[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lost

T-Scorp

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the show, but it makes my brain hurt. I've pretty much given up on trying to figure things out. And I think there will ultimately be a number of real questions that never actually get answered. for instance - I don't know that we'll ever know what the black "smoke-monster" is/was.

I could be wrong, but I'm honestly not sure that the writers/creators have answers for all the questions they're bringing up. I get the sense they're somewhat winging it. There's just sooo many loose ends and they keep creating more that I find it difficult to think there is a cohesive way to bring it all together without leaving some things unanswered.

I wonder if the dude in the coffin is michael...would make sense where the funeral parlor was. Walt is important to the island, he stays, but Michael is one of the 6?

well, as stated before, I am not so sure the guy in the coffin has to be one of the 6.......obviously somethin goes down on the island, and with Kate ending up with the baby, who knows who is in the coffin.........I still say Sawyer/Locke

great ep last week- I think the whole time warp thing is a cool wrinkle

I wonder if the dude in the coffin is michael...would make sense where the funeral parlor was. Walt is important to the island, he stays, but Michael is one of the 6?

That is interesting, as it goes back to the ghostbuster guy in the woman's house collecting that money from the "ghoat" or whatever. There was a picture on the wall of someone that looked like Michael.

Then again, I keep going under the likelihood that Michael is Ben's mole on the ship.

I could be wrong, but I'm honestly not sure that the writers/creators have answers for all the questions they're bringing up. I get the sense they're somewhat winging it. There's just sooo many loose ends and they keep creating more that I find it difficult to think there is a cohesive way to bring it all together without leaving some things unanswered.

What loose ends? It kind of seems to me that they are doing a somewhat masterful job of tying everything together. :wacko:

When Locke asked Ben what the smoke monster was, and Ben said he didn't know, I think that maybe that was an indication that you're not going to get every detail of the island explained in the show.

Last week's episode might have been the best single episode of the series thus far and went a long way towards a cohesive explanation for everything that has transpired. Or maybe not. The time travel element with the whole "constant" concept allows for quite a bit of leeway in terms of why everyone is there in the first place.

Edited by godtomsatan

What loose ends? It kind of seems to me that they are doing a somewhat masterful job of tying everything together. :wacko:

When Locke asked Ben what the smoke monster was, and Ben said he didn't know, I think that maybe that was an indication that you're not going to get every detail of the island explained in the show.

Last week's episode might have been the best single episode of the series thus far and went a long way towards a cohesive explanation for everything that has transpired. Or maybe not. The time travel element with the whole "constant" concept allows for quite a bit of leeway in terms of why everyone is there in the first place.

Hmm...

I'll agree to disagree, but it just seems like there's a bunch of stuff that I will find miraculous if they're able to make it all make sense to the viewers.

I do think that it sounded to me like you pretty much made my point for me in saying:

"I think that maybe that was an indication that you're not going to get every detail of the island explained in the show".

In the past month, I've watched all the seasons/episodes of LOST and The Wire and just caught up with LOST. :wacko: These are 2 of my favs ever...and those who haven't seen The Wire...it's well worth your time. My fav, slightly over LOST. I'll finally watch my 1st episode of LOST when it actually airs this Thursday. Great stuff. I'm definitely hooked. Agree with gilthrop and my guess is the dude in the coffin is Michael also. At first, I thought Locke or Ben....because I don't believe the "Oceanic 6" will leave the island on ideal terms....I think some sort of deal will be made or a mishap will be part of their leaving. Sorta forgot about Michael really....but I also believe he is Ben's spy on the boat. Remember when he and Walt left on the boat..Ben told him the "exact" route to go. Walt and Locke have a "special" connection to the island than the others IMO, although they were all there for a reason it seems....and as you see in the future flashes...something haunts them, and they (at least Jack & Hurley) are drawn back to the island. I'm confused as heck on the whole Desmond & time travel thing...but apparently that part of the story is going to play into explaining alot of things related to the island, etc. Remember when Locke saw Walt when in the hole and said he told him what to do...but he looked bigger/taller? Walt and Locke are connected with the island, in a way that Ben never was it seems.

Edited by Hitman

No but told the other doctor to go upstairs and see if his dad was drunker than he was. Or something like that.

After last weeks episode I'm almost inclined to suggest that a "different" Jack actually thought his dad was still alive. Possibly a Jack from the past but in that segments body. :wacko:

This show drives me nuts.

Guest Chappy

Looks like we're back to a little bit of old school Lost tonight. You know people that can magically appear and disappear along with faint whispers you can barely hear in the woods.

My guess is Ben's spy on the boat is Michael. I dont think Michael is the one in the coffin, notta chance.

I think it's safe to say Michael is DEFINATELY Ben's inside man. Inside the coffin, though, who knows.

Another great episode, I love the expansion of Goodwin's back story, much like the did Evan's, to reveal more about Julliette.

Agree that Michael is the insider on the boat. Liked the episode last night as it went back to the "old" formula of back filling. Ben continues to try and manipulate and toy with Locke.

Interesting that the Julliete and Goodwin were having an affair and now she is warning Jack about Ben. Future Jack in a couple of episodes back lie's for Kate and then says he never stopped loving her, yet he seems to have a thing for Julliette.

So was Harper really there or was it the Island telling Julliette to kill the the boat people?

Agree that Michael is the insider on the boat. Liked the episode last night as it went back to the "old" formula of back filling. Ben continues to try and manipulate and toy with Locke.

Interesting that the Julliete and Goodwin were having an affair and now she is warning Jack about Ben. Future Jack in a couple of episodes back lie's for Kate and then says he never stopped loving her, yet he seems to have a thing for Julliette.

So was Harper really there or was it the Island telling Julliette to kill the the boat people?

Smoke monster tryign to protect itself by manifesting itself as somebody who Julliette woudl trust? Maybe...

Ben as a creepy stalker was great, but his happy little "hello" as he walked between the huts was the best!

Smoke monster tryign to protect itself by manifesting itself as somebody who Julliette woudl trust? Maybe...

That was my thought, as well. We know from Mr. Echo that the Island can manifest itself in ways that people recognize, and can speak from a base of knowledge that implies it can read your mind.

The other theory is that the "native" island inhabitants are somehow different (more evolved, or adapted?) than regular people. If so, the "therapist" could be a native rather than a transplant.

That was my thought, as well. We know from Mr. Echo that the Island can manifest itself in ways that people recognize, and can speak from a base of knowledge that implies it can read your mind.

That would make sense because she did mention "Ben is exactly where he needs to be." There's virtually no way she could have known he was locked up in the basement and wanted to be there. At least that's how I saw it.

That would make sense because she did mention "Ben is exactly where he needs to be." There's virtually no way she could have known he was locked up in the basement and wanted to be there. At least that's how I saw it.

Well, that and think way back to when Tom stopped Jack, Locke, and Kate in the jungle, took their guns, and drew a "line in the sand" that the survivors shouldn't cross. When he did that, there wasn't the creepy whispering in the jungle. It was just a guy with some torches doing his thang. The creepy voices only pop up when the Island and/or Island natives are close by.