a deal they made with Ben to get them off the island.

I didn't realize we knew that the guy whose funeral it was came from the plane, and thus one of the 6. Must have not picked up on that.

Wait, so Kate's kid at the end of the episode was Claire's baby, Aaron? I completely missed that, if so.

Wait, so Kate's kid at the end of the episode was Claire's baby, Aaron? I completely missed that, if so.

Yup. I missed it too. But the episode closed with dark, ominous music. So I figured that meant I missed something; I rewound it once or twice before my wife connected the dots for me.

It's possible that Claire was the last Oceanic survivor; possibly the person in the coffin last season. Though, since the baby referred to Kate as "mama" I think it is more likely that they left Claire on the Island (living or dead). Clearly, Kate has represented that Aaron his hers since returning to the US. And Jack obviously has a problem with that, for whatever reason. But its a big enough problem that he isn't tappin' that ass, even though you know he wants to.

Edited by yo mama

Yup. I missed it too. But the episode closed with dark, ominous music. So I figured that meant I missed something; I rewound it once or twice before my wife connected the dots for me.

It's possible that Claire was the last Oceanic survivor; possibly the person in the coffin last season. Though, since the baby referred to Kate as "mama" I think it is more likely that they left Claire on the Island (living or dead). Clearly, Kate has represented that Aaron his hers since returning to the US. And Jack obviously has a problem with that, for whatever reason. But its a big enough problem that he isn't tappin' that ass, even though you know he wants to.

Yeah, that is a wrinkle I wasn't expecting. When they were playing up all the "Kate has baby fever" stuff, I thought for sure it was gonna turn out to be Ben's kid. The mystery person in the coffin thing is one of those things I am not even going to speculate on, because I have been wrong about too much.

I'm still not sold on the person in the coffin being one of the Oceanic 6. I think that if they had been then the funeral parlor would have been a little more crowded. Plus, they showed Ben off the island in the previous episode which leads me to believe that more people may have gotten off than just the Oceanic 6.

Edited by twiley

I'm still not sold on the person in the coffin being one of the Oceanic 6. I think that if they had been then the funeral parlor would have been a little more crowded. Plus, they showed Ben off the island in the previous episode which leads me to believe that more people may have gotten off than just the Oceanic 6.

I agree- I was thinking Locke all the way, possibly Sawyer- someone who maybe makes a sacrifice to help them get off the island.......

I don't think it is one of the Oceanice 6 b/c they are all famous when they got back, and would have some peeps at the funeral home, not that non- descript joint that Jack visited in the hood

Yeah, but Ben comes and goes from the island all the time, right? The cache of clothes and passports and all that. And apparently he's been involved in some heavy shtuff for a while, too, since the boat people are there looking for him and he ends up being Sayeed's boss in that international espionage/assassin ring in the flash forward.

I agree- I was thinking Locke all the way, possibly Sawyer- someone who maybe makes a sacrifice to help them get off the island.......

I don't think it is one of the Oceanice 6 b/c they are all famous when they got back, and would have some peeps at the funeral home, not that non- descript joint that Jack visited in the hood

We know there's six people. We know it's Jack, Kate, Sayeed, and Hurley. That leaves two more. Either the person in the coffin and Claire's baby are the other two, or there's someone else we have yet to consider. Factoring in that thus far the plot in season 4 has revolved around those 4 people and Locke, Sawyer, and Claire in terms of the plane survivors, I'm not sure we can expect it to be any of the others.

IIRC, Jack goes to the funeral home because he read about the death in the paper. The funeral director asks, "Are you friend or family" and Jack says "Neither." The implication is that this would be someone #1, Jack did not get along with and #2, someone for whom no one would show up to a funeral. That has a clear bias towards it being Locke. Though I'm willing to accept that there have been zero plot developments this season that could be considered forseeable prior to their occurrence, so I'll leave it up to the writers to convince me something sensible is going to happen.

Edited by godtomsatan

Though I'm willing to accept that there have been zero plot developments this season that could be considered forseeable prior to their occurrence, so I'll leave it up to the writers to convince me something sensible is going to happen.

I thought I read that they were going to start bringing everything together this season. I call BS.

I'm still just as lost as I was when I watched the first episode. :wacko:

according to this week's entertainment weekly:

all of the "oceanic 6" will be revealed by the end of the march 13 episode.

the season was supposed to be 16 episodes, but only 8 were completed before the strike. they have time to complete 5 more, so they're gonna cram 8 episodes' worth of plot into those 5.

the "theme" of the season is how the castaways relate to the "freighter people."

and, supposedly, by the season's end we'll know what happened to everyone who didn't get off the island.

on another note, at the end of last night's episode, when kate went to see "her" kid, my wife and i both thought the boy looked like he had Down's. did anyone else think that? i didn't study it or anything, so maybe it was just the way the kid was lying in bed. not that it mattters either way, just something both my wife and i noticed.

on another note, at the end of last night's episode, when kate went to see "her" kid, my wife and i both thought the boy looked like he had Down's. did anyone else think that? i didn't study it or anything, so maybe it was just the way the kid was lying in bed. not that it mattters either way, just something both my wife and i noticed.

Ditto. I wrote it off to be the camera angle once we saw the full view of his face.

Two clues:

In the season 3 finale, when Kate meets Jack she says something to the effect of "I have to go. He's going to wonder where I am...." before leaving. Is she referring to Sawyer?

I think now we know that she was referring to Baby Aaron, who is now her son.

and, supposedly, by the season's end we'll know what happened to everyone who didn't get off the island.

Yeah, I thought that, too.

• 2 weeks later...