[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could DeAngelo Williams owners finally see a payoff?

tonyr0802

Pulled from Roto, sounds like Foster could be cut. If cut, does anyone thing DeW can step up and be the #1 guy in CAR? He's not really shown that he can IMO, thoughts?

The Panthers could reportedly cut ties with DeShaun Foster by as soon as Monday.

The league's waiver wire re-opens, so expect some cuts to be made. Foster is due a $4.75 million base salary in 2008. Dan Morgan could also go today.

From Roto

I think the Panthers like him, but I think they want to find a bruiser to really jam the ball down the opponents throat and have been missing that ever since they parted ways with Stephen Davis. I think the Panthers may make a run at some of the FA RBs out there or potentially draft one to compliment Williams. I think Foster will likely get cut after two years of dissappointing results from him when he had all the chance to show what he could do, except drop the ball on the ground repeatedly!

I would like to see DW get a chance to see what he can do, but there was a meeting with Fox and Hurney at the Big Cat's lake house and they talked about their vision for the team and how they would like to run the ball well, so I can't help but thing there will be a new RB on the roster that could impact how DW does and how many carries he might get this year.

Could this be a move to make room for a run at Turner?

I could see them trying to get either Turner or Marion Barber, who also fits there style very well. The couple Cowboys games that I saw on TV this year, made be a fan of Barber's despite the fact I really dislike the Cowboys in general. Barber would be great to get, however, I think the Cowboys will go out of their way to keep him.

I think they'd like to make a run at a back that fits the Stephen Davis mold, that would allow them the flexibility they had in 03 with Davis and Foster. I'd love to see them get a bigger back like Turner and try to mimic what the Giants are doing with Jacobs and Bradshaw.

I do expect Carr and Morgan to be cut tomorrow, and I think the smart move would be to cut Foster. My only worry is that they won't let him go due to no depth behind Williams. His release may come after they sign someone after free agency begins.

I think they'd like to make a run at a back that fits the Stephen Davis mold, that would allow them the flexibility they had in 03 with Davis and Foster. I'd love to see them get a bigger back like Turner and try to mimic what the Giants are doing with Jacobs and Bradshaw.

I do expect Carr and Morgan to be cut tomorrow, and I think the smart move would be to cut Foster. My only worry is that they won't let him go due to no depth behind Williams. His release may come after they sign someone after free agency begins.

panthers.com is reporting that Morgan and Wahle have been cut.

He has been :wacko: for a good while now.

Here's hoping the Panthers didn't release Dave ...

I held onto DeAngelo allllllll year last year, convinced the next game they'd finally give him the bulk of the carries and he'd produce like beast -- and got nothing. Not going there again, unless he is the ONLY RB on their entire freeeeeakin' roster and they only have one legged WRs and an eyeless QB ...

Edited by Donutrun Jellies

I held onto DeAngelo allllllll year last year, convinced the next game they'd finally give him the bulk of the carries and he'd produce like beast -- and got nothing.

I think you'll find there are loads of guys who made that mistake last year. I remember all the "dude... yer crazy, Williams is a freaking stud, there's no way they're gonna start Foster ahead of him BBQOMFGYOUSUCK!!!11!!!1!" posts before the season started.

I had the Foster/Williams conundrum two seasons ago. It stunk back then too. Glad I steered away from that.

Edited by Sturphy

I think you'll find there are loads of guys who made that mistake last year. I remember all the "dude... yer crazy, Williams is a freaking stud, there's no way they're gonna start Foster ahead of him BBQOMFGYOUSUCK!!!11!!!1!" posts before the season started.

I had the Foster/Williams conundrum two seasons ago. It stunk back then too. Glad I steered away from that.

So your saying you wouldn't want to trade for them in FDSB? :wacko: