[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which Giant feels more depressed about this?

AtomicCEO

The question  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Which excellent Giant athlete feels more depressed

• Shockey, who's injury theoretically allowed Eli to take control of the huddle
    • Tiki, who left an 8-8 team and badmouthed everyone, only to see them become champions without him

This is what I found interesting about Shockey. Pregame: He "walks" out on crutches, onto the field, and the FOX announcer says that Shockey had not attended any of the NYG playoff games, but here he is -- here to support his teammates. I almost choked on that.

Then, the only other shot you see of Shockey during the game was in a suite. Yeah -- supporting your teammates.

With that display, I don't know if Shockey understands the term, teammate.

leading up to the game i guess there were questions about if shockey would be at the game...i read or heard that he said he didnt want to be on the sideline on crutches getting in the way or something like that.

gotta be tiki. retire. become an average, at best, commentator. slam current QB. Watch him lead team to Super Bowl with much less talented RB's while you stilll have gas left in the tank. wish you hadn't retired so you could get a nice big shiny ring. . .

leading up to the game i guess there were questions about if shockey would be at the game...i read or heard that he said he didnt want to be on the sideline on crutches getting in the way or something like that.

:wacko:

Now, he's stuck with a ring he didn't earn ... for eternity. Somewhere in there, young grasshoppers, is a lesson in Karma. The rook TE's huge catch was just frosting on the Karma Kake. Nice touch, universe.

Tiki's legacy changed again last night -- he's gone from a fumbling role-player to a productive all star to a bitter selfcentered whiner to the new poster child for the Ewing Tiki Theory. Toooo bad, because if he hadn't bitten of the bitter selfcentered whiner fruit, he'd had a nice end to his career ... Pssst - grasshoppers - don't burn bridges ...

Edited by Donutrun Jellies

Now, he's stuck with a ring he didn't earn ... for eternity. Somewhere in there, young grasshoppers, is a lesson in Karma. The rook TE's huge catch was just frosting on the Karma Kake. Nice touch, universe.

Tiki's legacy changed again last night -- he's gone from a fumbling role-player to a productive all star to a bitter selfcentered whiner to the new poster child for the Ewing Tiki Theory. Toooo bad, because if he hadn't bitten of the bitter selfcentered whiner fruit, he'd had a nice end to his career ... Pssst - grasshoppers - don't burn bridges ...

who is this grasshopper u keep talking to ????

Getting in the way? Sure... maybe being on the sidelines would get in the way of Shockey knocking back a few brews. We all laughed heartily at the shot with Shockey in the suite, beer nearly in hand.

If you saw Shockey's face yesterday it was pretty obvious it was him. When Tiki left I think he was at peace with the decision and had a job he liked.

Shockey's departure may have helped the team. Sometimes when a dominant player leaves(see Sharpe in Green Bay) other members of the team step up.

The Giants have a lot of good rookies on that team and many have stepped up.

I think it would be genius to offer Tiki a ring...

The Colts offered Edge a ring last year, could you imagine how Tiki would feel? :wacko:

Didn't remember that the Colts offered Edge a ring... Did that really happen?

Getting in the way? Sure... maybe being on the sidelines would get in the way of Shockey knocking back a few brews. We all laughed heartily at the shot with Shockey in the suite, beer nearly in hand.

Same reaction I had too. Why hobble on the sidelines and get in the way of a team that has improved since you went down when you can relax in a suite and get hammered?

Does anyone have the link of Shockey looking sullen when Boss made that catch ? Also to answer the question Tiki would feel worse. Shockey played a good portion of the season and has earned a ring

The million dollar question will be this:

Will Shockey turn over a new leaf and stop being such an ass hat, or will he say all the right things and act like he's a changed man only to turn out to be Tootie, part 2? :wacko:

You just might win "Huddle's Best Fisherman". You also might need therapy for this obsession.

Any way this is an easy one. As many have already stated, at least Shockey has a ring. He'll be back as part of the Giants and hopefully has learned that he'll just be playing a role and doesn't need the spotlight. Tiki is a bonehead who is now required to do his big media job with his foot in his mouth and ringless fingers. I'm certainly not a Giant fan but love that they won and did so without Tiki.

Edited by irish

Shockey gets a ring, and most people in New York are going to welcome him back. I think most fans don't recognize that Shockey's injury coincided with Eli stepping up and leading the team. A better question is this...

Who felt more depressed the year after they retired: Tiki Barber or Don Mattingly?

Tiki spent 9 years with the Giants. Mattingly had 13 years in the majors with the Yankees. Tiki joined the Giants in 97, seven seasons after the G-Men won their last SB. Mattingly joined the Yankees in 82. The Yanks had just won the world series the year before. Tiki could have continued playing for another couple years. I believe he didn't feel the Giants had a shot at a title with Eli and/or Tom Coughlin, and he didn't want to keep playing if he didn't have a shot at a SB. Mattingly had been troubled by back problems for years and played until he felt he couldn't go on. The only year the Yankees made the post-season with Mattingly was '95, his last year. They played only one series, losing in 5 games, but Mattingly batted .417 with 6 RBIs. Tiki started burning bridges very shortly after leaving the Giants. Mattingly always remained loyal to and beloved by his team. Both of their teams went on to win titles the year after their retirements. In Mattingly's case, his 13 years with the Yankees happens to be the longest the Yankees have ever gone without winning a world series. So I ask you, which is more brutal?

You just might win "Huddle's Best Fisherman". You also might need therapy for this obsession.

Any way this is an easy one. As many have already stated, at least Shockey has a ring. He'll be back as part of the Giants and hopefully has learned that he'll just be playing a role and doesn't need the spotlight. Tiki is a bonehead who is now required to do his big media job with his foot in his mouth and ringless fingers. I'm certainly not a Giant fan but love that they won and did so without Tiki.

Yeah but the shots of Shockey during the game weren't good. He wasn't happy from what i saw.

If Tiki's priorities were gettig a ring I would agree with you, but I think he is happy where he is now. His second career is just starting and regardless of what we think about it Sho ckey seems to be the odd mann out. Tiki has a lot more opportunities long term than Shockey does.

Didn't remember that the Colts offered Edge a ring... Did that really happen?

Yes.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/...ardsnb1213.html

Edge gets a ring

Running back Edgerrin James spent his first seven NFL seasons with Indianapolis, but he left in 2006 and wasn't part of the Colts championship team last year. At least not officially.

Word came out of Indianapolis this week that Coach Tony Dungy gave James a Super Bowl ring, a move that James confirmed Wednesday.

"I'll cherish that forever," said James, who made it clear that he won't wear the ring.

"I'll put it up high, and hopefully someday I'll match it."

Edited by Riffraff