[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Plaxico

matt770

Dude. You've always been the quiet type, which was fine. When you opened your mouth in the past, honestly, subtitles would've been helpful.

So now, biggest game of your career, facing one of the best teams in history, is when you choose to speak?????? You give the Pats bulletin board material they really don't need? What in the %^&*$# is wrong with you?!?!?!?! You sit there with your backwards hat and shades, shooting your mouth off about the final score, and you give the Pats fewer points than they have scored in a game all year?!?!?! Gee, I hope Brady doesn't use that as motivation. You unprofessional idiot b@stard.

That's it, I'm done with you. The laziness and pouting last year, the giving up on plays was bad enough. But then you had a career season and you really stepped up against the Packers. I'm thinking, wow, this guy has really turned the corner, he's gelling with Eli, playing his heart out.

A leopard doesn't change his spots. There was a good reason Pittsburgh let him go.

I could say the same about Strahan acting like a clown and those stupid commercials with him playing the guitar.

Which team is acting like they've been here before?? :wacko::D:D:moon::guns::brew::brow:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude. You've always been the quiet type, which was fine. When you opened your mouth in the past, honestly, subtitles would've been helpful.

So now, biggest game of your career, facing one of the best teams in history, is when you choose to speak?????? You give the Pats bulletin board material they really don't need? What in the %^&*$# is wrong with you?!?!?!?! You sit there with your backwards hat and shades, shooting your mouth off about the final score, and you give the Pats fewer points than they have scored in a game all year?!?!?! Gee, I hope Brady doesn't use that as motivation. You unprofessional idiot b@stard.

That's it, I'm done with you. The laziness and pouting last year, the giving up on plays was bad enough. But then you had a career season and you really stepped up against the Packers. I'm thinking, wow, this guy has really turned the corner, he's gelling with Eli, playing his heart out.

A leopard doesn't change his spots. There was a good reason Pittsburgh let him go.

I could say the same about Strahan acting like a clown and those stupid commercials with him playing the guitar.

Which team is acting like they've been here before?? :wacko::D:D:moon::guns::brew::brow:

let it go ...Plex is what he is both off and on the field ...He believes his team will win so he said it ..would rather have him confident than scared or quiet

at this stage with all the pats have at stake , i sincerely doubt they need or will use bulletin board material ..they are going for greatest season ever by a team and Plex does not change that or add to their desires

and just by chance if Giants win , Plex looks more like a hero than a goat

i am a fellow giant fan and it did not faze me at all

let the boys play on sunday and the real talking will be done on the field anyway

I give him credit for saying that they will win....he is playing in the biggest game of the year...(and his career).... When asked who will win, would you rather him say " The Patriots will win; we are just happy to be here"....

dont think the Pats are 'tacking' his comments on the bulletin....EVERYONE on the Giants and Patriots should feel that their team will win, or they shouldnt be there......he didnt say "I guarantee a win'......

I give him credit for saying that they will win....he is playing in the biggest game of the year...(and his career).... When asked who will win, would you rather him say " The Patriots will win; we are just happy to be here"....

dont think the Pats are 'tacking' his comments on the bulletin....EVERYONE on the Giants and Patriots should feel that their team will win, or they shouldnt be there......he didnt say "I guarantee a win'......

yup ..agree with this as well

Sure, the confidence is good to see. As Brady said, they should be confident, they are the NFC champs.

I guess I'm a little too old-school for my own good, expecting a player to reflect on what it means to be in this moment, both to his teammates and his fans and a proud organization, and answering questions with humility and grace is too much to ask in this day and age. No wait, the Pats did exactly that.

This is why I think we're going to get blown out. I keep thinking of Chad Johnson sending Alka Seltzer to the Browns secondary and then getting shut down. If Plaxico blows up and has a great game, I'll eat my words I guess.

i may be one of the handful of Pats fans that think its going to be a real close game, and possible upset....Giants have NOTHING TO LOSE...no one expected them to beat Dallas...to beat Green Bay and to be where they are....they are playing with the houses money right now.....they lose, well, hey everyone said they would....but if they win, big upset......

They are in a similar situation as the Steelers who beat the Seahawks....and the Pats who beat the Rams......

I hate when someone predicts a win,but its nothing everyone didnt already know they were thinking,

Look at Seymours reply,"with us winning right" not much difference.Brady saying ,only 17?Is dissing the Giants D right back.They arent as obvious or blatant,but theres not much difference.If they lose its because they werent good enough,not because of some quote.

May get a few extra flags out of Harrison now. :wacko:

Edited by xtra

i may be one of the handful of Pats fans that think its going to be a real close game, and possible upset....Giants have NOTHING TO LOSE...no one expected them to beat Dallas...to beat Green Bay and to be where they are....they are playing with the houses money right now.....they lose, well, hey everyone said they would....but if they win, big upset......

They are in a similar situation as the Steelers who beat the Seahawks....and the Pats who beat the Rams......

Everyone keeps saying that, but the Pats' experience in these games counts for a lot. I think the way the two teams are conducting themselves speaks volumes. I don't expect the Giants to win, but I expect them to give the same effort we've seen the past 3 weeks. If Eli can not throw picks, and the defense can keep up the intensity for 4 quarters, who knows. Then I think it will be a close game.

If the Giants put forth a great effort and get outplayed, fine. They are playing the top scoring team in history. If they allow themselves to get distracted and make a lot of dumb mistakes, it could set them back considerably, and that is something that Giants fans would have a tougher time accepting.

1. The Pats shouldn't need bulletin board material to play a Super Bowl game or even a pre-season game. They get paid to play even if nobody hates them or says anything bad about them.

2. Burress is an NFL player and he should think that his team can win or should he and the Giants not show up on Sunday?

3. Is this the first time that Burress has talked smack? I would say no to that one.

So what? I'm one of those that wouldn't expect any other response. He wasn't an ass about it. Did he let the cat out of the bag that the Giants were not going to lay down? Something that struck me last night is why should the Patriots be so offended? If you look at it, them getting offended is not really much different. "How dare they think they can beat us, we are going to win" is the way it comes across to me.

If this is bulletin board material the Patriots are pretty damn stupid. They should expect the other team to think they are going to win. Apparently there is no right answer to who you think is going to win because the headlines would even be bigger if he said they were going to lose.

Sure, the confidence is good to see. As Brady said, they should be confident, they are the NFC champs.

I guess I'm a little too old-school for my own good, expecting a player to reflect on what it means to be in this moment, both to his teammates and his fans and a proud organization, and answering questions with humility and grace is too much to ask in this day and age. No wait, the Pats did exactly that.

This is why I think we're going to get blown out. I keep thinking of Chad Johnson sending Alka Seltzer to the Browns secondary and then getting shut down. If Plaxico blows up and has a great game, I'll eat my words I guess.

It was pepto and they thought it was funny. When Chad trash talked the Ravens Ray Lewis said "That's so cute. It's like your son trash talking for the first time" They know Chad and know he isn't a jerk.

The Patriots know what it takes to win and know he was just being cofident. I can see disliking what he said but what do you mean he is dead to you over this?

I doubt anyone gives a flying fark what Plaxico said.

And anyone that thinks the Giants have "nothing to lose" is nuts. Both teams have as much at stake. Both teams have amazing NFL records they set this year and more on the line. And both teams will be pissed if they go home empty handed.

I doubt anyone gives a flying fark what Plaxico said.

And anyone that thinks the Giants have "nothing to lose" is nuts. Both teams have as much at stake. Both teams have amazing NFL records they set this year and more on the line. And both teams will be pissed if they go home empty handed.

my Nothing to Lose comment didn't come out correctly....You are right; they have just as much at stake as the Patriots, and certainly don't want to go home as the 2nd best team in the country. What I was trying to convey is that with the line set the way it is....the focus on the Patriots and their undefeated season, no one has given the Giants the credit they deserve....which could work to their advantage....what I meant is that IF they lose, everyone will say 'i told you so'......If i wasnt a diehard Pats fan in Foxboro area, I'd be pulling for their team...!!

The fact that Plex and Strahan are loose enough to joke around is a good sign. Plex saying that the Giants are gonna win is not a bad thing. OK maybe he shouldn't have started giving out numbers but hey, he's excited.

Make me another vote for BFD.

I also thought Brady handled it well. Joking back, about not minding that Plax said they'd win but he would have preferred 45-42. Like others have said, if it takes this to get the Patriots up for the game...

I'm expecting a good game

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...ires_back_.html

For three days, the Patriots did what they do best (aside from winning): They kept their mouths shut, refusing to be drawn into a war of words with the chatty Giants.

Then came Wednesday, and Randy Moss did what he does best: He broke free from the pack and scored, mocking the Giants' dressed-in-black fashion statement.

"Yeah, you're supposed to wear black to a funeral," the Patriots' star wide receiver said at the team hotel, adding, "We'll see who has black on after the game."

In the buttoned-down world of the Patriots, that is borderline trash-talking.

It came in response to the Giants' decision to wear black to Super Bowl XLII. They arrived Monday night in dark suits, explaining their odd choice of wardrobe this way: Business suits for a business trip.

Sounded good, but there may have been a secret reason for the black threads. SNY, quoting unidentified players, said the Giants wore black to mourn the death of the Patriots' dynasty.

The Patriots, trying to complete the first undefeated season since the 1972 Dolphins, got a kick out of hearing that.

"We're too young," safety Rodney Harrison said. "We're not ready to die. We'll see what happens on Sunday."

The Giants are doing a lot of chirping for a 12-point underdog, adding fuel to the Patriots' motivational furnace. Yesterday, the Patriots still were buzzing about Plaxico Burress' prediction: a 23-17 victory for the Giants.

"He's entitled to say anything, but the only thing about a prediction is that you've got to make it happen," Moss said. "I think the pressure is more on them now since they've guaranteed this victory. ... Making a prediction that you're going to go out there and make it happen are very tough words to back up. We'll see what happens when the game clock is on zero on Sunday."

The comment made for a good media story, but I don't think it matters to either team. As a Giants fan, I'm happy Plax and the rest of the team are confident they can win this game. They are loose and relaxed. If they came into this game scared and thinking they had no chance to win, they might as well just give the trophy to the Pats right now and go home. That's why they play the game!